Code of Conduct

Default Where are the best places to apply perfume?

From a vial, where are the best places on your body to apply perfume for longer lasting scent.
    Wrists? behind the knees? around belly button? inside elbows? neck?, behind earlobes?
    Just curious as to where you apply your perfume.

Default Re: Where are the best places to apply perfume?

There are a number of threads asking this question so if you don't want to wait for responses I suggest you try to search for them.

You want to get the juice on "hot spots" around the body. These are plaes like the neck, chest, inner elbow, behind the ear, etc. These are warmer spots that help project the scent. I wear it on my shirt as well. You can mix and match to find what works with each scent for you.

Thanks,
    Love board search options, just have to come up with the right key words

I've found that some are good with a spray to the chest and shirt, while others are better with a couple of chest sprays, along with one or two sprays just below the wrist on your forearm or on the back of the hand.

Blog Entries

From a vial, I use a Q-tip and apply to the sternum and the wrists.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I have found wrist application to be more or less useless.. because the wrists are more susceptible to brushing here and there.. they easily get wet while washing your hands etc .. perfume gets wiped off rather easy from the wrists.

My ideal spots for perfume application from vials or bottles are : Chest.. I spray my chest generously.. (I'm a guy btw) .. I apply on the inside of my elbows,, and even under arms for weaker scents.. that way I've found the scents last longer than they otherwise would.

My girlfriend applies on the same spots.. a spray each to her breasts, one on the cleavage, inner elbows.. on her neck..but she doesnt spray underarms though and I dont spray on the neck myself.

Hope that helps.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Crooks of the elbows, behind the knees, and the back of the neck.

When I get of vial of a fragrance, I transfer it to a small atomizer (if you have one) to distribute the mist evenly in a larger area. I personally apply one to the wrist and dab to the other .( I don't believe in crushing the molecules , unless you test with a mass spectrometer/gas chromographer after application) , 2 to inside of both elbows, 1 to the back of the neck, and 1 to each side of neck. It also depends on the fragrance's sillage (projection) as far as how strong a mist to apply, for me. That's just MO.

And welcome to the forum
    Last edited by silverbullet; 20th March 2008 at 03:13 PM.

Thank you all!
    I have to agree, that even though I love to be able to bring my wrist up for a sniff...my kids love to sniff my wrists too, that it washes off easily there. I'll try more chest, neck, elbows, back of knees. Oh the things you can do with perfume! thanks for the welcome too

Blog Entries

A spray in my hair seems to last the longest. Since you are using a vial, it is not quite as easy///

ooo, hair! Never thought of that one. Now, to get fragrance from vial to hair...I'll have to be a bit creative with this one. Thanks!

Well i've never thought of applying behind knees although i've seen my girl do the spray-the-hair routine sometime.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I spray onto one wrist, dab the other, dab neck and behind knees, and sometimes I spray some on my fingers and run them through my hair. The scent won't change much, but will last through most of the day.

To sternum below collar only.