Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Uplifting Perfumes

We all have moments of sadness. Sometimes the world becomes too cruel a place, sometimes people are mean, and you can't avoid feeling frustrated. But there are perfumes that have the magic quality of lifting your spirits. These perfumes remind you that there is beauty in the world.

If I had to choose only two perfumes with this quality, I would pick Acqua di Parma cologne, and Eau D'Hadrien. I think that these fragrances truly express happiness. They make me feel good.

Which fragrances do you pick when you need to boost your morale?

Lucius

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 17th March 2008 at 12:42 AM.

Default Re: Uplifting Perfumes

Creed GIT works like that for me, also belive it or not Tommy Bahama Set Sail

We dont have much fancy stuff here in this part of SC.

Hank

Florals get me happy. Tubereuse by L'Artisan is a good tonic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    If I had to choose only two perfumes with this quality, I would pick Acqua di Parma cologne, and .........
    Funny you should say that.

When I got home tonight, I put on Acqua di Parma Colonia for that exact reason!

Czech & Speake No. 88 has a melancholy feel to me. Colonia has a similar rose note but has the opposite effect and lightens my mood.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Acqua di Parma Colonia: Both are great but this classic always puts a smile on my face!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    We all have moments of sadness. Sometimes the world becomes too cruel a place, sometimes people are mean, and you can't avoid feeling frustrated. But there are perfumes that have the magic quality of lifting your spirits. These perfumes remind you that there is beauty in the world.

If I had to choose only two perfumes with this quality, I would pick Acqua di Parma cologne, and Eau D'Hadrien. I think that these fragrances truly express happiness. They make me feel good.

Which fragrances do you pick when you need to boost your morale?

Lucius

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, and before I even opened it, my first thought was Aqua di Parma Colonia.

My choice might actually anger others, but I find A*Men to be rather uplifting, particularly during the very snowy winter we had here.

AdP Colonia, Neroli Sauvage, and SMN Colonia Russa raise the spirits as well. There's something about a sparkling citrus that always puts a smile on my face.
    You are not your perfume.

post disappeared
    Last edited by pluran; 30th April 2008 at 04:35 AM.

The moment I read the title of the thread, I was thinking AdP Colonia as well!!

There's nothing like a good spray of AdP Colonia after a good shower.

The Dreamer, Opium Eau d' Orient, Egoiste.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Creed-Millesime Imperial

2nd choice: Friends Moschino/for an uplifting "orange-y" burst.

1st choice: Monsieur Balmain. Impossible to be in a "funk" when I smell this. Makes me do the "happy dance."

Eau d'Orange Verte will never fail to pick me up - its zingy and zestful nature awakens the senses that may have been clouded by depression or excessive alcohol consumption!
    Also, Carthusia Uomo is a blast of fragrant accords that literally blossom on the skin. A perfect pic-me-up from the Mediterranean Isles
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 17th March 2008 at 06:35 AM.

Cool Re: Uplifting Perfumes

Himalaya
    Habit Rouge

And one more for the road,

Guerlian Vetiver

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Guerlain's Herba Fresca. This is the brightest, most cheerful (cheering) fragrance. It's perfect for those grey overcast skies when the clouds seem so low that you instinctively duck your head.

1 st - Davidof Cool Water - because of good memories associated with the period in my life I used it

2 nd - Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme (2004 edition).
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Guerlain Vetiver
    Salvatore Ferragamo
    YSl Opium
    ckOne

Basenotes Institution

Scents with prominent mint notes are very uplifting to me.

When I apply Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint by Comme des Garcons, my skin even tingles a little, it's so minty.

Mike, did you ever manage to sample S.T Dupont Noir?
    There's a nice shot of spearmint in the initial opening, which then subsides into a glowing ember of spice and woods.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Mike, did you ever manage to sample S.T Dupont Noir?
    There's a nice shot of spearmint in the initial opening, which then subsides into a glowing ember of spice and woods.
    No, I haven't Dmitri. I actually forgot to keep it on my 'mint' radar - thanks for the reminder!

Is this what the bottle looks like? It looks like Attitude (Armani), no? Or like Lego Cologne.

Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th March 2008 at 09:04 PM.

noir..oh wow...silky smooth black satiin...

uplifting fragrances for me would be...eau de cartier concentree, luciano soprani - Uomo, Moschino - uomo....pretty boring ha...

For me it's Mugler Cologne during the summertime (which is quite long in South Carolina! ) and Ambre Sultan during the winter (which is, strangely, also very long to a South Carolinian! )
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I love anything 'fresh' I know that sounds generic, but stuff that's very cirtusey or aquatic makes me happy! One that instantly comes to mind, is Vetiver Babylone by Armani Prive. The Bergamot and Citrus blend perfectly with the earthy patchouli to make something naturally refreshing

Creed Selection Verte is uplifting for me.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

fresh fragrances.

Aramis Ice....212 Splash......

Joop Jump....FM Outrageous!.....Un Jardin sur De nil....un Jardin en Mediterranee.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

- Czech & Speak Neroli
    - The Different Company Divine Bergamote
    - Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme
    - Mark Birley

funny thing is.. probably half of my collection makes me smile at first sniff. ones that stand out in my mind that are either too perfect or have memories associated are:
    bond 9 west side
    bond 9 central park (i love bond)
    creed erolfa and virgin island water (reminds me of latest cruise where they were my two choices)
    comme des garcons red rose
    montale soleil de capri
    the vetiver brothers: OV and mugler cologne

the more i think of it, the more in my collection i think of. quite a few make me smile and put me in a good mood.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Re: Uplifting Perfumes

Blenheim Bouquet, never fail's to get it done for me.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

ohh yeah.

bond #9 Nuits de Noho
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Dior Higher
    Eau Sauvage
    Armani Eau Pour Homme
    Lacoste Booster
    Lacoste Red

Anything citrus, green and with "white" florals--which is 80% of my 'drobe.

Menthe Moderne - DSH
    Balle match - Patricia de Nicolai
    Aromatic Lime - Montale
    Aqua Viva - Profumum

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    No, I haven't Dmitri. I actually forgot to keep it on my 'mint' radar - thanks for the reminder!

Is this what the bottle looks like? It looks like Attitude (Armani), no? Or like Lego Cologne.

Sorry Mike - just saw this now...
    Yes, thats the bottle indeed. Its dead sexy! The bottle has a similar tactile quality to Armani attitude, but its highly-faceted surface is extraordinary when it picks up the light.

The searing mint is quite fleeting, but is a great intro to the simmering warmth that later unfolds.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 19th March 2008 at 03:16 PM.

Uplifting.. hmm.. I tend to reach out for cK Be or one of my vetivers in those moments.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Happy

by Clinique, the men's version.

I know it sounds corny, but it helped me get through a difficult time. I found it very uplifting.

AdP - Colonia Assoluta

L'Artisan Ananas Fizz

For a quick spritz to "lighten my load" I usually reach for Live Jazz. Grapefruit, mint, and coriander are all elevating bursts of scent that stay "bone dry".

The most uplifting from my collection are:

Live Jazz
    Signoricci
    Outrageous
    Any light or green vetiver: Mugler Cologne, Sel d' Vetiver , Vetiveru,
    Carlo Corinto Vetiver
    Gendarme
    CdG Soda

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

No specific fragrance. All my favorites will put a smile on my face at the right moment. Sometimes I'm in the middle of class and get a whiff of my scent and out of nowhere I find myself smiling like a complete idiot. I love those moments.

And I agree, Eau d'Hadrien is very uplifting.

Biehl Parfumkunstwerke mb02 (Mark Buxton). Makes me feel quite elegant and ready to buy the world.

AG's Eau d'Hadrien happens to be my SOTD. Thanks for an uplifting thread!

I'd also agree on Aqua di Parma

I would also add a few more (of probably many):
    Hermes Terre d'Hermes
    FM Lys Mediterranee & Carnal Flower
    Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain
    SL Fleurs d' Orangier & Fleurs d'Citronnier
    Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au the vert

Depends on
    But usually I reach for flowery vetivers - Adolfo Dominguez, Creed 1947, Vetiver pour Elle Guerlain.
    Neroli and petitgrain also works

anyway, it should be clean bright and natural scent
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    L'Artisan Ananas Fizz

Good choice! .....I just got this for the same reason I had purchased Happy years ago. Only AFizz is better!

J

Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau. Yesterday, 5 minutes before I went to sleep, I sprayed 2 sprays from a good distance on my pillow. It truly smells like a "green riverside garden." The day was very tough, but for 15 minutes before I fell asleep, I was having very nice thoughts because of this fragrance. A great compliment getter too, and magnificent for hot summer days. My sotd for a couple of days to come. I need the good thoughts that this scent brings.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

My current uplifter is Sean John Unforgivable. I`ve got that one as a present from my GF - our love affair is quite short, but right now we`re on the emotional peak & that fragrance reminds me of her all day long.
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Creed Neroli sauvage,
    R&G Extra Vieille
    Guerlain Eau de Coq
    L'Occitane Neroli
    Trumper Wild Fern
    Creed Citrus Bigarrade
    Volloresi acqua di colonia
    Anything else with lots of neroli and citrus.
    Montale Lime Oud.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

CDG Vettiveru works for me

Iceberg Twice.

- Czech & Speake Neroli
    - The Different Company Divine Bergamote
    - Acqua di Parma Colonia
    - Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme

Pure sandalwood oil, one drop on each wrist. Sublime.
    Currently digging: Le Labo Rose 31 and Oud oils.

CK Truth, because the grass notes make me think about sunshine and summer. It's like I squirted on Chez Bond and went out and rolled in the grass.

Yummy and (I think) wildly underrated.

CdG 2 Man always uplifts me for some reason - must be the waxy aldehydes they use - because I find it waxy, fresh (though not "aquatic"), smoky-incense, and cedar. The freeshness keeps me from feeling too low.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 16th April 2008 at 07:09 PM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naďve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

prada pour homme

Burberry London always warms my soul a bit.

Although it has been a while and I don't own it anymore, Davidoff Good Life used to put me in a bright and cheery mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Pure sandalwood oil, one drop on each wrist. Sublime.
    Oh yeah. Sandalwood is such an enjoyable aroma - it simply smells 'spiritual' for lack of a better description (or rather, I should say, smelling it inspires a spiritual mindset within me.)

Quote Originally Posted by fred33 View Post
    prada pour homme
    I've got to agree with this. It's quite comforting and refreshing.

I also find Unforgivable and Dunhill '34 to be quite uplifting.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th April 2008 at 08:00 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Tea Rose by CB I Hate Perfume. Tea and flowers make me happy, and this smells exactly like them.
    Terre D'Hermes. The grapefruit picks me right up.
    Last edited by strifeknot; 27th April 2008 at 04:09 AM.

You guys are going to laugh at this, but beautyhabit has this perfume called Smiley and it's suppose to to uplifting and marketed with this not and that note to take the blues away. A joke of marketing IMO, but the funny thing is I think fresh citrus lovers will like this one. I know I do.

Post Re: Uplifting Perfumes

Probably the least likely suspect, and that would be: Eau D'Orange Verte. Such a fizzy, bubbly, scent it always put a smile on my face. I also just got a sample of Smiley, with a Beauty Habit order. I haven't tried it yet, don't know much about this frag. I guess I will find out huh!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Probably the least likely suspect, and that would be: Eau D'Orange Verte. Such a fizzy, bubbly, scent it always put a smile on my face. I also just got a sample of Smiley, with a Beauty Habit order. I haven't tried it yet, don't know much about this frag. I guess I will find out huh!
    Please get back on Smiley . I'm wearing right now. I've been doing some yard work and I've actually been enjoying Smiley today.