Code of Conduct

Default SotW March 22nd - 28th

A very interesting week of scent watching from up here in the crow's nest of the HMS Basenotes. There were a number of interesting trends that I'll point out.
    First the raw numbers for the week:
    717 total posts Once again Thursday is Scent Day as the most posted.
    412 different fragrances mentioned. Pretty consistent with what we've seen the first three weeks with totals just above 400.
    275 single wear entries which represents 38.3% of the total reponse. This number was down from the first three weeks and I think there is a reason for that.
    Namely we had a week of no organized synchronized wears but on four separate occasions this week there were daily wears of four or higher of 5 different scents. What I found particularly interesting was that the posters were all separated into very different regions and so it wasn't just a similar weather or day that caused the wear. On Wednesday it was Montale Attar day for 5 members of the forum from Florida, Ohio, South Carolina. Odense and Somewhere in the US. This trend was repeated for all the other single-day multiple wears
    In one case we saw the first link to chatter on the forum leading to increased wear, maybe. LuciusVorenus posted about his night at the symphony wearing Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. This led to 5 wears over the next two days after that post. Or was it......?
    Another trend I noticed was for Easter weekend there was a greatly increased presence of Serge Lutens scents up and down the line. So it being a holiday weekend do Basenoters pull out their more beloved scents for holidays? It was also reflected in the choices for most of the Easter weekend as more of what I would classify as the "occasion" scents seemed to come out of the wardrobe.
    The posting of Turin's top 10 list also caused a ripple as Lauder's Beyond Paradise made its first appearance in four weeks. Azzaro and Cool Water also seemed to make their first appearances in a while after the list was posted. Also Bvlgari Black while named to the female top 10 got increased wear after the list was posted. Or was it the list.....?
    Once again I think I'm beginning to notice the trend of certain scents start to show up more prevalently as we get to the weekend and Basenoters take their well-fragranced selves out on the town. So as the weekend revs up so do "club scents" like Bvlgari Black. Another trend I'm going to keep looking at to see if it holds up.
    Finally, one Basenoter did what I said could easily be done because we are such a diverse group. One entry in the top 10 is solely there because one member wore this scent for all seven days.
    Anyway here is this week's top 10:

1.) Terre d' Hermes 14 wears (1.9%)
    2.) Guerlain Vetiver 12 wears (1.7%)
    3.) Creed Bois du Portugal 11 wears (1.5%)
    4.) Creed Green Irish Tweed 8 wears (1.1%)
    4.) Guerlain Heritage 8 wears (1.1%)
    6.) Creed Original Vetiver 7 wears (1.0%)
    6.) Kilian's A Taste of Heaven 7 wears (1.0%)
    6.) Domenico Carecini 7 wears (1.0%)
    9.) Caron L'Anarchiste 6 wears (0.8%)
    9.) Montale Black Aoud 6 wears (0.8%)
    9.) Narciso Rodriguez for Him 6 wears (0.8%)
    9.) Yves St. Laurent Opium pour Homme 6 wears (0.8%)
    9.) Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan 6 wears (0.8%)

Back up to the crow's nest for your intrepid observer. I hope everyone has a well fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW March 22nd - 28th

Very interesting, thanks for the stats!
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Duc de Vervins, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme, Bentley Intense; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Thanks once again for all your effort in compiling and analyzing this data for us.

I look forward to this post and can't wait to see what the next installment reveals!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

this is a great asset and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Thanks Somerville Metro Man

i am very surprised at how popular and widespread Killian's 'A Taste of Heaven' is....i am very surprised by that statistic, unless its the same person wearing it every day.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

The Killian's Taste of Heaven was the one person.

Thanks for the count and stats Somerville Metro Man.

Thanks again SMM!! Wonderful job and I think we can expect a very interesting week ahead!
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette