Code of Conduct

Default Monsieur Rochas?

Has anyone tried this and is it discontinued? Also anyone know where to find it cheap?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Monsieur Rochas?

It reminds me of Dove unscented soap.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

I wore this wonderful fragrance in the late 60's. The dry down did not work for me then. I could say the same for Guerlain's "Vetiver" for that time in my life. Guerlain's "Vetiver" became my signature scent about 8 years ago. I would love to try "Mr. Rochas" again. The top notes are wonderful as I remember. It is available on several web sites at a very good price.

Is it discontinued?

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE---The product now sold under the name 'Monsieur Rochas' is not the original formulation of the Original version. The newer formulation in the maroon metallic box does not even faintly resemble the first wonderful confection. The New Product is just that.

Be careful when ordering this Online since some online sites use the pictures of the Original box with the lattice work print on it but they are really selling the New stuff.

G

Hi all,

I am new in the forum and hope to stay here forever!!

Monsieur Rochas It's my favorite perfume, the Original Classic launched by Marcel Rochas in 1969 (which has a gold colour liquid), but apparently it has been discontinued...So I only found the NEW ‘Pinky’ Colour Monsieur Rochas...Anyone knows if are there still be some Original-Yellow to be found somewhere?

Since you already mentioned that Rochas is closing...Where is the NEW Pinky Monsieur Rochas manufactured?...Does anyone tested already?...

I would like to know if The Genealogy of the fragrance has changed and if smell same as the Original
    1969 Monsieur Rochas Gold Colour....

I am also interested in Eau de Rochas Pour Homme, but would like to know if this fragrance is made by the original Rochas House in France and if It's true that is similar to Dior Eau Sauvage?

Regards

Ulises A. Rodriguez, Ph,D.

The pink colored version reminds me of Bijan for Men's mossiness with more of a soap-like opening to it.

Just received some so I don't have a full review of it.

I believe I sent Slarty that sample, so I'll give my two cents as well;

It is awesome! I have only tried the pink colored version, so I can't say anything about the original. I have a backup bottle of the stuff! One of my favorite reviews on BN is a review of Monsieur Rochas: Ooops! Which I'll post for you when the directory becomes available!

It is a great, gentlemanly fougere with a nice pine overlay. It is sort of like Polo, but not blown all out of proportion with the levels turned up to 11.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thanks for your fast answers!!

I just find in Osmoz a full description of the fragrance:

http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...RFUM&LANGUE=en

However I am A little confused, and I do not know if this is a description of the NEW-PINKY or the ORIGINAL-GOLD fragrance...

They reviewed Monsieur Rochas but with Pink Bottle and I have read everywhere that the fragrance do not smell same as the Original...Does Someone have compared them?

Maybe Rochas has sold the formula to another perfumer house, to sell the fragrance more cheaply?

As I mentioned before, I have been using Dior Eau Sauvage but would like start using Eau de Rochas Pour Homme, however would like to know if this fragrance is similar to Eau Sauvage and if is made by the original Rochas House in France.

Thanks again for all your help!!
    Last edited by Ulises Rodriguez; 18th March 2008 at 01:09 PM.

The two Brothers Rochas may both command the title 'Monsieur' but they are definitely not twins. The Golden Elixir is very far away from the Pomegranate Pink Usurper of the title. It is hard to hear mention of the Original, only to be reminded that it is almost lost to History.

Those with far too much cash and not enough sense may want to be drawn to the extortionate price of this fabulous Original juice here;

http://www.perfumewarehouse.co.uk/in...cmbprice_sort=

Personally I wouldn't lash that kind of cash for it but it is a nice testament to the quality of this particular Spritz that it can hold people to such a high ransom...

G

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I believe I sent Slarty that sample, so I'll give my two cents as well;
    Yep and I thank you for it

Thanks for all your reply and for the www.perfumewarehouse.co.uk link!!

But I really find that the price of £195.45 (US$387.50) is very high and really prefer to invest so much money in 10-15 fragrances of different brands!

Are there Any Similar fragrances as Original 1969 Monsieur Rochas Gold Colour?

What would be the closest thing to a substitute for it?

Would greatly appreciate any sugestion please.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Last edited by Ulises Rodriguez; 20th March 2008 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulises Rodriguez View Post
    Thanks for all your reply and for the www.perfumewarehouse.co.uk link!!

But I really find that the price of £195.45 (US$387.50) is very high and really prefer to invest so much money in 10-15 fragrances of different brands!

Are there Any Similar fragrances as Original 1969 Monsieur Rochas Gold Colour?...Would greatly appreciate any sugestion please.

Thanks again for all your help!
    You can find it on ebay, I found a vintage bottle on ebay for $60-70 but on trying the fragrance I didn't like it and sold it back on ebay for around the same price.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!