Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed

Default Creed

I heard that Creed hired Michael Jackson to find the most pure ambergris for their scents and that Millesime Imperial was actually made for Jaleel White (Steve Urkel) but it got ripped off by Chandler Burr who sold it to Puff Daddy who renamed it Unforgivable and you can get it from fragrancenet but how do I know that my Green Frich Tweed is really legit if the seller had 96.947% good feedback dating back to Royal English Leather which was the very first Creed but the serial number was ground off so I think my SMW has gone bad but it was worn by David Bowie so if I can't find a decant I'll figure out who the hell Cary Grant is and find the box and cap. Alf from Melmac wears Acier Aluminum so would a 20 year old be able to pull off Bois du Portugal and where can I get samples?

:bounce:
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Creed

HAHA. Good show me lad! At first though I was like wait what the hell is going on? Steve Urkel? Michael Jackson? I got it though

is it supposed to be funny? I guess it's meant to be stupid... anywhoo. Go sleep it off. Please do not start another I adore/hate Creed thread as this only hurts BN.
    Last edited by irish; 25th March 2008 at 01:55 AM.

The point -

It's all been said!

I'm a HUGE Creed fan, and even I'm getting tired of hearing about it!

New people show up, they don't know we've already exhausted the topic of all things Creed to DEATH, and still they keep coming. People making pointless generalizations, speculations, comparisons...

I guess there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing"!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I heard that Creed hired Michael Jackson to find the most pure ambergris for their scents and that Millesime Imperial was actually made for Jaleel White (Steve Urkel) but it got ripped off by Chandler Burr who sold it to Puff Daddy who renamed it Unforgivable and you can get it from fragrancenet but how do I know that my Green Frich Tweed is really legit if the seller had 96.947% good feedback dating back to Royal English Leather which was the very first Creed but the serial number was ground off so I think my SMW has gone bad but it was worn by David Bowie so if I can't find a decant I'll figure out who the hell Cary Grant is and find the box and cap. Alf from Melmac wears Acier Aluminum so would a 20 year old be able to pull off Bois du Portugal and where can I get samples?

Very William Burroughs, indeed!

Basenotes Institution

LOL - I spit my tea I was drinking reading this.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Please do not start another I adore/hate Creed thread as this only hurts BN.
    I thought it could be simplified even further.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 25th March 2008 at 02:23 AM.

this actually was pretty funny

Winston Churchill, Cary Grant, and other Creed celebrities are rolling in their graves .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

This is why you don't use drugs kids. No but seriously, that was pretty funny. No but Creed did hire Michael Jackson for market research, he knows boys ages 7-14 very well.
    Last edited by Maz24; 25th March 2008 at 04:24 AM.

you forgot the uber mysterious Creed Cologne which appears on ebay with regularity and was first spotted way in the back of a warehouse in Mexico.

The point -

It's all been said!

I'm a HUGE Creed fan, and even I'm getting tired of hearing about it!

New people show up, they don't know we've already exhausted the topic of all things Creed to DEATH, and still they keep coming. People making pointless generalizations, speculations, comparisons...

Sometimes I begin to believe that all new people coming here were hired (or even created) by Creed to keep the theme rolling on the first Basenotes forum page forever!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The point -

You are right. Even though I do not consider Creed to be a bad house, having all this repetitive creed threads, makes Basenotes look like an amateur, imature board... There is a place here for everybody. We just need to be more organized.
    Last edited by irish; 25th March 2008 at 01:00 PM.

I think the organizing goes on in the background unless you're a supporter. Supporters well... Creeds the least of their worries.

And what about that band Creed? Has anyone played their records backwards?

Hating on the newbies? lol. They will find their way, give it time.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Blog Entries

Please don't hate us newbies!

Creed. I can't add anything to what's already been said here or elsewhere. But if it helps anyone sleep better at night, my interest in Creed has not been solely based on what I've read on Basenotes. Which is a mighty presumptuous assumption.

Creed is discussed elsewhere. There's this new thing called the internet which facilitates one performing their own research and, by using this thing called a brain, drawing their own conclusions. And there are informative, non-opinionated posts on Basenotes and in the database.

Not all newbies are sheeple or worship at the altar(s) of Basenote(rs). That being said, I'm just waiting for the Paris Hilton Mountain Spring Lipgloss frag from the HofC.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Creed is the Acqua di Gio of Basenotes.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    This is why you don't use drugs kids. No but seriously, that was pretty funny. No but Creed did hire Michael Jackson for market research, he knows boys ages 7-14 very well.
    ROFL

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post

Holy crap!! The only thing worse than all these Creed threads is Creed the band!

To someone like me who has never sniffed a Creed befor or for that matter CDG or any other niche house...the curiousity always drives one to the wall. the amazing talent of each one here gives one enuff infomation about the scent beforehand..so, i must say it gives a pretty good idea about the scent...i was so glad to know XS smells similar to himalay and tht cool water kinda smells liek GIT...these are onyl references but gives newbies like us somethign ot cling upon...i knw the topic is not about not entertaining newbies...and yes, i guess too much of creed irritating poeple who use creeds as room freshners..
    btw, luckyscent introduced me to a whole new world of niche perfumes...im curious to know about all...
    Last edited by jenson; 25th March 2008 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I think the organizing goes on in the background unless you're a supporter. Supporters well... Creeds the least of their worries.

I know but... this thread

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207873

Really? If the concensus is no, will he not open the box?

I think the newbies section is not used as it should be. The Search function is not used as it should be.

Search is one of the most powerful parts of this or probably any bulletin board. Search and studying reviews of popular scents is worth 3 or 4 times the price of being a supporter.

Some poster are just looking for attention and have nothing else to do all day.

Like me.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 25th March 2008 at 04:24 PM.

Wink Re: Creed

I just received a sample of Original Vetiver in an *original* Creed sample tube. It's my first Creed.

Yesterday I wanted to touch you guys but I suppose I can touch myself now.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

people should warn others in the title with PUI...

(posting under the influence)

cheers,
    ryan