Code of Conduct

Default My First Compliment As A Collector

Hi all, as an eager but very new collector I was super excited to get my first compliment this weekend. I've been collecting for about two months now and have around 20 colognes. I would of thought Le Male would have taken the first time spot but in this case it was Joop Homme!! Possibly not the most respected juice but I love it and it will remain always in my heart as my first.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My First Compliment As A Collector

My 1st was Preferred Stock in 94..
    Joop is wildly popular still this day and age..
    Good for you- just don't overspray..

Congrats on the compliment!
    Joop is good stuff.
    I think my first was Kenneth Cole Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie K View Post
    Hi all, as an eager but very new collector I was super excited to get my first compliment this weekend. I've been collecting for about two months now and have around 20 colognes. I would of thought Le Male would have taken the first time spot but in this case it was Joop Homme!! Possibly not the most respected juice but I love it and it will remain always in my heart as my first.
    Congrats on the compliment. It's always nice to get the first one. Hopefully many more will follow!

(3970)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

My compliments on your compliment.

Joop is an oldy but a goodie. My girl said she was shopping last week and complimented a guy on his scent and proceeded to ask him what it was. Joop it was.

20 in two months is kind of fast especially if you're starting out. Your tastes and preferences will gradually begin to change and develop within about a year. I gave away my original collection and then began only "collecting" the ones I really liked and wanted. Congrats on your first compliment, there will be many more to come.

Hey Man congrats on that, believe me there are many more to come sounds like your doing awesome so far, it may even lead you to a couple uh hum "fun" situations

Congrats for the compliment.

My first fragrance compliment I can remember occurred when I owned some fragrances, but had no idea I will eventually become a collector and not even for a proper fragrance- Axe Inca/Aztec body spray. While I know that this doesn't count as a fragrance compliment and it's only Axe, some of their discontinued releases were actually good.

My first compliment for a "proper" fragrance was somewhere in between owning Salvador Dali PH and Chevignon Brand for Men for the first time each (and most likely, because of either of the two).

Not really a collector, but one fragrance I consistently received compliments on was Gucci Envy. I've grown out of it now, but I will always remember how popular it was with ladies.

Congrats. I believe my first compliment came from Lauder for Men years ago.