Code of Conduct

Question Creed Selection Verte and Jo Malone Wild Jasmine and Mint

First of all, is Jo Malone's Wild Jasmine and Mint gender-neutral?
    Can it be considered a good enough substitute for Creed's Selection Verte?
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 29th March 2008 at 11:21 PM.

Default Re: Creed Selection Verte and Jo Malone Wild Lavender and Mint

I don't know, but I saw your other post and it made me want to try the Jo Malone!

I might be going to Saks on tuesday; if I do, I'll check it out and get back with you.

Wait a minute, though! Didn't the other thread you posted have something to do with Jasmine as well? Different fragrance? Oh, now I see... your thread title says lavender, but in the thread you mention jasmine... which is it? both hopefully!
    Last edited by Scentronic; 30th March 2008 at 10:44 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Creed Selection Verte and Jo Malone Wild Jasmine and Mint

Sorry about that. It is Jasmine (not Lavender). Do let me know when you get the chance to try it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Wait a minute, though! Didn't the other thread you posted have something to do with Jasmine as well? Different fragrance? Oh, now I see... your thread title says lavender, but in the thread you mention jasmine... which is it? both hopefully!
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 30th March 2008 at 11:27 PM.

Any comments to make on the Jo Malone Wild Jasmine and Mint? It sounds very interesting for upcoming summer.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I think it the Wild Jasmine and Mint is lovely. I bought a small bottle and I was longing to wear it during the diversity month of March, but as it was created after the company was sold to Estee Lauder I have no idea who the nose is. I doubt if Jo Malone herself was the nose for the other frags, but there is never any info on that.

The Jasmine and Mint is light and what most peopel would call 'fresh'. The longevity was good on me. As far as I recall the first hit is the mint, but it is subtle and refreshing, not the vulgar chewing-gum note that I loathe. I suspect the jasmine is secondary all the way through, but I'll need another spray to remind me of that. It is cool and lively, and when the weather brightens a bit here I will wear it with pleasure.

I don't know the Creed very well so cannot comment on the suitability of a swap. I dare say JM is cheaper. Have a spray as you pass through the store. Use it neat on one arm, combine it with something on the other.

Basenotes Institution

I thought the mint in the Jo Malone was too subtle (maybe my mint threshold is too high?).
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd April 2008 at 03:27 AM.

I thought it might be nice layered with L'Occitane Green Tea & Mint. I have a bottle of the L'Occitane and it's really nice, but smells too masculine to me on its own. It's not too sweet, almost on the dry side. Some of you guys might like it, the mint does stand out and could enhance that note in the JM. I layered it with another white floral that had a jasmine note and it smelled really good.
    Last edited by beachroses; 22nd April 2008 at 04:25 AM.