Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Gentleman: Old versus New

I already had a bottle of Givenchy Gentleman, but decided to buy another at Ebay, because I read here at the group that the old version of the perfume was stronger, with more civet. So I bought the old version. To my nose, the perfumes are practically identical. The old bottle seems to be slightly stronger, but stays closer to the body and doesn't last so long.

The problem is that the two perfumes have quite different colors: the new one is light yellow and the old one is dark yellow. Does anyone else have both versions? I am curious to know if this difference in color is normal, or if my "old" GG is darker because it was kept in the wrong conditions (exposed to light and/or high temperature). Please help me, guys.

Lucius

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 28th March 2008 at 12:06 PM.

Default Re: Givenchy Gentleman: Old versus New

Last edited by pluran; 24th July 2012 at 08:24 PM.

I recently bought a bottle of Givenchy Gentleman and the juice is a darker shade of yellow, not to mention it smells absolutely fabulous. Does that mean I have the vintage formulation? How can I find out for sure?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

isn't the new version a bit perfumey? the older juice was stronger, more of the old school. The new one is more polite, watered down
    Last edited by DreamerII; 28th March 2008 at 03:19 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Javagreen,

Does the packaging have a mixture of white and black colors? In case it does, you have the old version.

Lucius.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Javagreen,

Does the packaging have a mixture of white and black colors? In case it does, you have the old version.

Lucius.
    Yes it is. Great to know i've got my hands on the vintage stuff.. thanks for the tip man

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather