Code of Conduct

Default Cologne Shelf Life

I was just wondering how long you can expect to keep a cologne, or how long is the shelf life? I've heard that any cologne will last up to 2 years, but I've had EDTs for 4 years or longer and they smell just as they did on the first day I bought them.
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.

- Aristotle

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cologne Shelf Life

Hi, welcome! There's a thread very similar to your question that's only a few spaces down. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207691

Try using the search feature, it works wonders

But to answer your question as long as you keep the EDTs in a cool, dry place out of the sun you can expect it to last more than 4 years. I'm not too sure about the "more natural" colognes though, some turn faster than others.
    Last edited by reneirwold878; 30th March 2008 at 11:39 AM.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

to my knowledge (I'm really starting to sound like a lawyer, aren't I/) if you keep your juice in a cool dark spot you should be able to keep them for years.

Luca Turin regularly opens bottles of perfume from all decades of the 20th century and usually will comment that there is damage to the top notes but otherwise everything is fine.

ive only had two bottle go off on me, an eau sauvage frmo the mid-late 60s i believe, and a M by mimmina which I assume was somewhere around mid 90's the M is still wearable although a bit peculiar at the onset, however the eau sauvage is a mess, smells like sausages !