Code of Conduct

Smile Just tried Egoiste for the very first time!

And woooooah! It's a beauty!

Dangerously addictive, rosey in a very middle-eastern way, spicy in a seductive way, and delicious in every way.

If Antaeus is the powersuit male of the 80's, Egoiste is the Casanova of royalty.

Thank you Gupts for the sample!

~ Snifferdog.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just tried Egoiste for the very first time!

Egoiste Is A Masterpiece.
    Totally Artistic Scent That Brngs The Perfume Of Paris In My Mind.
    Its A 100% French Perfume And I Think That It Is The Number One Scent Of All The Time.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently discovered it too!
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Quote Originally Posted by dalailama1 View Post
    Egoiste Is A Masterpiece.
    Totally Artistic Scent That Brngs The Perfume Of Paris In My Mind.
    Its A 100% French Perfume And I Think That It Is The Number One Scent Of All The Time.
    I couldn't agree more. It's incredible perfection, beauty, mystery. And it even gets better and better the longer it's on your skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, just you wait for the drydown....

yessss! Egoiste is Heaven in a Bottle! by far the best chanel i've smelled, so amazing drydown ...

Egoiste is better than every niche fragrance i've tried so far (and i've tried many).
    Last edited by knightowl; 6th February 2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

How does it compare with Egoiste platinum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Golem View Post
    How does it compare with Egoiste platinum?
    Platinum Egoiste is much drier aromatic and woodier, whereas Egoiste is very rosy, sweet and spicy.

To me it almost smells like a very jazzed up turkish delight. I know it's blasphemy to say that, but it's true! It's a very musky rose/oriental fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

@snifferdog, whooooahhh, how old are you? I got both Egoiste...the Platinum you can wear it everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by snifferdog View Post
    And woooooah! It's a beauty!

Dangerously addictive, rosey in a very middle-eastern way, spicy in a seductive way, and delicious in every way.

If Antaeus is the powersuit male of the 80's, Egoiste is the Casanova of royalty.

Thank you Gupts for the sample!

~ Snifferdog.
    Welcome to the Egoiste fan club!

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    @snifferdog, whooooahhh, how old are you? I got both Egoiste...the Platinum you can wear it everytime.
    34.... and Egoiste got pulled off the shelves in Australia years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

The worm has definitely turned for you, my friend.

I bought Egoiste for myself the other day (even though I'm a girl) because I heard it smelled like Chanel Bois des Iles. I love it and think it works well on me, but it would be phenomenal on a man. I haven't talked my husband into trying it yet (he's not into cologne) but he has worn Platinum Egoiste in the past...regular Egoiste is in a completely different and amazing class!
    “Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.”--Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by eek909 View Post
    I love it and think it works well on me, but it would be phenomenal on a man.
    It is indeed. There is nothing that causes that feeling of soft sophistication and relaxed confidence like Egoiste does.

Yeah, check out Platinum as well!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought it from Bnotes member. Can't believe my first reactions to it were so bad. My first wearings brought out a fecal note that really turned me off. This time around I don't detect a fecal note as earlier but a divine rose scent that really impresses me. Soft powdery rose encased in sandlewood with vanilla lingering at the end. Brilliant and I may say that it eclipses Allure Homme as my fav Chanel.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by eek909 View Post
    I bought Egoiste for myself the other day (even though I'm a girl) because I heard it smelled like Chanel Bois des Iles. I love it and think it works well on me, but it would be phenomenal on a man. I haven't talked my husband into trying it yet (he's not into cologne) but he has worn Platinum Egoiste in the past...regular Egoiste is in a completely different and amazing class!
    I have both and it definatley does not smell like chanel bois des iles one bit. bois des iles is 100x what egoiste is. if you haven't tried it I suggest you do

Still going strong on the little sample Gupts gave me, and now I'm getting the "oh my god, this is so rosy, so floral and feminine, how can I possibly get away with something that smells like a spicy fruit punch!"

Panic, panic, panic.

Still hasn't stopped me from getting a bottle, however!

Just trying to get over the hurdle of "breaking" this chicken-phase. lol!

Still going strong on the little sample Gupts gave me, and now I'm getting the "oh my god, this is so rosy, so floral and feminine, how can I possibly get away with something that smells like a spicy fruit punch!"

Egoiste might be too much for you to handle right now...keep sniffing other fragrances, in order to "fine-tune" your nose .
    Last edited by knightowl; 9th February 2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Egoiste might be too much for you to handle right now...keep sniffing other fragrances, in order to "fine-tune" your nose .
    You know, the thing is ... I just can't stop smelling it! I think I'm addicted to it......

Bring on the full bottle!

It does dry down beautifully, doesn't it. Very fruity (lots of mandarine) but mellow, spicy, sweet with the sandalwood and vanilla. I can smell a lot of cinnamon and clove in it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a good time to bring on one of the best perfume commercials of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE

Egoïste, où es-tu?
    Montre-toi, misérable!
    Prends garde à mon courroux,
    Je serai implacable!
    Ô rage, ô désespoir,
    Ô mon Amour trahi!
    N'ai-je donc tant vécu que pour cette infamie?
    Montre-toi, égoïste!
    Egoïste!

Egoist, where are you?
    Show yourself, miserable!
    Take guard with my anger,
    I will be relentless!
    Oh rage, Oh despair,
    Oh my betrayed Love!
    Did I live so much only for this infamy?
    Show yourself, egoist!
    Egoist!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Seems like a good time to bring on one of the best perfume commercials of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE

Egoïste, où es-tu?
    Montre-toi, misérable!
    Prends garde à mon courroux,
    Je serai implacable!
    Ô rage, ô désespoir,
    Ô mon Amour trahi!
    N'ai-je donc tant vécu que pour cette infamie?
    Montre-toi, égoïste!
    Egoïste!

Egoist, where are you?
    Show yourself, miserable!
    Take guard with my anger,
    I will be relentless!
    Oh rage, Oh despair,
    Oh my betrayed Love!
    Did I live so much only for this infamy?
    Show yourself, egoist!
    Egoist!
    LOLOL!!! I was just watching that!!! It's a great ad! There's a Platinum Egoiste ad too, and it's quite funny.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, the thing is ... I just can't stop smelling it! I think I'm addicted to it......
    snifferdog, it is nice to see you finding the love for L'Égoïste!

Since joining Basenotes and having the opportunity to experience so many fine perfumes and colognes, I don't know if I will ever have one signature fragrance. But if I was going to have a signature fragrance, I think it very well might be Égoïste. I hadn't worn Égoïste for a couple weeks, but I was reading this thread and got inspired to apply some to my skin, and even after a few years of wearing this fragrance, I am still very impressed. I really should wear this more often.

You know, after having read about it I really wanted to try it, but was a bit hesitant becaus of the rose note that everyone was talking about. And I kind of built an expectation in my head that it was going to be much more spicy and woody than it was. So naturally when I took my first whiff from a sent sample I was a bit blown away by its sort of stewed fruity smell with rose, clove and cinnamon in there.

At first I thought, "Oh my f(%**$# god what is this?"

But, as with all things, it's a matter of getting used to it and discovering the many facets to it.

The more I've worn it the more I've seen the many layers in it, and how richly composed it is, and how warm and well-blended the layers are.

It is unique, there's nothing out there that I have smelt that comes even close to it. I'm sure there's many more men's rose fragrances, but I haven't smelt them.

Question Re: Just tried Egoiste for the very first time!

I'm wearing Egoiste for the third time now and I'm still not sure of I like it or not. The top notes smell like a store for Chinese food and spices. Then afterwards it gets very sweet and I start wondering if this really is a male fragrance... The strange thing is, I had no problems with the sweetness in Dior Homme.

Although I'm not sure if I like Egoiste, I must admit that it is a mysterious and intriguing scent, which I will give a few more tries. I have not seen it mentioned yet, but I detect a distinct tea note in Egoiste. Did anybody else smell tea in Egoiste?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the same with Egoïste. It was nice to buy it again after awhile. But I don't really wear it often. Looks like I have ambivalent feelings about this perfume. May be it's something Dutch, don't you think, brainpower?

Well I did put it on now to see what it smells like again. The problem is that it doesn't smell in harmony in my nose - it divides into two parts. One is a sweet spicy note of Ambrette, Vanilla and spices. And another one is a harsh rose, that smells almost like Geranium to me. Looks like those two are struggling in my nose (or my mind). I even can't smell woody notes good behind a rose. It takes time till it balances on my skin and when I think I smell it balanced, the harshness of rose is coming through again.

Still a nice fragrance to smell occasionally on someone. But I will not join the club - to complicated in relationship.

Max