Code of Conduct

Default Fath's Yang vs. Chaleur d'Animale: thoughts?

I've seen excellent reviews for both of these, and I'm looking for a green frag. I don't want one with too much patchouli or sandalwood in the base. Yang sounds like it may be a bit too musky or spicy, but I already have Vetiver de Puig, so I don't want something that's too close to that (definitely don't want excess vetiver). Also, which one is closest to a fresh cut lawn smell (if either one has that quality)?

Thanks.

Default Re: Fath's Yang vs. Chaleur d'Animale: thoughts?

Yang is neither musky, nor spicy. It's mainly a black tea scent, with (at least to me) an overall light green vibe to it, if that makes any sense.

That's interesting, because I think at least two reviews (here and elsewhere) said that they could hardly detect any tea scent at all in it !

LOL well in that case, please sample it for yourself, and report back your findings. I hardly detect anything else than tea in it!

sorry, but those reviewers need to have their noses checked
    Yang is the scent that is the closest to black tea (and that includes SMW, Bvlgari Balck and Tea for Two). It is hardly a green fragrance (herbal, but not green), and it is a tad spicy but not enough to be considered an oriental frag...
    Last edited by irish; 7th April 2008 at 06:32 AM.

Agree. Yang is plain black tea. Other tea scents are either green tea, spiced up, honied, etc. I think it's very unique in that way. I've never smelled Chaleur.
    RM

Chaleur is very tart when it opens but the drydown is actually very nice and green. Yang is much sweeter in my opinion.

I just tested Chaleur this evening. Don't know if this helps but it is the twin brother to Fracas for Men. It has a nice, vibrant opening with a crisp herbal bite. Aside from that, it is a clean, fresh scent. It certainly has a soap-like quality but I wouldn't give it the usually negative moniker of "soapy".
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.