Code of Conduct

Default Layering Bois du Portugal

I think that this scent is probably too old for me, (I'm 22) so I thought that maybe layering it with something else could make it seem more age appropriate, while still utilizing the warmth and sexiness of it. I tried layering a little bit of it with Sexual and that actually worked out pretty well, so I'm just curious if any of you have any layering ideas.

Default Re: Layering Bois du Portugal

You should layer it with something that matches the ambergris base. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try something that is already in the perfume, such as lavender and woods.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 29th March 2008 at 10:12 PM.

although I am personally against layering, apparently Creed themselves encourage the layering of creed scents, in which case I would suggest you take an age appropriate scent of Creed's like MI or Himalaya and try and layer it with the BdP

the most versatile Creed out there for layering is Original Vetiver.....its fresh and softens the harder/older edges of BDP.......also MI works quite well...

Try it....Creeds are(by far), the absolute best for layering....in fact you can base them in layers on top of other and it will not 'ruin' the scent as it does for every other fragrance brand.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Can someone explain to me the methods of layering? Is it just you spray one thing and then spray the other thing on top of it? Or do you decant both in the same bottle or something?

I think it is just spraying one perfume on top of the other. That is how I do it.

Sur la Plage

Here is a recent thread on layering Creed fragrances, including Bois du Portugal. But I wouldn't layer anything with BdP. Why mess with perfection?

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...creed+layering
    Last edited by petruccijc; 30th March 2008 at 09:58 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

In my opinion, BdP should not be layered, but enjoyed on it's own. I feel the Creed millesimes are better for layering.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I agree that Bois du Portugal is close to perfection, but one fragrance that compliments it nicely for layering to me is Diptyque's Tam Dao.

Yes, Tam Dao is so basic, so simple and so subtle, that it can be layered easily. You are basically mixing a sandalwood base with something else. But I prefer to enjoy the creamy, soothing, relaxing scent of Sandalwood alone, "solo".

Lucius.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 30th March 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I think that this scent is probably too old for me, (I'm 22) so I thought that maybe layering it with something else could make it seem more age appropriate, while still utilizing the warmth and sexiness of it. I tried layering a little bit of it with Sexual and that actually worked out pretty well, so I'm just curious if any of you have any layering ideas.
    I say let the Bois du Portugal do it's thing. If you think you are too young for it you will be. IMO even a young man of your age can wear it successfully, just be confident you smell divine and with this one you will--but appropriate dress for an elegant frag is a huge plus also
    Last edited by kbe; 30th March 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

I'd vote for leaving BdP alone...

However, as lukewarm as I am to it as a standalone, Green Irish Tweed layers very well...

I really like it with Woods or Florals...

the suggestion of Tam Dao is spot on, I haven't tried that particular combination, but I will do so this evening...
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk