Code of Conduct

Default D&G The One: a global release?

Hi y'all,

Is this supposed to be a 'global release' in that North America does NOT have to wait till August? Did I read correctly that April was slated for The One's coming out party?

As I'm heading back to Italy in April I hope to find it there along with the new Versace homme. Anyone have a release date for this?

Ciao!

Default Re: D&G The One: a global release?

According to WWD:
    "...The One for Men will be distributed to 25,000 doors globally beginning in March. One U.S. retailer will exclusively carry the scent, though at press time the store's name wasn't available. A national rollout will follow in the fall..."

I've heard that it's already in some D&G boutiques But I presume it will be limited to super exclusive retailers at first

Its in major stores here already (Scandinavia).

Ohh, have you smelt it? Something makes me want to smell it, simply because I feel it will have generic goodness about it, as does D&G The One for women, without being too common

I've not smelled it, but my wife has. She was traveling thru Copenhagen on the weekend on her way to the airport, and commented that it wasn't anything special. "A little predictable" she noted.
    Id have hoped that being the wife of a fragrance-freak she might have had something a bit more constructive to add!
    I may head to the city tomorrow and check it out myself, otherwise she will give me the rundown on Sunday when she returns.

Have any other BNers tried it yet? Isnt there another thread about this?

It seems that the Copenhagen airport always gets the new scents earlier than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo View Post
    It seems that the Copenhagen airport always gets the new scents earlier than everyone else.
    Indeed!
    Scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.tax-free.dk/ProductListin...j0R52EpyEzcu4=
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 19th March 2008 at 07:30 PM.

It's available at the Dolce and Gabbana boutique in NY. It's nice but ot's not "The One' by far.

There is a small frag shop here in MD that got it in LAST WEEK...yes...last week...and to me it smells a little weak...it is nice but for some reason it reminds me of Davidoff Silver Shadow with a more fresh opening...it is good just not Great IMO...

There are some on Ebay as well.

its available here too already.

I smelled it at Dolce in Vegas last week ... very boring, unfortunately.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Boring? Can it get more boring than Light Blue?

The commercial looked really neat and got me excited (marketing works sometimes). I'm disappointed to hear it's just another run-of-the-mill scent.

I was not impressed with the womens version AT ALL so i cant imagine the mens version being any better.
    Awesomeguy

Sur la Plage

I hate to pre-judge fragrances, but from the get go something told me I was not going to be very impressed with The One for Men.

I hope when I get to sample it I will be pleasantly surprised - but highly doubtful.

I really like it and bought a bottle...

The April 2008 issue of Details has an article on page 86 "The Best Colognes of Spring." It CLAIMS it can be found at www.saks.com. However, I have yet to find it in the stores (all Chicago area locations) or online. For the record, the sales people at Sak's at Chicago Place looked at me like I was crazy when I simply asked about it - not good IMHO.

BTW . . . The article also mentions Aqua Pour Homme Marine, Angel Men Pure Coffee, and Sycomore.