Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Thanks Basenotes members

I received my first bottle of Terre d'hermes 2 weeks ago and then Acqua di Parma Colonia a few days ago. Both are outstanding and I would not have tried these if not for the feedback on these forums. I have been enjoying my fragrances for a few years but have found some of the best yet through Basenotes.

Thanks,

Scott

Default Re: Thanks Basenotes members

Good choices - both are quality frags (which I say despite not being a big fan of TdH myself, though I've got to try it again in warmer weather.)

Congratulations on expanding your horizons! I too would still be wearing Avon's Mesmerize or perhaps Passion for men were it not for Basenotes.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Enjoy the fragances. Basenotes has also exposed me to so many fragrances that would have otherwise been outside my field of vision.

I was pretty much wearing Versus and the original D&G since the late 90's only trying something different every now and then. Now i'm hooked on seeing what's out there. Terre d'hermes actually wasn't my favorite when I first wore it but it has grown on me quickly.

Acqua di Parma Colonia is so beautiful..... it is a work of art, with supreme balance and a delicious rose note in the middle. You made a very good choice.

Now try a heavy amber/ambergris perfume such as Bois du Portugal or Ambre Sultan. Or a spicy vanilla such as Chanel PM Concentree or Opium EDP. These are the perfumes for the formal events.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 31st March 2008 at 02:20 AM.

Enjoy TdH! It's probably my favorite fragrance (with the possible exception of Angel Men).

Sur la Plage

Congratulations Scott. Those are 2 excellent, versatile choices. You will get a lot of use out of them.

Let us know if you decide to pick up some other scents.

Take care,

Joe
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Next up I am hoping to try Black Aoud and Czech & Speake #88 if I can find some samples of these. I tried Bois du Portugal and was really surprised I did not care for it, although I am going to wear it a couple more times this week to be sure.

Great choices... i'm still waiting to try these two.. maybe i'll buy samples, currently the risk of confiscation by our customs is pretty high

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather