Code of Conduct

Default Discontinued Fragrances

I'm a big fan of discontinued fragrances. I continue to troll e-bay for purchases. I hope the day may come when those great chypre woody fragrances will come back. Love the old version of Gucci Pour Homme. Anybody here have any favorites?

Default Re: Discontinued Fragrances

Everybody says that Patou pour homme is sublime, but I've never tried it. I'm planning to buy a sample.

Yes, Patou Pour Homme is indeed sublime. Coincidentally, I was just wearing it today. I got a 2.5 ml decant from The Perfumed Court.

Oh, why did they have to discontinue M7? I should stock up before the remaining bottles still in circulation dry up.

I nearly forgot to mention Givenchy's Insense as well. A rare decent mass-market floral for men.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 18th March 2008 at 03:38 AM.

Several years ago I wore Versus/Versace almost exclusively. I'm bummed that it's been discontinued. The bottles of Versus I have purchased from etailers smell "old", as in "gone bad." It takes several minutes for the alcohol smell to burn off, then I am left with something that smells only a bit like what it used to smell like.

Maybe the bottles have just been sitting around in warehouses too long...

versus was a great cologne!

im currently sad about the discontinuation of arrogance

Have they really discontinued M7??? They still have plenty of bottles of it here in Oslo.

Just got a mini 5 ml bottle of the discontinued Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci (highly praised by Scentemental) - an ebay order. Thought I'd check it out while there are some bottles still out there that people are selling.

I have a bottle of older Gucci Pour Homme

Yeah, Versus was a great scent!

I miss both Yohji Yamamoto men fragrances, Givenchy Greenergy & Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz.
    Oh, and, of course, Biotherm Aqua-Fitness!
    Last edited by MrPowers; 18th March 2008 at 05:46 AM.
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

DK Men (Fuel).

I think Patou is the worst discontinuation, even though many contemporary perfume wearers would probably indeed reject it. But for anyone who loves the rich French style, it's heaven.

R de Capucci - though still available on the web, luckily.
    Vendetta by Valentino - a personal favorite, would be marketed as a niche or "private line" scent today, that's how good this is.
    Desprez Versailles - both the EdC and EdT are fabulous.
    Clive Christian deserves multiple whippings for killing of Crown Perfumery gems such as Sandringham, Town&Country, Eau de Quinine...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

There are so many of them that I like:
    Nemo
    Coriolan
    Yohji
    Rush
    Ungaro III in older packaging, and previous Ungaros
    B*Men
    Versace Man
    Minotaure

Davidoff Relax

Blog Entries

Jil Sander Feeling Man. One of the few scents I've ever really liked and that worked very well for me.
    Last edited by Hoos; 18th March 2008 at 04:28 PM.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

while I agree on eau de quinine (amazing stuff) I think most of the crown stuff was so dated that it couldn't possibly go on selling... another good offering from them in rousse

Dunhill's Blend 30

I easily survived the discontinuation of Diesel Zero Plus; I felt the sorrow because of Ungaro I, Ungaro II, Nemo and Minotaure; But I'm more worried because I won't be able to find/smell/enjoy in Derby, Cuiron and Havana in the future. The discontinuation of these fragrances is nothing but the sin.
    M7 is going to be discontinued? Never heard. I doubt it.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I really can't understand why Comptoir de Sud pacifique had discontinued Rizieres, that is in my opinion one of the most original and positively strange male scent (or unisex...) I've ever known.
    I am italian. What about you? Do you like that perfume?
    Besides rice, mint and yuzu, what are the notes that dominates in that scent?
    Thank you.
    F.

First of all, welcome to Basenotes, Parma1962.
    In general, I like CSP's scents although I have, at the moment, just one their scent (Aqua Motu). I gave to my sister for her last birthday Aloha Tiare which is one of my favourite female scents.
    However, besides notes yo've already mentioned Rizieres has notes of jasmin, geranium and patchouli. I remember that scent quite well.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Tailoring for Men. I wish Clinique would bring it back as "Happy Fresh" or something like that.

It was Awesome.

Still lamenting the demise of Love Potion No. 9 for Men... (and apparently I cant say it enough!)

Sur la Plage

DK Men Fuel and Unleaded

Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green
    Bowling Green

Coriolan De Guerlain. What A Shame!!!!!!

I was just about ready to kill for a bottle of Polo Crest. Thankfully, I received an email from an unlikely source. As it turns out, a basenotes icon directed me to a source where I could procure me a bottle. Who is this basenotes legend? None other than the famous Naed_Nitram. Yes, thats right. Apparently he and the Baron de Charlus felt sympathy for my ravaging woes at the discontinuation of Polo Crest and decided to grace me with one last dance in the sun with an old friend!

my saddest list:

YSL Jazz Prestige
    YSL Nu
    Ricci Club
    Ungaro II
    Horizon -Guy Laroche
    Minotaure - Paloma Picasso
    Tentasion - Paloma Picasso
    Gucci Rush ph
    Insense - Givenchy
    Organza Indecense - Givenchy
    Jil Sander Man
    Anthrasite - Jacomo
    Laura Ashley No.1
    Relax - Davidoff
    Last edited by tariq; 19th March 2008 at 10:10 AM.

Colours by Alexander Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I was just about ready to kill for a bottle of Polo Crest. Thankfully, I received an email from an unlikely source. As it turns out, a basenotes icon directed me to a source where I could procure me a bottle. Who is this basenotes legend? None other than the famous Naed_Nitram. Yes, thats right. Apparently he and the Baron de Charlus felt sympathy for my ravaging woes at the discontinuation of Polo Crest and decided to grace me with one last dance in the sun with an old friend!
    And when that bottle runs out, be sure to check out the original Chevignon! I've been dancing in the sun with it for a few months now and the steps and moves are the same as Polo Crest!

I regret that I`ve missed the last bottle of Polo Crest in Dusseldorf Airport that winter...
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Monsieur Carven
    Monsieur Rochas
    Balmain Ebené
    Paco Rabanne Ténéré
    Nicole Miller for Men
    Tuscany per Uomo Forté

Versus was a long time favorite of mine. I was constantly being told by others that they loved the smell. Jil Sander Men is another favorite of mine.