Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrances for working/studying?

Which fragrance if any, aids you in keeping alert, your mind fresh, and helps you concentrate either at work or during study? (male or female scent)

Am just curious, as I suffer now and then from fatigue in the mornings and mid afternoon, and find concentration impossible!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fragrances for working/studying?

There was a thread yesterday on the men's forum regarding "Uplifting Fragrances" that may apply to your question:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207489

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go have a butchers.... cheers.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Actually goldiloks, I have discussed this question once when talking with friends.

I found that Bvlgari Blv helped me (either physically or psychologically) stay alert whilst studying some years ago. If I had to pull an all-nighter, I found the crisp and sharp ginger accords kept my mind active more than any of the other scents I wore.
    To this day, when I sit down to work on a book that Im writing, I often pick up an old 10ml BLV travel-spray I have knocking around here to simply sniff at. There is probably only 1 or 2 mls left inside, but I still find it serves its purpose (psychologically or otherwise).

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes

I find that Ungaro 3 is good, because it has a soothing quality, and you can take a break once in a while and appreciate it.

I wear Bond No.9 Bleecker Street when I take exams lol, it brings me luck!
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Hi! Citrus scents are uplifting (generally:bounce while rosemary helps with alertness and memory. My particular poison perfume is Arcana Soap's Alhambra with a strong rosemary and honeyed bee's wax scent. I sniff it straight out of the bottle when I start to fade. I also use rosemary and sweet orange essential oils in a burner, lasts longer if you use with wax (ends of tealights, or break a new one in) instead of water in the burner. Have you seen the USB oil burner?

I hate to say this because you probably know it, but sleeping more helps. 15-20 min mid-day naps or quiet time also help. If your fatigue continues you should consider a thyroid test for your T3 and T4 levels (so Terminator but it's not that)

Good luck!

When I'm tired during a study session, I actually take a bottle of my boyfriend's cologne (he wears, varyingly, Cool Water, Acqua di Gio, and Mexx Waterlove, depending on his mood) and sniff it. Wakes me right up... if you know what I mean. When he finished with his Waterlove, there was still a spray or two left at the bottom, and he left me the bottle. The scent still lingers, so he doesn't even have to BE there if I want to have a refresher course in his scent....

Personally, I need sombre fragrances when studying. Anything beautiful, refreshing or uplifting will just distract me from my work, and inspire me to do something more fun and pleasant (like procrastinate!) instead of the dull, dreary task in front of me.

I wear Roger & Gallet's Ginger water when studying. But if I have to give a presentation, I like to wear Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea to sooth my nerves and make me more optimistic about the daunting task ahead. It's also refreshing, which has saved me on many occasions where I am sleep deprived from staying up till late in order to complete the powerpoint slides.

I read that slightly floral scents are stimulating for the mind when you're trying to study and learn something. And I think bright citrus notes would be good too.
    For studying, you don't want lavender or something that's relaxing too much.
    RM