Code of Conduct

Default If you had your choice of any Middle Eastern fragrance...

I have a chance to get one bottle of whatever my heart desires from Qatar and, being relatively unfamiliar with Middle Eastern scents, would like suggestions to help me choose wisely. I already have some richly luxurious Al Haramain Oudh with Attar, so this time I'd like a contrasting scent. My preferences don't seem to fit the palette of Arabic fragrance: various citrus, heliotrope, fresh green, mimosa. The only remotely possible note that I might find is cardamom. Does anyone have any suggestions? Classically Oriental spicy scents don't work on my skin at all.

Default Re: If you had your choice of any Middle Eastern fragrance...

Why don't you check out the Montale line? Luckyscent carries quite a few and sells samples. They aren't all oriental spices, but I enjoyed the saffron and roses in Velvet Flowers. Maybe you'd like Soleil de Capri?

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    Why don't you check out the Montale line? Luckyscent carries quite a few and sells samples. They aren't all oriental spices, but I enjoyed the saffron and roses in Velvet Flowers. Maybe you'd like Soleil de Capri?
    Are these produced in the Middle East or reminiscent of Arabic perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    Are these produced in the Middle East or reminiscent of Arabic perfumes?
    remiscent they are produced in paris. they are however sold in the middle east... who cares where its produced

Try Ajmal scents while in Doha. The ones I have sampled while in Dubai have not been overly oudy or floral

Quote Originally Posted by eyecover View Post
    Try Ajmal scents while in Doha. The ones I have sampled while in Dubai have not been overly oudy or floral
    Ajmal it is. My daughter is in Doha for two weeks this time. On her last trip that lasted longer than a couple of days she wandered the souks seeking out spices and fragrances. I will ask her to explore the Ajmal line. Thanks so much for the suggestion.