Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Merveilles

Hi everybody,

finally I did it, I bought Eau de Merveilles, because I wamted a summer scent.

I was undecided between the Eau and the Elixir, but this last has a sugary note, also found in Flowerbomb, Angel/Amen, which I'm not interested in, so I ruled Elixir out.

The Eau is slightly salty/soapy (ambergris?), with lemon, pepper and other notes. No flowers, anyway, even if I've read on a blog that iy contains also hyacinth... I don't detect it.

It is true that this could be considered as unisex, but I don't get the story of an upside down perfume. The tangy notes for me are on the top... but who cares?

It smells nice and fleeting, the lasting power seems average, but after some hours, when I don't smell it anymore, it resurges... Strange!

Should this better evolve in the heat of the summer? Hope so, but for now it is a good, unoffensive office scent, not ordinary, so I'm rather happy of my purchase, even if I'm not blown away.

You thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, W

Default Re: Eau de Merveilles

Congratulations on your purchase. Every time I wear this...I AM blown away! I agree with you on the upside-down pyramid. I obviously get top notes and then middle notes and finally base notes just like with every other perfume. To me, this smells like your skin after you have come out of the ocean. It's salty with a little citrus suntan lotion thrown in for good measure. I am going to wear it today in honor of your purchase.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Eau de Merveilles

Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
    Should this better evolve in the heat of the summer? Hope so, but for now it is a good, unoffensive office scent, not ordinary, so I'm rather happy of my purchase, even if I'm not blown away.
    Yes.

EdM wears well all by itself and smells even better when your body temperature rises. I love wearing it when I know I'm going to be outside. I once wore it to an outdoor dance event and I got tons of compliments from guys and gals alike. It's one of those scents (like Terre de Hermes or Kingdom) that smells really good mixed with sweat.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac