Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Pear, Basil and Grapefruit by Marc Jacobs

Has anyone smelled these?

I was underwhelmed by the last MJ 'Summer' splashes in '07 (Orange, Cucumber) - but I do have a particular fondness for his Autumn series. The Ivy is incredible!

The Pear sounds intriguing.

Last edited by mikeperez23; 29th March 2008 at 04:37 PM.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Pear, Basil and Grapefruit by Marc Jacobs

I saw these in Neimans last night. But I had already spritzed myself with several other fragrances, so I didn't have a free appendage to try them.

I definitely want to try them the next time I see them - especially the Basil.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 29th March 2008 at 04:17 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Saw them also but didn't try them.

saw them at nordstroms
    my SA said i'll love them
    i did...not just LOVE OMG I NEED THIS!
    out of all, the most respectable is basil, but it somehow reminded me of a darker mugler cologne....
    pear...smelled liek pear - daisy-ish bleh
    grapefruit...smelled like grapefruit but too sweet to be securely unisex.

1st - basil
    2nd - grapefruit
    3rd - pear

i need to re-evaluate these...it was just a quick sniff...

as an aside - i liked the new acqua di parma
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Sur la Plage

Well I was in Nordstroms last night and they had them there, so I tried them. Here are my initial impressions:

Basil - I was completely underwhelmed by Basil. I spayed it on and then went to smell it and it was like I hadn't sprayed anything on myself. I don't know if it was just the way it reacted on my skin or not, but I thought it was a very weak scent. I really had my hopes up on this one because I thought it would be in the same vain as Ivy, which I own and think is fantastic.

Grapefruit - I thought this was a light, inoffensive, citrusy scent. It was nice, but I didn't think it was anything special.

Pear - This is what I thought was the best of the bunch. Smelled just like biting into a ripe, juicy pear - very fragrant. I really liked this one.

Would I buy any of them, probably not. As much as I liked Pear, I'm not so sure I want to walk around smelling like a ripe, juicy pear - although I have been called a fruit before....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Thanks guys - the Pear sounds delectable. Sometimes, you just want to smell like a fruit, you know?

I don't think I need another basil prominent scent. Baime by MPG is all I will ever need.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk View Post
    out of all, the most respectable is basil, but it somehow reminded me of a darker mugler cologne....
    To kill some time yesterday, I wandered through Belk's, and saw these. I agree with your judgment about Basil -- I liked it the best and thought it most unisex. Now that you mention it, I can see the Mugler-with-a-twist.

I was most intrigued with the idea of layering them -- on a card, Basil and Grapefruit smelled very nice, as did Basil and Amber.

Pear sounds delicious.

I recently bought Amber..disappointing, spraying myself with water woulda yielded more sillage.