Code of Conduct

Default Are some fragrances better for clothing than skin?

I've noticed that some of my EDTs have little longevity on my skin, but do seem to last longer on clothing. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Default Re: Are some fragrances better for clothing than skin?

I have read that Kouros should be sprayed on clothing so that the top notes linger longer. In general, you do not want fragrance on clothing since it was designed in the lab to work best when interacting with your skin.

i use to only spray on my cloths but that was back when i was only using curve now if i do this the scents would "clash". escada sentiment last atleast a day on my hoodie and like an hour on my skin.

Dependent

excellent question.

I hear it said that with clothing has the edge. Often I've sprayed sports coats and found basenotes from the fragrance I sprayed it with a month ago. Our body heat radiates scents as well as our own of course and are dissapated more quickly

There are some here that get dressed and spritz a mist in the air above and walk through it. I suppose as many times as needed.

if you find some fragrances really disagree with your skin, you can spritz them on the inside of the sleeves or your sweater or shirt or whatver it is you are wearing, and around the neck are of the sweater/shirt as well, this way the fragrance will act more like it does on paper

It depends on whether your skin is oily or dry and how your chemistry reacts with the fragrance.

Edit: oily skin can harbor bacteria which can cause the fragrance to come off as rancid.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 24th March 2008 at 04:58 AM.

I find that spraying my clothes can preserve the topnotes. I really enjoy the topnotes of Ungaro III and so I will spray my chest and then my shirt to keep the topnotes alive. You must be careful as some fragrances can stain your clothes. I remember staining a white shirt with Ambre Sultan when I sprayed it by mistake.

I've noticed that an old sweatshirt I use (so that I don't have to worry about staining) smells of the amber base to the oriental, Jovan Sex Appeal, for days, but of course in a subdued way.