Code of Conduct

Exclamation Juliette Has a Gun

This house, which seems to be devoted to creating rose scents, has recently got some interest from me I was wondering if anyone could describe the fragrances, and give me your opinions on them I'd also like to know if you think either of their two releases could be worn by a man Thanks!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Juliette Has a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    This house, which seems to be devoted to creating rose scents, has recently got some interest from me I was wondering if anyone could describe the fragrances, and give me your opinions on them I'd also like to know if you think either of their two releases could be worn by a man Thanks!
    I only tried Lady Vengeance. I was not impressed - I think I expected a much more darker take on rose, from the hype (Francis Kukdjian is the perfumer...the titles are Shakespearian themed...the owner of the JHAG line is the grandson of Nina Ricci...blah, blah, blah) but the rose note was inoffensive, and a little boring. I remember distinctly NOT liking the drydown.

Vivek, you have (I'm sure) already been exposed to more than a handful of rose scents that are much more superior than LV. No. 88, Rose 31, Domenico Caraceni, Black Aoud...to name a few.

If someone gave me a bottle of LV I'd wear it. It could easily be worn by a man (kind of like Kelly Caleche by Hermes can). But, IMO, your $ would be better spent elsewhere.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd March 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Hi vivek: Nice to hear about this house. I recently got two samples of their fragancies. I don't think any of them could be worn by a man. They are too femenine, one smells like a teen and the other like a femme fatal.
    I have full reviewed them in my blog, if you can read Spanish... use the link in the signature.
    Best regards, Xiko Perfumista

My feelings about Lady Vengeance
    reflect my love for Agent Provocateur.
    The two are incredibly similar in my opinion,
    with Lady Vengeance less spicy and
    perhaps a little more wearable.

Miss Charming is lighter and brighter and
    younger too. She's soft and pink and cheerful.

Both have decent lasting power.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I have been testing Lady Vengeance today and I like the creamy rose/vanilla drydown very much, it definitely suits my chemistry. I have seen it described in reviews as being similar to Agent Provocateur. Fortunately for me it does not have the strong 'Ponds Cold Cream' note (!) that puts me right off AP! I can send you a partial sample if you like as I ordered two from Luckyscent. PM me with your address and you can try Lady Vengeance for yourself. I can also send you a partial sample of Roses Musk by Montale if you haven't tried it already which is completely different and, I think, very wearable by a man.

chaelaran1008, thankyou very much! Agent, Agent Provocateur, I have not smelt, but I can think of it as a fragrance that I would like, so I look forward to trying that out the next time i'm in town (tomorrow, lol!) Baila, i've just put your review through google translator, and its understandable, i'll give it a read later

And thanks for the info Mike, I was looking for something offensive, and outward, moreso than 31, 88 and DC, along the lines of Black Aoud, but with more of a dark side, I hope I do get that, but i'm sort of thinking I won't

At first, I thought Lady Vengeance was spectacular! But, having tested it for 2 days, have changed my mind. On my skin, there was no evolution of notes whatsoever. The rose, patchouli and (I think it was) vanilla came on with a strength that never wavered. LV never softened, muted, evolved or changed in any way. It really wore me down. After a few hours, I regretted wearing it. It began to annoy me. Who knows, maybe it was my own personal chemistry and taste...at any rate, I would still recommend sampling this one.
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 24th March 2008 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    On my skin, there was no evolution of notes whatsoever.
    I read an interview with Romano Ricci in which he stated that for lack of top&heart notes LV was highly linear and that he intended it as such. Unfortunately the interview is in Dutch so it's probably pointless but here's the link: http://www.skins.nl/pers/juliette%20...gun/stars.html

Wink Re: Juliette Has a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    I read an interview with Romano Ricci in which he stated that for lack of top&heart notes LV was highly linear and that he intended it as such. Unfortunately the interview is in Dutch so it's probably pointless but here's the link: http://www.skins.nl/pers/juliette%20...gun/stars.html
    Well then, I guess he succeeded! I never knew that, thanks for sharing!!!

I own Lady Vengeance and I enjoy wearing it. I like that it is linear because it gives me exactly what I want ( Rose and Patchouli) for a very long time. This frag lasts forever on me. It instantly reminded me of AP the first time I tried it but not with the spicey kick. Miss Charming is sweeter and not nearly as interesting in my opinion.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    And thanks for the info Mike, I was looking for something offensive, and outward, moreso than 31, 88 and DC, along the lines of Black Aoud, but with more of a dark side, I hope I do get that, but i'm sort of thinking I won't
    Sounds like you need to sample A.maze by People of the Labyrinths.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac