Code of Conduct

Default Sweet black tea scents?

I"m not a huge fan of green tea scents, though would be curious to try something with some black tea notes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sweet black tea scents?

That's easy. Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur. However you'll have to also like smoke, because T42 is smoky.

Thanks, I don't think I've ever tried smoky before. I'll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

T42 is the hands-down tea king for fragrances, but Bvlgari might have a couple that interest you as well. Bvlgari Soir actually popped into my head right before T42.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Scentronic above... each scent of the Bvlgari line has a different tea accord.

Bvlgari Black might be right up your alley. Heres what the nowsmellthis blog had to say:

Black was launched by Bvlgari, the Italian jewelry line, in 1998. It was created by perfumer Annick Menardo, and the fragrance notes are black tea, rosewood, bergamot, cedar, oakmoss, vanilla, amber, sandalwood, and musk.

There is a short lived citrus top note; after that, the focus is on black tea, in this case lapsang souchong, which lends a smoky, almost earthy edge to the dry woods. It is mildly spicy, with hints of burning rubber and leather, and a whisper of something like tobacco leaf. The far dry down is smoother and softer, with an almost comfort-scent blend of vanilla, musk and woods. A tinge of powder lends a velvety finish, but just enough of the smoke and rubber remains to keep it from being dull and pedestrian.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 19th March 2008 at 06:25 AM.

Thank you both, I'll check out Bvlgari, black sounds interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Also check out Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, another offering from Bvlgari. It's more focused on the tea note than Black.

Does anyone have a good reference for Bvlgari fragrances? I couldn't get into their site and I like to read about what's in the perfume.

Ok, sorry. Just checked out theperfumedcourt. I'm not sure I do well with peppery scents or fig (though I've only tried one figgy scent so can't really base it on that soley)

oo, Bvlgari Blv Notte sounds interesting...I don't see tea notes but anything with chocolate sounds nice
    Last edited by mamakat7; 19th March 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the Blv and Blv Notte! They're like some sort of weird bubble gum or something!

Bvlgari Rouge is verrrrry nice, but I didn't know if I should reccommend it because the tea is more of a rosey-type tea.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Discussions on Bulgari Black can be found here on old Basenotes threads:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=193922
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=185859

Discussion on Eau Parfumee au Thé Vert (green tea) can be found here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=172253 In addition there's a second scent named Eau Parfumee au Thé Vert Extreme.

There are also two other scents, Eau Parfumee au Thé Vert (white tea) and Eau Parfumee au Thé Rouge (red tea)

Stick with these these five scents from the Bulgari line, if you want tea prominent scents - the others in the Bulgari line are not tea oriented.

oh no! Bubble gum?!! Guess I'll just pick up a pack of bubblicious and save myself a penny if I want to smell like bubble gum LOL

I'll look at the old threads, thanks for the links. I think Black or red tea would be good...green tea does something funky on me too. I've never tried white, I'll check that out too.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Ava Luxe's Black Tea is sweet, black tea. I find it rather short-lived but for the first hour it's like inhaling the steam from a cup of milky, honeyed black tea.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

"it's like inhaling the steam from a cup of milky, honeyed black tea"

Yum! That sounds perfect, exactly what I'm looking for...it doesn't last long though? Bummer. Is it possible for one scent to be longer lasting on someone and not on the other?

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=mamakat7;1183397]"it's like inhaling the steam from a cup of milky, honeyed black tea"

Yum! That sounds perfect, exactly what I'm looking for...it doesn't last long though? Bummer. Is it possible for one scent to be longer lasting on someone and not on the other?[/quote

Hi mamakat. In answer to your question......yes. Longevity varies from person to person. I have worn Angel for years and it lasts 24 hours on my skin. My Mom thought she would like to try it and we gave her a generous spraying and in 15 minutes could smell absolutely nothing. All of the Ava Luxe scents I have tried have been fairly long lasting on my skin. My favorite tea scent is Tea for Two though. To me it smells like my great uncles tobacco barn. Not smoky in an ashtray way but a sweet, dried tobacco smell. It is worth trying. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I second Bvlgari Black... Great scent at a reasonable price that shouldn't be hard to find...

thanks tdi for your input, on scent longevity. I guess there is really just one way to know for sure. I'll have to get out my little notepad and start a list of samples I need to get next Man, I can see how this could be addicting! I think I dig sweet tabacco scents too.

Post Thanks / Like

t42 is more like cinnamon tea, is that considered black tea? I have never considered a cinnamon infusion to be tea, but that is a cultural thing i guess.

And how about yang, Silver mountain water and concerto. Are they green or black teas?
    Last edited by irish; 20th March 2008 at 06:17 AM.

I love both Tea for Two and Black!
    But, Serge Lutens' Five O'Clock Au Gingembre
    is totally worth a try too.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Yes, Tea For Two. There is no alternative.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

There's a dark black tea note in Versace's Crystal Noir.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

My favorite tea scents are Blv Black and BPAL's Dorian (White Rabbit and Alice also have milkey tea).
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Burberry London smelled very black tea to me, although i can't find black tea in the pyramid....

Did anyone mention Yin Yang on this thread, or is that too much of a green tea with some gourmand elements? I don't have it so I can' say.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulgari PH
    Bulgari Black
    Elizebeth Arden - spiced green tea (smoky, powdery...just like real tea powder)

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Black Tea by Speziali Fiorentini isn't sweet, but it's an excellent tea fragrance which you could layer with another scent for sweetness. It's very much like Bulgari Black--minus the rubber accord many of us recognize in BB. Speziali Fiorentini scents are reasonably priced, too.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Crabtree & Evelyn Naturals - Black Tea, Vetiver & Sugarcane

I 15th (or whatever) Bvlgari Black. I love it! Also like BPAL Alice, but it is very sweet! Bvlgari Blue is just weird! I have a big bottle someone gave me (I like most Bvlgari, have the white one, too, whatever it is called - Blanc maybe?) but Black is definitely my fave and there is a decided tea note. Rouge is nice, too. I thought it was sort of a Roobis smell. Jeez, I know I spelled that wrong.