Code of Conduct

Default specialty fragrance houses

hello all...is there any fragrance house which tries to capture smells like for eg. the way mud reacts to first rain or damp moist earth in a rain forest or a perfectly ripe fruit and so on.....if so, could you please share your experiences?

Please pardon me if this topic is repeated...
    Last edited by jenson; 14th March 2008 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: specialty fragrance houses

Creed Epicea and Cypres Musc smell like a rainforest.

Actually L'Artisan Parfumeur is supposed to have in its DNA the mission to create olfactive landscapes etc... but also many others.
    For example I always get the fresh cut grass of a field in a spring morning from the opening notes of Yerbamate.

This is what you are looking for.

http://www.tigerflag.com/mitti_attar.html

Its amazing and its on sale right now.

I just noticed you are from India, so you probably know all about Mitti Attar.
    Last edited by ajmc; 14th March 2008 at 04:28 PM.

excellent!! you guys are just amazing, you all are like google search...a result for every search.

ajmc... great suggestion! I'd never heard of that... A couple others I can suggest are Demeter Thunderstorm, CB I Hate Perfume Wild Hunt (it has that funny but great smell of rain hitting sidewalk.. it's like mushroomy and rounded... it's really cool!).

AH! I just read your post again... you are looking for a house with very defined scent moments! Both Demeter and CB have many many offerings in the way of scent experiences for you to sift through.
    Last edited by nthny; 14th March 2008 at 04:35 PM.