Code of Conduct

Thread: Cacharel Nemo

Thumbs up Cacharel Nemo

Got my hands on this "dearly departed" beauty today. I love Allure and so I thought that this was definately worth a try. I'm loving it, which is just fantastic since it's been discontinued. It's definately a close relative to Allure - perhaps the quieter, more demure older brother (I love talking about fragrances like they're people!). Hard to describe the difference, but to me Allure has somewhat of a "fizz" to it, whereas Nemo definately has all the underlying sweetness, but without smackin' you in the face each time you make a slight move - just a calmer scent I guess, in the same vein as Must de Cartier. Both will get their fair share of wearings - their will be no sibling jealousy here (again with the people thing) - just in different situations. I have to say though, after only a few hours, Nemo may just be ahead in my book - I may have to stock up on this one before it's lost forever. Any other fans of the "Y"?

Default Re: Cacharel Nemo

Well, I just received a sample (and sent it away again to another basenoter btw). I think Nemo is nice, but not that interesting, as it is another variation on the sandlewood theme.

To me, it smells very, very similar to Pal Zileri Sartoriale. Nemo is a less green, but warmer version of Gucci Envy, that thrives on the sandlewood.

Nice effort, but can't imagine this wearing this in summer with no airco in an office.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I tried it a few days ago for the first time .. love at first sniff !! ,, the sampler won't last long so I'll be fishing for a bottle .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I got totally addicted to Nemo the first times I sampled it. So I bought a bottle. Then, very oddly, I got very tired of it very quickly in much the same way I did with Pi, and didn't want to wear it for a very long time.

Allure is an ambery fougere, whereas Nemo is a spicy oriental. I've never grouped them together in my mind.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I tried it a few days ago for the first time .. love at first sniff !! ,, the sampler won't last long so I'll be fishing for a bottle .
    This was my reaction few yeasr ago. Lasr year I got a full bottle. Love it and will definitely get another one if I see it somewhere at a reasonable price. This one is much better than most other scents. Wich they would bring it back.

And the bottle is so unusual.

The best thing about Nemo is its bottle. I usually love spicy, woody, oriental scents, but I definitely can't say that I love Nemo. I have it about 4 years in my wardrobe and all I can feel about it now is the indifference. I could give to this scent any other epithet, but certainly not spectacular.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Funny thing is ...I have Lancetti pour homme....and these two are definately relatives....they smell very similar!

Basenotes Plus

addicted- I don't get the Must de Cartier comparison in that there is no anise note I can detect in Nemo. Without it, I don't think they compare.

Y yes, just received my bottle last week. I purchased it blind, based on notes taken from "reviews". Quite happy with it, for the time being anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    The best thing about Nemo is its bottle. I usually love spicy, woody, oriental scents, but I definitely can't say that I love Nemo. I have it about 4 years in my wardrobe and all I can feel about it now is the indifference. I could give to this scent any other epithet, but certainly not spectacular.
    Yo P Yolk ... Would you like to keep the bottle & swap the juice ? I have plenty you may like .. let me know .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    addicted- I don't get the Must de Cartier comparison in that there is no anise note I can detect in Nemo. Without it, I don't think they compare.
    No, no - I wasn't saying that they smelled similar, just felt similar (in that they are subtle scents).

I got my first bottle from Tero quite a ways back and he was kind enough to include a nearly full bottle of the shower gel for it. Not to put too fine a point on it but out of the fifty or sixty gels and soaps I have lying around here Nemo is by far the best I have. At times I feel like the shower gel is even better than the already warm and friendly edt so if you ever come across even a small bottle of this and you like the fragrance I can't urge you strongly enough to lay hands on it.

I have a bottle of Nemo for sale if anyone wants it.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I hate to rain on the Nemo love parade, but I was burned by this one. I was so excited to try it based on the many glowing reviews, and bought it blind. But after a very pleasant opening, the incense would completely go sour on me, to the point where I had to wash it off. The disappointment!! I hope it worked for the person who ended up with my bottle!

Nemo was the scent that finally taught me once and for all that blind buying is never a good idea, no matter how awesome the notes sound, and how good the reviews are. I mean I was 100% sure about Nemo, and my heart was broken. Now I am a cold and ruthless sampler.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Very nice scent IMO.

Seems like it's worth it for for only $35, I'm enjoying my bottle.

This is very nice IMO.....I've never owned this but have always respected this scent!!!
    Gary