Code of Conduct

SC, CA, NV- Who knows where I'll be next?

Default Summer Multi-use suggestions?

Ok, the sun is shining and a warm breeze is blowing and all of my favorites are winter scents and too heavy for summer use. I am looking for great and only GREAT scents for warm weather. MI is on my list already.
    However I do need choices which are appropriate for multiple occasions. What I need it to be able to have casual day wear and possibly a little more formal,
    must be pleasing to the ladies (doesn't have to be the mythical panty droppers but it could help,)
    and something for indoor use such as at church while atoning for my Saturday night sins.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I hope to get by with four new selections in addition to the MI so multi use is important to me.

Default Re: Summer Multi-use suggestions?

Citrics are the best choice. They are versatile (day/night, formal/informal), refreshing, happy, sunny and manly: Eau Sauvage, Eau D'Hadrien, Armani Pour Homme, Bois de Cedrat, etc. etc.

Classic colognes such as Extra Vieille and Acqua di Parma are also very good.

Tropical fruits are a good choice for summer. Try Jardin sur Le Nil or Jardin en Mediterranee. But beware: fruits are very very informal. You cannot go to a formal event smelling like mango.

Lucius.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 28th March 2008 at 06:25 PM.

Here are some very versatile choices:

YSL L'Homme - great day/night wear
    Carthusia Uomo - an exceptional marine with musky/animalic undertones
    Terre d'Hermés - a great all-rounder for casual & semi formal
    Colonia Intensa - exceptional for classy summer evening excursions

Guerlain Vetiver, I must recommend. Other summer great wonders for me have been Annick Goutal's Hadrian Absolu (the edp of Eau d'Hadrian), Caron's L'Anarchiste, and Givenchy Monsieur.

There are some more, but blast me, I can't think of them right now.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I second the YSL L'Homme and would add Sung Homme!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Like I said in another similar thread, I suggest summer versions of all YSL Scents: Opium D'Orient, M7 Fresh, Rive Gauche Light, Kouros Summer edition, also Live Jazz and L'Homme.
    Also, Fahrenheit Summer, DG Masculine, CK Truth, Moschino Friends, L'Eau Par Kenzo

Bahianna and/or Acqua di Parma Colonia.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Basenotes Institution

Terre de Hermes
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Building off of LuciusVorenus, I'll add CRAVACHE. It goes nicely from day to night and has a nice touch of clary sage and lavender that both energizes the lemon and bridges it to the nutmeg. Since you like the "winter" frags, I think the nutmeg and patchouli will attract you to this one. Overall, it is similar to Eau Sauvage but feels slightly more complex. I always think of Eau Sauvage, Cravache, and Boucheron as the three quintessentially French gentlemanly frags. They share some notes and are all similar in feel if nothing else, so maybe you should check out Boucheron as well.
    Last edited by argogos; 28th March 2008 at 09:38 PM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Creed Original Vetiver
    Acqua di Parma Assoluta
    Gai Mattiolo Uomo
    Narciso Rodriguez

Just about anything by Bulgari is classy & light. i.e. Aqua, Aqua Marine, Blu Notte, Soir, and Extreme. (Extreme is not as light as the others, though.)

Creed Green Irish Tweed

I have been testing ADP Colonia at night. This is definately a future purchase. Luckily, I was given a nice size sample decant to afford me such an extensive pleasure test with this.

i think alfred sung hei is a nice summer scent, though it super light.

SC, CA, NV- Who knows where I'll be next?

So far it looks like Eau Sauvage and Terre de Hermes are strong prospects. All are great ideas but I will go over the notes tomorrow to get a better idea of those I am not yet familiar with.

I am also curious about which fruits, with orange probably being most used, that are the most popular scents. Grapefruit and lemon come to mind but what about some of the lesser known or used fruit notes.

Etro's Shaar Nul does quite a nice job in the warmer climes.