Code of Conduct

Default dior homme, le male or mugler cologne?

or other ( please name ) im just looking for something i can wear during the day to school (not like i dont already have 12 bottles to chose from... :x) the reviews are down and i really dont know how to tell if something is for day or night (hell i wore armani code for months to school), thankssz. keep in mind in 17 so nothing too fancy just something good for school/summer. i literally fell in love with le male overnight, when i smelled it at the mall it almost made me wanna vomit, i washed it off but kept a card sample of it, thank god i did i have no problem using a common cologne so dont use that against it lol right now i have;

fahrenheit (love it)
    envy (ok)
    escada sentiment/mag (ok)
    dunhill fresh (vile)
    vs very sexy (love it)
    A. code (love it)
    curve (ehh)
    adg (fav)
    angel (vile)
    lolita lempicka (fav)
    versace eau f ( used to really like it, but i think its too much... flowery/baby powder if thats what im smelling)
    versace dreamer (haven't really used it much, is this a day or night cologne?)
    there's probelly more, i buy like it for a day then want something else, i miss the cheap axe days... since im broke, this would mostly likely and hopefully be my last purchase for awhile. thanks for any feedback sorry if i only make boards like this but without them i'd have no idea whats good and whats not.
    --------------------------------------
    btw, i like the new site
    Last edited by xclusive; 27th March 2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: dior homme, le male or mugler cologne?

If you fell in love with Le Male, I'd take Le Male if I were you.

Otherwise, Mugler Cologne is a real nice ordinary clean scent. Dior Homme - I would personally not do that. I think Dior Homme is not appropriate to put on when you want to hang out with your (male) buddies somewhere. But this is just a personal opinion. I think of Dior Homme as a romantic scent.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Blog Entries

Mugler Cologne has a lot of supporters, but I don't think I've smelled any of them. I'd consider The Dreamer a scent for the evening or a dressy sort of day, for what it's worth.

If I was wearing something out of my current collection full-time (or close to it) I'd probably go with something that I don't think I'd grow tired of. Polo Blue and Unforgivable would be the two that come to mind first, but I also enjoy the warm citrusy scents of Clinique Happy and CK Euphoria (I typically wear them together, Happy is the lighter of the two.)
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

out of those three Mugler cologne is perfect for school wear....

however if you want to be "the sexy smelling guy" in your school i suggest something other from Jean Paul Gaultier.......Gaultier 2. dont try the fragrance on a strip.....try it on your skin and give it a chance....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Blog Entries

considering it is almsot summertime... i'd go with mugler cologne of the three. Dior Homme is the best of these 3 by miles- but then again perhaps not for a 17 year old, and certainly not for hot summer days. But hey, if you can wear Lolita Lempicka during summer, you can probably bath in Dior Homme :-)

my ex girl used to shower in happy, i think ima stay away from that... haha what makes you think im not already the hot guy that ALSO smells good? lolll ;P i'v been wanting to smell JPG 2 but neither sephora or perfumania had it and from what i heard its mad sweet, i like sweet but i heard this is overkill.
    the dior is just classy... maybe a bit too much for me
    the JPG is everything i look for in a cologne, lasts long and can be smelled a mile away(or so according to others...)
    the mugler is just plain werid, but i like it for some reason, i remember i used to use extra irish spring soap in the morning cuz i couldnt get enuff of the smell lmaooo
    The other 2 cologne i forgot to mention was burberry touch and lacoste essentials, touch is almost done, lacoste is still full. both are iight..

btw - i'v been dying to smell creed and black aoud since this site seems to REALLY like them, is there any where in Ny that sells these? or maybe a (free) sample online?
    Last edited by xclusive; 27th March 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Of the three, Mulger would be the best suited for school & summer. Since you like Le Male so much, have you considered getting one of the summer editions? They're very similar to the regular Le Male. The only difference is that it's lighter, and there is more of an emphasis on the mint note. That might be your best option...

Blog Entries

JPG2 is at Macy's. I know that for sure. As for Creed, you'd have to hit up a Neiman Marcus or something. Montale, not sure which brick & mortar store would carry that.

does jpg2 come with 2 bottles (ladies and men same package) or can you buy whichever you want seprate? because i really dont have any need for the ladies version... i'v never seen any le male summer versions the only other le male i saw was the white bottle one. i'd probelly see if macys have it, but quite frankly i was hoping i would never have to buy something from that place again. last time i was there i got treated like i was fucking 10!

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    does jpg2 come with 2 bottles (ladies and men same package) or can you buy whichever you want seprate? because i really dont have any need for the ladies version... i'v never seen any le male summer versions the only other le male i saw was the white bottle one. i'd probelly see if macys have it, but quite frankly i was hoping i would never have to buy something from that place again. last time i was there i got treated like i was fucking 10!
    LeMale in the white bottle is called Le Fleur du Male. NOthing like Le Male. JPG2 is sickening sweet and feminine kind of like Joop Homme but much more basic. I don't like it. Stick with Mugler for everyday wear. Dior Homme may be too mature for you.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Go with Mugler of the three.

Id say go with Mugler Cologne and give Azzaro Chrome a sniff.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    does jpg2 come with 2 bottles (ladies and men same package) or can you buy whichever you want seprate? because i really dont have any need for the ladies version...
    Gaultier2 does come with 2 bottles that magnetically snap together. The juice inside them is exactly the same (the scent is marketed to both men and women, but they arent different scents). Good to have one for home and one for school... or to split the cost with a friend and keep a bottle each.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 27th March 2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

These three scents are quite different from one another in my book. Mugler Cologne is probably your safest bet. Le Male is quite fickle depending on skin chemistry (it's a walking disaster on me!!) and on some folks it's quite pleasant. Try it first to make sure you like it. And Gaultier2 is a whole 'nother story. Powerful...smooth...sweet...bold...it's a virtual cauldron of emotion that could be brought to a heinous boil if your skin doesn't bond well with it. G2 is a definite "try before you buy" - But it's fine on me. Some who are accustomed to AdG and Curve may find it to be too much, though.......

Good Luck!!!

Scratch the Dior Homme. For a guy your age Le Male is awesome. I love that scent. Its so well constructed from top to bottom. You could wear Le Male in the summer. Mugler Cologne is probably perfect for summer time. I say get both. GREAT FRAGS!

For school, Mugler Cologne is the most appropriate. I imagine you will be sitting close to other students in school. The fact that very few people would find Mugler Cologne offensive is a plus in this context.

Oh, Dior homme, please!

I suggest u to choose Mugler Cologne.
    I think it is such a combination between BVLGARI au the Vert with CK be. The top notes is involving green tea in au the vert by Bvlgari and the basenotes are almost similar to CK be. It is absolutely suitable for summer and 17 years old guy like u.

Since you like AdG a lot, maybe try Bvlgari Aqua or the new Bvlgari Aqua Marine. Either one would be suitable for school & summer...

Basenotes Institution

Mugler cologne
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Unfortunately you won't learn from anybody here what's good and what's not good. We give opinions but we leave the final truth to God
    For everyday use Mugler Cologne - by no means any of the other two.

I'd go with Mugler Cologne as well. I love Burberry Touch by the way.

College...3 perfumes come to mind - Polo Sport, 212, Leau D issey

Dior Homme is too good to be an everyday college scent. But since this is your last purchase for a while, and your list sounds like you got other stuff to wear to college, you should get Dior Homme. You can wear it occasionally for college and it will get you compliments. I wore it to college once and it got me a few, and I usually don't get any. And you'll have an exceptional fragrance for special occasions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Unfortunately you won't learn from anybody here what's good and what's not good. We give opinions but we leave the final truth to God
    For everyday use Mugler Cologne - by no means any of the other two.

i know, i wont buy something becuz someone else likes it, but this site helps sort out the "shit" from the "not shit", which is really helpful. im not in college... not gonna be for another year and half... soo i guess its down to le male or mugler. this gonna be hard because i like both damnnn you addiction