Code of Conduct

Smile Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme vs Bulgari Aqva Marine

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. i'm trying to decide which one i should get, and i just wanted to know what you guys think of these two fragrances? i really like both, but wanna know which one other people think is better? i feel that they both smell similar, kinda, lol

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme vs Bulgari Aqva Marine

I own and love Bulgari Aqua. I think it is one of the best aquatics on the market.

I found Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Homme to be one of the most blandest, non-descript fragrances I have ever encountered. I was extremely disappointed with this release. Now Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour Femme is a whole different story. I find this to be a stunning and uplifting fragrance - and can certainly be worn by both men and women.

Don't buy Dolce Gabbana, Bulgari is better by any means.

Wait people, you guys are talking about the original Aqua. Topicstarter is asking about Aqua Marine, which is *nothing* like the orginal Aqua.

If you like both equally, you could say that you will buy the Aqua Marine because at least in Europe D&G Light Blue is in all the 'top 10' scents of the stores.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 18th March 2008 at 12:22 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Wait people, you guys are talking about the original Aqua. Topicstarter is asking about Aqua Marine, which is *nothing* like the orginal Aqua.
    You're right Stereotomy - my bad.

I sampled Aqua Marine and liked it. But since I already own Aqua, I did not feel compelled to buy it. But I would definitley choose Aqua Marine over DG Light Blue PH any day.

I really like Bvlgari Aqva Marine and can't wait to use it in the summer.

Haven`t tried the Aqua Marine yet but agree with others that D & G Light Blue For Men is not a great fragrance.I tried this last year & lasted about 1 hour on my skin.

No question, Aqua Marine is way better. It's not a big word, being Light Blue PH so bland.
    But Aqua Marine in itself would stand for itself.

Maybe it sounds weird: I have Light Blue pour Homme in my wardrobe but I suggest you to buy Aqva Marine. I have a good excuse for buying Light Blue pour Homme. Actually, it was a blind buy... I love female Light Blue very much... and I thought... you know...
    A small digression: I like Bvlgari Aqva much more than Aqva Marine.
    Last edited by peevish_yolk; 18th March 2008 at 03:29 PM.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I own Bulgari Aqua & Bulgari Aqua Marine. Both are superior smelling to D&G Light Blue pour homme. Though, on me, the Aqua Marine does seriously lack longevity. Both of the Bulgari frags contain posidonia, to varying degrees, which keep them unique from other aquatics. Nothing about D&G Light Blue pour homme is individualistic. I found D&G Light Blue pour homme to be generic smelling and bland, bland, bland. A bore.

I`ve got the same question before I`ve tried em both.
    And my answer is...
    Categorically AQVA Marine. It`s quite distinctive unlike D&G. This fragrance is much better & deeper than Light Blue.
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

You should get the original Pour Homme version of both. They're incredible and I have and love them both. But if you must choose between the newer versions, definitely go with Aqva Marine.

I liked Aqua Marine when I tried it on my skin.

Five days later, I'm getting a headache when I sniff the card. I didn't notice this before. Would it just be the fact that I'm sniffing a five day old piece of paper?

Oh, I never tried the D&G but if it smells similiar to the Versace Eau Fraiche, which many people around here claim it does, I'd say go for the Bulgari. I think it has more character than the D&G.
    Last edited by coffee&pizza; 19th March 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee&pizza View Post
    I liked Aqua Marine when I tried it on my skin.

Five days later, I'm getting a headache when I sniff the card. I didn't notice this before. Would it just be the fact that I'm sniffing a five day old piece of paper?

Oh, I never tried the D&G but if it smells similiar to the Versace Eau Fraiche, which many people around here claim it does, I'd say go for the Bulgari. I think it has more character than the D&G.
    Well they don't say it smells similar, but they said that it's what Light Blue PH SHOULD'VE been. Well anyway in this case, I'll take the Bulgari over the Light Blue. But to the topic starter, you should give Versace Eau Fraiche a try, it's a superior Light Blue for men in my opinion, and you can also give the woman version of Light Blue a try, believe it or not many men actually wear it and to me it smells unisex.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 19th March 2008 at 12:14 AM.

Go with the Bulgari Aqva Marine , I personally think it is a better fragrance. Also, I think it would be a step in a different direction, rather than just going with what is pushed more in the deparment stores.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

http://www.perfumecenter.com/

if you had to choose: Bulgari Aqua or Versace Eau Fraiche?

I love aqua marine , even before than bvlgari aqua
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

If I have two choose between A. Marine or DG light blue, I prefer A Marine.
    I suggest you try Blue de Chanel

Blog Entries

In my opinion, Light Blue for Men is just an average fresh fragrance.

Aqua Marine is a watered-down melony cucumber aquatic that pales in comparison to the original Aqua.

So, if I had to choose, I'd roll with Light Blue for women and just plain ol' Bulgari Aqua (original)
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Gents, this thread is three months short of three years old. I think the original poster has probably made a decision and a purchase. Probably used up said purchase a few years ago.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

D&G Light Blue is gone in an hour for sure.....Go with Bvlgari Marine !!!
    Gary