Code of Conduct

Default What's going on at Barney's? Missing Malles?!

I received a note today that my order of a couple days ago is being canceled due to not having the fragrance I ordered in stock. Went to their website, and sure enough they have just one or two of the Malle frangrances shown. Wonder how that could be...

Bad news for me as I was really looking forward to getting my Musc Ravageur... now I will have to wait.

Anyone else have any problems with ordering anything from Barney's lately?
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Default Re: What's going on at Barney's? Missing Malles?!

i was just at barneys last week....they had everything in the malle line.......
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schachman View Post
    I received a note today that my order of a couple days ago is being canceled due to not having the fragrance I ordered in stock. Went to their website, and sure enough they have just one or two of the Malle frangrances shown. Wonder how that could be...

Bad news for me as I was really looking forward to getting my Musc Ravageur... now I will have to wait.

Anyone else have any problems with ordering anything from Barney's lately?
    I think it's just bad timing with Musc Ravageur being out of stock while their website is going under maintenance. The same thing happened with Serge Lutens and CdG today. (serge lutens isn't even listed there now...)

On a side note, I find their 3-day processing to be slightly annoying...

Basenotes Institution

All of the Malle fragrances are showing on the website now:

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/page...goryId=375858&
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I still think it was bad play on their part - they sent me an email saying that my second item was out of stock, and then sent the package with the other one without even asking (a $10 charge). The very next day, the other item I order was then magically "in stock" - and when I asked if they would send it to me, they wanted to charge me another $10 to ship it. BAD customer service in my opinion... and pity it's really the only place to order a full bottle of any Malle online in the US (as far as I know).
    Last edited by Schachman; 26th March 2008 at 10:09 PM.
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

This is certainly bad customer service and very unfair on their part! They should appologize and send you a little gift like a sample vial or discount card or something.

Call the Barney's store in NY directly. Ask for Luis, you will receive excellent customer service. Tell him Christine from Sniffapalooza Magazine sent you. (Sorry basenotes but that's how Luis know me.)
    I'll dig out Luis' direct number & post it later.
    Current Favorites: #5 edt, #19 edt & parfum - Chanel, FRACAS - Robert Piguet, A Taste of Heaven - By Killian, Apres L'Ondee- Guerlain, LUX & Carnation - Mona di Orio, Une Rose - Frederick Malle, Kiki - Vero Kern, Bois de Violette & Sarrasins - Serge Lutens

Last weekend,Barney's in Chicago had MR and the whole line.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Hot_Mama View Post
    Call the Barney's store in NY directly. Ask for Luis, you will receive excellent customer service. Tell him Christine from Sniffapalooza Magazine sent you. (Sorry basenotes but that's how Luis know me.)
    I'll dig out Luis' direct number & post it later.
    212-833-2002

I've dealt with James in the past. Agree, great customer service.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle