Code of Conduct

Default New Luca Turin and T.Sanchez book previewed and reviewed

Talking Re: New Luca Turin and T.Sanchez book previewed and reviewed

Hooray! Pre-order in place, only have to wait until the end of April now.

Talking Re: New Luca Turin and T.Sanchez book previewed and reviewed

(dismay!) Imagining Luca Turin in socks and sandals has been traumatic. I wonder if I'll be able to ignore this vision while reading the book!

Default Re: New Luca Turin and T.Sanchez book previewed and reviewed

Thanks again helg! The quote about JCE in one of your comment is hilarious, I have even greater hopes for this book now .

PS, I'm the one called Elysium on your blog.
    Last edited by Ascella; 28th March 2008 at 06:23 PM.

Thank you helg for doing it! Now I want to read it as much as I DID not want to read that Chandler Burr's book (still have not either).

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    (dismay!) Imagining Luca Turin in socks and sandals has been traumatic. I wonder if I'll be able to ignore this vision while reading the book!
    He must have spent too many years in England. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Thank you helg for doing it! Now I want to read it as much as I DID not want to read that Chandler Burr's book (still have not either).
    You're very welcome.
    But oh, the Burr book (the new one, The Perfect Scent) is excellent! Just wanted to mention it. :-)

Tania has an article in this month's Allure magazine, as well. I haven't seen it, yet, but it's supposedly the one with Mariah Carey on the cover. She is an MUA'er from way back, so soft spot in my heart for this lady, she also has a raucous sense of humor. Thanks for all the info, helg!

I'll definately be buying the book.

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    Oh, this just denotes a free spirit who doesn't like to have his toes confined. As long as he's not wearing them while driving a VW Bug, I'm cool with it. Both together is too much, imo. Either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    You haven't missed much, Twolf. I wasn't looking forward to reading this book after accompanying Burr's tour through the media and frag blogs. If the present silence re Burr could be an indicator, I would say that the level of enthusiasm for his stories on Ellena-Hermes and Parker-Coty has dropped towards zero. I found the book quite useful in parts. But I was generally disappointed - this time because it's been thrown together from older material, and because a certain amount of editorial negligence cannot be overlooked.

To the main subject and to Helg: From all I could find, this is the most detailed account of what the 'Ultimate Guide' will hold for us! I am grateful someone linked me to it on the men's board, and I have partly discussed it there. One question burns in me, since I first thought of it: do the authors always give credit to the perfume's creator ? I hope they do, but from the few sample reviews I saw, this isn't totally clear to me.

You seem to have enjoyed reading The Perfect Scent more than I did. If you want to review that one, maybe you can pull me out of a black hole ?
    (I tried to get opinions on the Industry board - so far with no success. (Mar 14, Hirch Duckfinders thread Burr Consolidated..)
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd April 2008 at 05:14 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.