Code of Conduct

Default Ayala Moriel suggestions please

Her fragrances sound wonderful. I would like to order some samples. But there are so many and I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions of what I should try first?

Thanks

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ayala Moriel suggestions please

Hi, whisperingleaves--I like your avatar and name.

It would be helpful if Basenotes' directory and reviews were up and running, but until they are, I guess you'll have to rely on the comments at MUA. Purplebird has penned some thoughtful reviews on both sites.

Here are some BN threads:
    AM1
    AM2

I liked the AM fragrances I sampled, but was frustrated with how mild they are. That's due to their natural base, which is laudable in many respects. My favorite was the very pretty Palas Atena.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

It really depends on what you like. Have you tried doing the fragrance questionnaire on her website? (http://www.ayalamoriel.com/index.cfm...e=Consultation)

Personally I like her new(ish) Immortelle l'Amour. It strongly resembles maple syrup! Yum!

Quarry - thanks for the links. Those help. btw I have been enjoying your series of avatars.Inspiration I think for a hunt for some pictures of mine. My avatar is a picture I took on a trip to Maui two years ago, a beautiful place, even in memory.

Jilsy - I am not sure I can even imagine a maple syrup smelling perfume. Obviously a defect in my education which I must remedy. (I'd put a smile here if I could figure out how to do it) They must be on this forum someplace but I haven't found them yet.)

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingleaves View Post
    Quarry - thanks for the links. Those help. btw I have been enjoying your series of avatars.Inspiration I think for a hunt for some pictures of mine. My avatar is a picture I took on a trip to Maui two years ago, a beautiful place, even in memory.
    Thanks, whisp. I look forward to meeting your ancestors.
    BTW, have you frequented the fragrance shops at Disney World? My daughter was a cast member there for a number of years, so I have a special fondness those places.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Of those I have sampled, my favorites are Vetiver Racinettes and Kinmokusei, but I enjoy many more. She has descriptions of all of her fragrances on her website.

Quarry - I have discovered the fragrance shops at Epcot. It is somewhat overwhelming actually. I don't really know where to even begin. But I am having fun anyway.

I'm afraid we will both have to wait a bit for pictures of my ancestors, hopefully in May.

Dennard - Thanks for sharing your favorites as well. My track record for translating description to what it smells like at least on me is somewhat spotty. I'd also like to try a broader range of samples from this and other houses than I might pick on my own. I am very new to this. I am hoping there will be all sorts of things I will love and would never have thought to try.

Basenotes Institution

Please try Cimabue - many label it a 'fall/autumn' fragrance, but smell it and decide for yourself.

Welcome to Basenotes whisperingleaves.

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome. I included Cimabue in a dsh samples order I placed last night.

btw I just got my first Ava Luxe (Midnight Violet), a blind buy inspired in part by your posts. I absolutely love it!