Code of Conduct

Default Is Nicole Miller for Men being brought back to the market?

I always thought NM was discontinued and hard to find (with the exception of mini's). Recently I've seen the 2.5oz available at Beauty Encounter (formerly Perfume Bay), & Fragrancenet. I grabbed a bottle off BE, but I'm curious if it's being brought back... Neither site is charging outrageous prices either. Probably what it would have cost if it were still in production. I remember a basenoter listing all the 2008 releases a few months back, and I saw that Nicole Miller had a fragrance lined up. Could it be that NM is being brought back from the dead??

Default Re: Is Nicole Miller for Men being brought back to the market?

I enjoyed a bottle of this back in the day. At the time, I thought it was unique and nothing like it. Without knowing for sure, I don't think it is being brought back. My guess of course.

Scentedmonkey has it as well... Looks like we have another Montana Parfum D'Homme style resurrection on our hands!

Great ... but is it as good as it once was ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

???
    All I know is that the shop I go to (The one that had D&G the One) over 3 weeks ago....they said to me....
    "Have you ever heard of Nicole Miller for men?" I said yeah, its been discontinued for quite some time now....
    They said..."We're getting a new shipment in next WED."
    So, I'll check it out to see if its just like the old one or a new scent alltogether...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Great ... but is it as good as it once was ?
    That is the million dollar question...

Even when it was discontinued, it was always pretty easy to get your hands in a mini. I have a bottle on the way, so I will test the new juice vs. the vintage mini and report back...
    Last edited by KMF; 28th March 2008 at 03:17 PM.

Batches tend to pop up here and there at online shops and retail stores. Not sure where it comes from but it's still the old stock. Retailers usually sell it at approximately the suggested retail price and online discounters usually sell it at an appropriate discount like all their other discounted scents. Some like PerfumeBay.com or 1stPerfume.com who also sell/buy from eBay sell at the marked-up "rare" or "discontinued" prices.

Not saying it isn't possible however that it might (have/will) come back into production. Hope not; I like it's exclusivity.

By-the-way, there was another fragrance for men by Nicole Miller made after the one in the orange corregated bottle. I've never tried it and I'm not sure if it's still in production.

This is very strange indeed ... hopefully it has been resurrected. It's quite a nice scent and I've always found it odd that it got pulled. Once again, there's no accounting for taste!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Crap! And I was hoping to pay for my last semester of school by selling off my Nicole Miller collection to some sucker, ahem, bourbon loving collector out here....

I remember in the "post a picture of your scents" thread someone with a huge stockpile of the stuff ... was that you noirwest driving up the ebay prices for the rest of us?
    Last edited by bront82; 28th March 2008 at 11:39 PM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    I remember in the "post a picture of your scents" thread someone with a huge stockpile of the stuff ... was that you noirwest driving up the ebay prices for the rest of us?
    lol, it was MadScientist.

well...I went ahead and went back to the shop...they had gotten it in today.
    I got a 75ML FOR $35....all they had was 75ml bottles...The SA told me that it is still discontinued but the
    "Warehouse guy" has a contact who came across a stash of the stuff that had been left over in a warehouse somewhere?????
    It doesn't make sense to me....but I'll take it for $35

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    ???
    All I know is that the shop I go to (The one that had D&G the One) over 3 weeks ago....they said to me....
    "Have you ever heard of Nicole Miller for men?" I said yeah, its been discontinued for quite some time now....
    They said..."We're getting a new shipment in next WED."
    So, I'll check it out to see if its just like the old one or a new scent alltogether...

It's a strange phenomenon but, yeah, these "warehouse guys" do exist. I came across a woman bent on selling everything her freshly divorced and newly protective ordered to stay the hell away from her ex husband had left in a small warehouse on ebay. I got a half dozen bottles of Ungaro I and Nicole Miller, full size, from her for about $200 for the lot. She threw in dozens of the same scent samples on cards and I'm still using Nicole Miller hand milled soap to shower with. That was three or four years back. Apparently the ex was some sort of fragrance middle man with a nose for the classics.

And no, no pics of my stuff online. That would only attract the wrong sort of attention from the wrong kind of people. You know, collectors and their ilk.

Don't know if you've ever visited theperfumecollector.com but he has a ever changing storehouse of the odd, rare, and very discontinued for sale. I wrote and asked how he came up with the things he had and his answer boiled down, more or less to a european version of those warehouse guy types.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    lol, it was MadScientist.
    Just picked up 5 bottles of the 75ml from ScentMonkey.com. This should complete my lifetime supply.

$22 for 75ml = .293 per ml

This would equate to $36.62 for a 125ml bottle. Great price guys. Grab it if you can.

I've never tried it so what's so good about it? I'm interested...
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Just picked up 5 bottles of the 75ml from ScentMonkey.com. This should complete my lifetime supply.

$22 for 75ml = .293 per ml

This would equate to $36.62 for a 125ml bottle. Great price guys. Grab it if you can.
    Wow, 5 bottles?? Man, you must seriously love that stuff!
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I've never tried it so what's so good about it? I'm interested...
    I'm a fan of boozy scents, so the bourbon in this is right up my alley. I've never smelled anything like it, so it's uniqueness combined with being one of my favorite genres of scents, is what make this one special to me...

scentmonkey.com has a sample for $2.99 if you're interested in trying it...

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    Wow, 5 bottles?? Man, you must seriously love that stuff!
    LOL "5" bottles he says That's only my most recent small purchase to complete my quest.

Yes, it is my "deserted island scent" and since it is out of production, it makes sense to stock up. This stuff regularly goes for 2 and 3 times the Scentmonkey.com price on eBay. Seems the 2.5oz size is currently available at a LOT of online sites in the $25-40 range. Must have been a big batch hidden somewhere.

It's unique. Yes there are similar scents out there but not similar enough for me.

There are also other discontinued frags I keep an eye out for (decent prices) to add to my lifetime stock.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 29th March 2008 at 06:32 PM.

I got my bottle today and it's the real, authentic, juice... If you're a fan, pick some up before it's gone... (again)

While I'm not as motivated as MadScientist (I only bought two bottles), my Nicole Miller showed up yesterday.

There's a note or accord in the heart to base notes in this that seems similar to a note in Jules. It struck me because the note is apparently unique. Somewhere between nutty and leathery. And of course I have no idea what it is..

2x75ml bought using my Somethinpositiv card ;D!

i just picked up another bottle really cheap...considering the first time around, like 3 years ago, i dropped like 70 bucks total on a bottle and i only spent, with shipping, 30 this time, i went for it because this is one of my faves of all time so why not stock up...i know have half a 2.5 oz bottle, a full 2.5 oz bottle and a .24 mini! So im good for a while....thanks for the tip guys!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I just picked up a 2.5 ouncer for $14 (total) - must be a huge batch being unloaded now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I just picked up a 2.5 ouncer for $14 (total) - must be a huge batch being unloaded now.
    where from...or do you not want to divulge your secret? ha ha
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    2x75ml bought using my Somethinpositiv card ;D!
    2x75ml bought abusing your Somethinpositiv card lol
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Blog Entries

I don't think its being brought back to the market. Its only the 2.5ounce bottle that has flodded the market. 4.2ounce is still very hard to find. Enjoy your cheap bottles while you can! :-)

I just took a look on ebay for bargains.

Now that I have a full bottle, I'm curious as to how many sprays some of you use? It's an outstanding scent, but I have a hard time getting decent longevity / sillage out of it. I usually use two sprays to the chest, one to each side of the neck, and one to the crook of each elbow. Is this one of those scents that comes alive in the summer?

Nicole Miller has just signed a contract with Parlux to start a new women's fragrance from scratch. I do believe she has left the mens market since the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Now that I have a full bottle, I'm curious as to how many sprays some of you use? It's an outstanding scent, but I have a hard time getting decent longevity / sillage out of it. I usually use two sprays to the chest, one to each side of the neck, and one to the crook of each elbow. Is this one of those scents that comes alive in the summer?
    More of a cool/cold weather scent IMO. I stop wearing it when the summer heat hits. I use about the same sprays as you except instead of the inner-elbows, i spray a couple sprays per arm to cover the top of my forearms, wrist, and back of hand - lightly since that's a lot of area. I usually refresh at least once during the day, maybe twice because it's definitely a little weak on the sillage and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post

well the reason why your bottle has no longevity or sillage is the same reason why my "new" bottle of nicole Miller has neither.....and it explains why they have been selling for almost nothing....

one of two reasons

#1 it has been reformulated and basically neutered

#2 the bottles are "expired" and have lost any lasting power/sillage.

with the new bottle i just got, i could spray 30 times in the same spot and it doesnt matter.....i cant even get a sniff of it within 20 minutes.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

#3 some clever businessman had some made in China...

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    well the reason why your bottle has no longevity or sillage is the same reason why my "new" bottle of nicole Miller has neither.....and it explains why they have been selling for almost nothing....

one of two reasons

with the new bottle i just got, i could spray 30 times in the same spot and it doesnt matter.....i cant even get a sniff of it within 20 minutes.
    Definitely not #1...

I have had mini's throughout the years (that was all you could get) and it's exactly the same. I can't comment on #2 because I never had this scent "back in the day", so I'll leave that to someone more qualified to answer. I get somewhere around 3-4 hours out of it, it's just lighter than I thought it would be. Most scents in this genre (boozy orientals) are potent...

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post

one of two reasons

I choose D: "None of the above"

I just received a bottle of Nicole Miller for Men from Scented Monkey. Printed on the back of the box are: "Parlux 2008" and "nicolemiller.com". The web address was most certainly not on the original box. I would say that this is not a warehouse find, but a reintroduction.

I have not worn this fragrance for over 10 years, but the juice (though it may have been reformulated and my olfactory memory may be faulty) smells identical to me. It also seems to have the same sillage and longevity--both very strong for me.

Enjoy!

Porcepic, this is excellent news.
    I look forward to my first bottle and I thank you for the info.
    Most importantly, welcome to Basenotes! Edit: Well, I see you've been here but welcome to posting! ;-)

Eric
    Last edited by evogel; 16th April 2008 at 02:08 PM.

I, too, received my three bottles from scentedmonkey.com, but I put them away quickly without examining closely. I'll take a closer look, and smell, when I get home this evening, and report back similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcepic View Post
    I just received a bottle of Nicole Miller for Men from Scented Monkey. Printed on the back of the box are: "Parlux 2008" and "nicolemiller.com". The web address was most certainly not on the original box. I would say that this is not a warehouse find, but a reintroduction.

I have not worn this fragrance for over 10 years, but the juice (though it may have been reformulated and my olfactory memory may be faulty) smells identical to me. It also seems to have the same sillage and longevity--both very strong for me.

Enjoy!
    Very interesting. It also says "Parlux" on the sticker on the bottom of the bottle. Further, on the box, it says "Made in USA" whereas the "vintage" Nicole Miller for Men was made in Canada and distributed by Riviera Concepts. I didn't bother checking any of this when I received my new bottles. Very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 16th April 2008 at 05:27 PM.

Check this out:

Nicole Miller Fragrance License

On August 1, 2007, we entered into an exclusive license agreement with Kobra International, Ltd., to develop, manufacture and distribute prestige fragrances and related products under the Nicole Miller name. The initial term of the agreement expires on September 30, 2013 and is renewable for two additional terms of three years each, if certain sales levels are met. We must pay a minimum royalty, whether or not any product sales are made, and spend minimum amounts for advertising based upon sales volume. We anticipate launching a new fragrance under this license in the next twelve to eighteen months as well as immediately assuming the manufacturing and distribution of previously developed Nicole Miller fragrances.
    Looks like Nicole Miller for Men is back and here to stay! At least until 2013!!!! (or at least have enough batches in supply for awhile; no idea/prediction of market demand)

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/js...01562&frm=10-Q

The "Significant Trends" portion is also a good read.

Question Re: Is Nicole Miller for Men being brought back to the market?

I too just recently ordered a bottle after reading the reviews. I was surprised to see prices were much less than I expected, I paid $22.95 or so with free shipping. I also found a huge disparity in the price between a 2.5 oz and a 4.2 oz. As was previously mentioned 1st Perfume has them, both, 2.5 runs about $25.00, but the 4.2 is almost $200.00. If the 4.2 is vintage? Is it possible that it's that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I too just recently ordered a bottle after reading the reviews. I was surprised to see prices were much less than I expected, I paid $22.95 or so with free shipping. I also found a huge disparity in the price between a 2.5 oz and a 4.2 oz. As was previously mentioned 1st Perfume has them, both, 2.5 runs about $25.00, but the 4.2 is almost $200.00. If the 4.2 is vintage? Is it possible that it's that much better?
    It's 1stPerfume.com. Have you not seen the scads of bad press here on BN and elsewhere about this company? Pay no attention to them. They have been selling the "vintage" 4.2 oz bottles for quite a while now at that price. Not much longer I suspect if NM has truly resumed manufacturing it.

There is a post on another thread suggesting that 1stPerfume.com displays outrageous prices on some hard-to-find perfumes and then sells at a lower price on eBay to make it seem like you're getting a bargain. I don't doubt this.

I have "vintage" minis, full bottles (including 125ml), and some of the "new" stuff. It all smells the same and has the same sillage and longevity as far as I can tell, like Porcepic says.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 16th April 2008 at 08:20 PM.

Red face Re: Is Nicole Miller for Men being brought back to the market?

It's 1stPerfume.com. Have you not seen the scads of bad press here on BN and elsewhere about this company? Pay no attention to them. They have been selling the "vintage" 4.2 oz bottles for quite a while now at that price. Not much longer I suspect if NM has truly resumed manufacturing it.

There is a post on another thread suggesting that 1stPerfume.com displays outrageous prices on some hard-to-find perfumes and then sells at a lower price on eBay to make it seem like you're getting a bargain. I don't doubt this.

I have "vintage" minis, full bottles (including 125ml), and some of the "new" stuff. It all smells the same and has the same sillage and longevity as far as I can tell, like Porcepic says.
    No, actually I had not, but thank you for the insight, I do appreciate it. I will try to be more attentive before any further posts.

Best Regards,
    Jeff C.

You can do a search on them on the Off Topic and the Discoiunt Boards.
    The best part is they have an ad on this site! | : 0

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    You can do a search on them on the Off Topic and the Discoiunt Boards.
    The best part is they have an ad on this site! | : 0
    Thanks...........

Check this out:

Looks like Nicole Miller for Men is back and here to stay! At least until 2013!!!! (or at least have enough batches in supply for awhile; no idea/prediction of market demand)

Thanks for the verification. How exciting ... I only wish this trend was a little more widespread. I'm talking to you Lauder - I know you can hear me, I want my Fuel back!

Perfumery industry (chemical) expertise needed here.

Something interesting I just discovered, prompted by a question on another thread.

It seems the new Nicole Miller for Men boxes list some or all of the ingredients on the back.

New ingredient list:
    alcohol denat.
    fragrance (parfum)
    water
    benzyl benzoate
    limonene
    linalool
    hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde
    coumarin
    citronellol
    citral
    geraniol
    cinnamyl alcohol

"Vintage" ingredient list:
    sd alcohol
    fragrance
    water
    benzophenone-2

I'm assuming the ingredients are now listed due to some new regulations put in place since the previous "version" was discontinued. I'm also assuming the new ingredient list is only a partial list and that some individual ingredients are still hidden under the blanket term "fragrance (parfum)".

Notice that benzophenone-2 is not listed in the "new" formula. Is it likely this is an indication that the formula has changed or could it be that benzophenone-2 is no longer required to be listed and may fall under "fragrance (parfum)"?

The new batch of Nicole Miller for Men is manufactured in 2008 or late 2007. Personally, I have no other "late model" perfume boxes (not NM) to check to see if benzophenone-2 is listed. If an industry expert can't confirm that benzophenone-2 is no longer required to be listed, can some Basenoters check their 2008-manufactured/packaged perfume boxes for the benzophenone-2 ingredient? If benzophenone-2 is still listed on 2008 boxes, this may be a good indication that it is still required to be listed, which means that the NM formula may have changed (at least by one ingredient).

[edit] Update: Ok, did a little research on benzophenone-2. Seems it is a UV inhibitor of questionable safety and would most likely have no effect on the scent (scent-wise). It may have been taken out of the formula due to health concerns.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 13th September 2008 at 08:35 PM.

I have been looking to buy this fragrance but now that some of you have bought it and said that it's weak in the longevity and sillage department I am having second thoughts. Can anyone shed more light on the new batch of this fragrance? I am so close to buying this but I keep holding back because of doubts with the new batch of this stuff. Is it weaker than the stuff from the past? So many opinions in this topic that I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I have been looking to buy this fragrance but now that some of you have bought it and said that it's weak in the longevity and sillage department I am having second thoughts. Can anyone shed more light on the new batch of this fragrance? I am so close to buying this but I keep holding back because of doubts with the new batch of this stuff. Is it weaker than the stuff from the past? So many opinions in this topic that I can't decide.
    Order a sample from Scentmonkey.com and try it yourself. I've always thought it was a little weak on sillage and longevity but not enough to refuse to wear it. Sillage strength and longevity is subjective like practically every other aspect of perfume. Those traits also depend somewhat on skin-type and environmental conditions. Asking "Is it weaker than the stuff from the past?" will just get you more of the same answers (some 'yes', some 'no'). My opinion is still that the new stuff is indistinguishable from the "vintage" stock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    Thanks for the verification. How exciting ... I only wish this trend was a little more widespread. I'm talking to you Lauder - I know you can hear me, I want my Fuel back!
    Fuel? as in DKNY Fuel?

it's already back....at Bergdorf Goodman....go get some

Order a sample from Scentmonkey.com and try it yourself. I've always thought it was a little weak on sillage and longevity but not enough to refuse to wear it. Sillage strength and longevity is subjective like practically every other aspect of perfume. Those traits also depend somewhat on skin-type and environmental conditions. Asking "Is it weaker than the stuff from the past?" will just get you more of the same answers (some 'yes', some 'no'). My opinion is still that the new stuff is indistinguishable from the "vintage" stock.
    I went ahead and ordered. I just find it odd that people aren't going crazy over this especially when this fragrance was discontinued and was fetching a high price. It also got excellent reviews that seem out of this world. Now that it's back and cheap people don't seem to be all that excited about it in this forum. I just found it to be odd.

