Code of Conduct

Default Beaute Prestige International gets new US president (a former P&G guy)

On March 25th, Beaute Prestige International's US subsidiary is getting a new president: Nicholas Munafo, who jumped to the Shiseido subsidiary from P&G Prestige Beaute. (Louis Desazars, the old BPI USA president, was promoted to Shiseido's NARS Cosmetics division.)

From the looks of the press release, it seems like this guy knows the hyper-critical US market very well. Under his regime at P&G, he brought a rising "tide" of growth to P&G's fragrance brands, "gain"ing new licenses and adding plenty of "joy" and a "zest" for life to the fast-growing division.

And I expect him to do wonders at BPI as well... there's a lot of untapped growth potential in BPI's brands, particularly in the Narciso Rodriguez and John Varvatos brands. Getting into the Sephora/JCPenney ministores would be a good start (unlike the full Sephora stores, BPI's brands aren't carried in there yet), and increasing distribution of Narciso Rodriguez in existing BPI doors would help, too. Oh, and I've heard rumors of the thawing of the long-standing cold war between BPI and Von Maur (from what I heard, their previous fragrance buyer refused to do business with them)... maybe his ties from the P&G days could seal the deal.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 20th March 2008 at 01:51 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."