Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best sweet/fruity scents for summer?

nothing niche please, thanks.

Default Re: Best sweet/fruity scents for summer?

It is a very simple decision . You should buy Hermes, Le Jardin. Mediterranee or Le Nil . Very tropical, very fruity, quite sweet. The notes (fig and mango respectively) are natural and convincing, although created with artificial ingredients.

Buy them at www.1stperfume.com , or at www.fragrancenet.com (use coupon V275A to get a 15% discount)

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 22nd March 2008 at 09:20 PM.

i dont have a credit card. Im not really crazy about hermes, and never heard about the other three but ill check them out if i ever get a chance.

You could always try the new CdG 8 88. It's fruity and floral in a non sex specific way.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Xclusive,

I suggested two perfumes for you:

Hermes Un Jardin sur le nil
    Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee

The first has a powerful mango note. I am from Brazil and I know what a mango smells like. It is convincing. The second one smells like fig and fig leaves.

I ask you to please use your dad's ou mum's credit card. If you buy the perfumes online, you can get them for half the usual price.

i though you meant terre d hermes and 3 others haha. i know but thats not going to happen, because they have issues with me already having 13 bottles. i can get a credit card elsewhere but im not really big on blind buying, which is why im looking for stuff you get get at sephora/perfumania or other perfume stores.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    i dont have a credit card. Im not really crazy about hermes, and never heard about the other three but ill check them out if i ever get a chance.
    Both those online stores have telephone contact/email contact methods. Call/email and see if they will take a check or money order if you dont have a credit card or PayPal account.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Basenotes Institution

i though you meant terre d hermes and 3 others haha. i know but thats not going to happen, because they have issues with me already having 13 bottles. i can get a credit card elsewhere but im not really big on blind buying, which is why im looking for stuff you get get at sephora/perfumania or other perfume stores.
    I think Sephora stocks Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil and Un Jardin Mediteranee - but you're going to have to walk over to the women's fragrance section to find it.

Other suggestions: Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma, Happy for Men by Clinique, Cannabis Santal by Fresh or Imperiale by Guerlain - all are stocked by the Sephora here in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think Sephora stocks Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil and Un Jardin Mediteranee - but you're going to have to walk over to the women's fragrance section to find it.
    Yes, and IMO they are on the Women's side for a reason. A little too feminine for my tastes.

If you're looking for something sweet/fruity for Summer that you can buy in the stores, then I would suggest Candie's for Men. It gets slammed here on Basenotes, but it's nothing if it's not sweet/fruity. You should also try some of the CK One Summer versions, I have every one of them except for 08 and they fit your description very well, with each maintaining differences from the others.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

If you're brave enough (or a huge fan of diddy), I would check out Unforgivable. The multi-platinum is better to my nose but you be the judge. Of course there's always MI but that's sorta niche.

Try Joop! Jump. Fruity, sweet coconut
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I've always hated the original Cool Water, but Cool Water Game's an awesome fruity scent, and I'm thinking of getting the Cool Water Game Happy Summer version.

Blog Entries

L'eau Par Kenzo. It's citrus, aquatic, and then it dries down to be fresh and sweet. Not overly sweet. Paris Hilton Heir fits the same mold with a bit less character than L'eau Par Kenzo. Also, Diesel Fuel For Life is light enough to be pulled off for summer.

Live Jazz is sweet and sorta fruity.

The first one that came to my mind is Imperial Jade Emperor from Agatha Brown.

Cool Re: Best sweet/fruity scents for summer?

Quasar----It's half insane; bananas and newspaper print, but it works.
    Mont Blanc Individuel-------Some compare it to Joop, but even if it were so, it's a vast improvement
    MI?--Of course . . .

In the heavyweigjht categories are
    Havana by Aramis and Nicole Miller for Men by NM, both sadly discontinued but great concoctions, just spritz lightly in the summer heat.

An incredible cheapo and niche scent is Homme Nature by Yves Rocher. Unusual apple/ fruit accord, very light.

Or you could just walk into a dept store and buy the overhyped and much maligned John Varvatos.
    It works, too.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Diesel Fuel for Life
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Blog Entries

Most of my suggestions have already been posted, but I will second them.

Clinique Happy For Men, Sean John Unforgivable, Aramis Havana (applied lightly), and CK Euphoria are going to be my main fragrances during this warmer weather, along with Kouros and Romance Silver in the evenings.

I was also interested in Un Jardin Sur le Nil (we had a mango tree growing up and I'm a sucker for the scent) but the Hermes store in Chicago was out of samples when I called, and I'm hesitant to impose again after they sent me an otherwise very generous sample pack.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

joop jump!

if you want super sweet and yet tolerable in the summer Diesel Zero Plus.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Have you tried Carlos Santana for men? It is a long-lasting cologne, great for Summer evenings, that manages to keep a candied-apple smell from becoming "girly."

i'll try some of these tomorrow, i should cut back on the citrus though because about half of what i have is that. what you guys thanks think of paris hilton just me, escada sunset heat/moon sparkle, 212 men, issey miyake, and dior homme? i'd probelly pick up two of these tomorrow (all are on my "to get soon list") and the reviews are down thanksz for all the suggestion btw. ill post on follow up on what i sampled if anyone cares
    Last edited by xclusive; 23rd March 2008 at 05:04 AM.

i'll try some of these tomorrow, i should cut back on the citrus though because about half of what i have is that. what you guys thanks think of paris hilton just me, escada sunset heat/moon sparkle, 212 men, issey miyake, and dior homme? i'd probelly pick up two of these tomorrow (all are on my "to get soon list") and the reviews are down thanksz for all the suggestion btw. ill post on follow up on what i sampled if anyone cares
    if you go with 212 i'll recomend 212 splash..a bit fresher version of 212 and might be what you need.....

i have paris hilton just me....its ehhhh.

issey miyake smells much better to others than myself.

if you go with Escada....i'd take Magnetism instead of Moon Sparkle.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

i have magnetism, my favorite ;P iono ima see what they have and post back what i brought. how long does just me last?

i have magnetism, my favorite ;P iono ima see what they have and post back what i brought. how long does just me last?
    not long at all....and the smell is basically very cheap...

try Joop Jump!...you'll be able to get it for cheap....

I second these:
    Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee
    L'Eau Par Kenzo
    YSL Live Jazz

And wouuld like to add:
    Jil Sander Sun Men
    Givenchy Very Irresistible Summer

Here is a suggestion for another JOOP! fragrance:
    What About Adam.
    Fruity and summery for sure...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Here is a suggestion for another JOOP! fragrance:
    What About Adam.
    Fruity and summery for sure...
    Also as rare as hens teeth! Was trying to get my hands on this one ages ago, and just as I found it, the place I was going to buy it from had sold out
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

damnnn easter! both malls i was going to were closed! aurggg

As much as I love L'eau Par Kenzo, it's fruity in the way a Lemon is fruity. Not so much. Has a floral middle. Very good frag, but I dont think it fits your description.
    --------------------------------------
    Forgot about this one. About as sweet as you can get. Like a fruit punch drink.
    Last edited by Words; 23rd March 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

If you want fruity...try Kenneth Cole Reaction. It is available, relatively inexpensive, and it is 100% fruit without being feminine.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870