Code of Conduct

Default Shalima-in the heat. QUESTION..

I recently left my refillable gold canister with a bottle of perfume in it, out in the sun for a day. I love my Shalimar by Guerlain, and I was worried that the heat for a day may hurt the fragrance strenghth or quality. I immediately put it in the fridge for about 3 hours. Now it's back on the shelf in it's normal shady location/ Will this one day incident hurt the perfume? Help...

Baby
    Yours Truly,
    Baby

Default Re: Shalima-in the heat. QUESTION..

I think you just need to try it out. If it smells the same, it's fine! Usually only the top notes get affected. It may be less "sparkley", but I think that deep, vanilla base will come out unscathed.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Heat degrades perfume. Will this incident degrade your bottle enough for you to notice it? Maybe not. Either way, I'd try not to make a habit of it. Also, it would seem that extreme temperature changes aren't so good for perfumes either. If a perfume is exposed to heavy heat or cold, just let it come back to room temperature normally and then store it away from extremes if possible.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

That depends on the cannister's "storage history". I suspect that one bad storage day won't be noticable to you if it was purchased from a reputable place and stored properly until that incident.