Code of Conduct

Default Can someone take me through Sung Homme?

It's not in local stores, but it sounds like something I'd like. I can get it online cheap, but I really don't want to bother if I'm going to hate it or if it's going to be redundant. I don't like soapy fragrances, and some have said this is soapy. If it starts soapy, that's fine, so long as it doesn't stay for more than about half an hour. I've got Francesco Smalto and Pino Silvestre, so if it's very similar to those, then I won't bother. I'd also like to know how it progresses - what notes dominate and for how long. I can also get Fendi Uomo or Trussardi Uomo for about the same price, so if anyone wants to compare these 3, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Can someone take me through Sung Homme?

It's nothing like Fendi Uomo, Pino Silvestre or Trussardi Uomo (never smelled the Smalto one). It's a very potent citrus, oakmoss, chypre scent. It is very strong and a sillage monster.

One spray on my arm was enough to hook me on this one. But I am reluctant to recommend it to anybody, as so many people have been unhappy with it in blind buys - perhaps because it's plainly not akin to the less obtrusive styles of scent that are popular nowadays, or perhaps they just don't like it.

I don't know what "soapy" means in the context of scents, even though I've owned quite a few that others here have described as soapy.

I treat Sung Homme as my assault scent. I wear it to the office when I know I may be having a verbal confrontation. It plainly says "I'm unambiguously here" by expanding my personal space with its aura.
    Renato.

I'm with Renato in that Sung Homme is not real similar to the others you've mentioned. Sung Homme is a pretty 'loud' scent, but there are others from the 70s/80s that are even more full-throttle (e.g,, One Man Show). The distinguishing feature of Sung Homme for me is the protracted, bewitching, spicy drydown. While Cardin's Pour Monsieur, Paco Rabanne's Pour Homme, Halston Z14, and Sung Homme are all of a general type and era, it is Sung Homme that stands out (for me) due to its spiciness.

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
    The distinguishing feature of Sung Homme for me is the protracted, bewitching, spicy drydown.
    I'm in full agreement. But one of life's mysteries for me is why so few people are as bewitched by it as you and I are. I remember that for a month after I first got it, no matter what I was wearing, I'd spray some Sung Homme on the back of my hand and keep sniffing it the rest of the day. I can't remember doing that with any other scent.
    Renato

An ex-GF bought that for me back in 1992 and I wore it occasionally to please her. However, that is some of the strongest juice ever. One spray and I seemingly left a trail behind me for miles.

Is Sung Homme like KL Lagerfeld ? Sounds like it doesn't have that heavy ambery quality that KL has.

nothing like KL or the others you mentioned and the boys above mentioned ..
    Its strong nice sweet & spicy and I recomend it ..... can't go wrong at the price really !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43