I haven't smelled the thousands of frags that some people here have smelled, but I've smell more than the average consumer, and I haven't smelled anything like it.

Ever.

It doesn't last more than 5 or 6 hours on me, but I don't care, I'm willing to refresh from time to time. It really is amazing.

The scent doesn't seem to suit the masses though, which is probably why it was discontinued. It's very distinct. John Q. doesn't like distinct - he likes boring, typical scents.

Check this out:

The "Significant Trends" portion is also a good read.
    Okay now I have a question. They bring it back, cool. Why is it not being sold at stores then? Forget the department stores but not even Perfumania or Sephora carry this. If Parlux decided to bring it back you'd think they'd want to make some profit.

I STAND CORRECTED:
    http://www.perfumania.com/Products.a...Cat1Id=1002612

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 8th September 2008 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries

i see this stuff everywhere in NYC....

technically i SHOULD like it (petrol, leather, booze)....but i don't....i just don't find it to be that interesting. I find it to be a slightly more bitter version of Escada Pour Homme, with more petrol----but nothing that Fahrenheit can't cover...

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    I haven't smelled the thousands of frags that some people here have smelled, but I've smell more than the average consumer, and I haven't smelled anything like it.

Ever.

It doesn't last more than 5 or 6 hours on me, but I don't care, I'm willing to refresh from time to time. It really is amazing.

The scent doesn't seem to suit the masses though, which is probably why it was discontinued. It's very distinct. John Q. doesn't like distinct - he likes boring, typical scents.
    So did you buy your Nicole Miller recently when they started to appear for cheap online, or do you have an older bottle? I think 5 or 6 hours is plenty long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    i see this stuff everywhere in NYC....

technically i SHOULD like it (petrol, leather, booze)....but i don't....i just don't find it to be that interesting. I find it to be a slightly more bitter version of Escada Pour Homme, with more petrol----but nothing that Fahrenheit can't cover...
    Everywhere? I have yet to see it once in NYC. Where is "everywhere" cause apparently I'm "nowhere" LoL. I love this stuff.

Cheers,
    Al

I have done a last minute's bid,supposing it is rare,expensive AND discontinued,although I have never sampled this one.THEN, I checked the prices offered online and this very thread.Since I like boozy scents (Paul Smith London,Burberry London) and leather scents (Aigner In Leather Man,Cuiron) ,possibly this one may be a succesful try,at a very affordable price...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Re: Is Nicole Miller for Men being brought back to the market?

This is more than just an issue on how long this lasts. The new formulation that can be found everywhere is a shadow of the original, and I mean a shadow. It doesn't have the depth, nor is it made with the quality ingrediants the original contains. When this first came out it was available in two sizes a 4.2, or a 1.4 ounce size bottle. Look at MadScientist's description of the box, as it is spot on.If you run across the old one don't hesitate buy it.One of the finest fragrances ever created.IMHO The last piece of information on the old box at the very bottom is made in Canada.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Ok, did a little research on benzophenone-2. Seems it is a UV inhibitor of questionable safety and would most likely have no effect on the scent (scent-wise). It may have been taken out of the formula due to health concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    nor is it made with the quality ingrediants the original contains.
    How can you possibly know this if the original ingredients weren't listed? If the formula has changed only by my findings quoted above regarding benzophenone-2, the quality of the ingredients, in-fact, has IMPROVED (a possible carcinogen has been removed).
    Last edited by MadScientist; 14th September 2008 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    This is more than just an issue on how long this lasts. The new formulation that can be found everywhere is a shadow of the original, and I mean a shadow. It doesn't have the depth, nor is it made with the quality ingrediants the original contains. When this first came out it was available in two sizes a 4.2, or a 1.4 ounce size bottle. Look at MadScientist's description of the box, as it is spot on.If you run across the old one don't hesitate buy it.One of the finest fragrances ever created.IMHO The last piece of information on the old box at the very bottom is made in Canada.
    It doesn't deserve the praise it received because it's without a doubt a reformulation and is watered down. Not deep at all. I should have listened to the board member Acceptfacts. I returned it.
    Last edited by Ronin; 13th September 2008 at 08:52 PM.

I question the 1.4 oz. size as an "original" size. I have had a 2.5 oz. bottle for years.