Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default New flacon for Creed GIT?

    According to Creeds site (http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...ime_fragrances) GIT comes now in a grayish see trough flacon. Didn't see this in the shops though. Would prefer it over the black one. Hate not beeing able to see how much is left in the boddle...

  2. #2

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    No. That's just the 2.5 oz bottle. It's not grey either-- the picture just looks that way, it's just transparent. The 2.5 oz bottles of GIT have always been clear while the 4 oz. bottles have always been black.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Bad lighting as well. GIT juice is yellow, not clear.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  4. #4

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    hold your black bottle up to a bright light and don't drop it. it's painted glass. Alternately scratch some paint off vertically with a Swiss Army Knife.

    All the metal looking bottles are glass

  5. #5

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    hold your black bottle up to a bright light and don't drop it. it's painted glass. Alternately scratch some paint off vertically with a Swiss Army Knife.

    All the metal looking bottles are glass
    And this goes for Himalaya and Silver Mountain Water as well. Only Millesime Imperial in the gold bottle is truly opaque.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 30th March 2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    And this goes for Himalaya and Silver Mountain Water as well. Only Millesime Imperial in the gold bottle is truly opaque.
    Millesime Imperial = metal?

  7. #7

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Millesime Imperial = metal?
    It's a glass bottle, but it's been covered with some kind of metallic material-- like the bottle for Caron's L'Anarachiste.

    By the way, I'm enjoying the process of watching my bottle of L'Anarchiste's copper coating change its appearance. I keep it in the bathroom for maximum humidity and sometimes I even rub my hands on it just for the hell of it. it's getting a patina, and it's darkening in some spots and going almost greenish. Very cool.

  8. #8

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It's a glass bottle, but it's been covered with some kind of metallic material-- like the bottle for Caron's L'Anarachiste.
    Not quite. Caron's L'Anarchiste is actually metal. The "metallic material" on MI is just cheap gold paint that flakes off like dandruff.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  9. #9

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Not quite. Caron's L'Anarchiste is actually metal. The "metallic material" on MI is just cheap gold paint that flakes off like dandruff.
    I'm pretty sure the actual bottle of L'Anarchiste is glass-- there's a window on the back of the bottle that lets you see how much juice is left. Plus, there are a few spots where the copper finish is a bit thin. I think from the feel of the bottle that it's most definitely glass.

    Actually I'll bet you a hundred bucks that its glass. Stand in front of a bright light bulb and hold the L'Anarchiste bottle in front of it, with the back side of the bottle (with the window) facing you. Now run your finger up and down the other side of the bottle and you'll see your finger's shadow.

  10. #10

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    hold your black bottle up to a bright light and don't drop it. it's painted glass. Alternately scratch some paint off vertically with a Swiss Army Knife.

    All the metal looking bottles are glass
    I like the swiss army knife part. Thanks!

  11. #11

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It's a glass bottle, but it's been covered with some kind of metallic material-- like the bottle for Caron's L'Anarachiste.

    By the way, I'm enjoying the process of watching my bottle of L'Anarchiste's copper coating change its appearance. I keep it in the bathroom for maximum humidity and sometimes I even rub my hands on it just for the hell of it. it's getting a patina, and it's darkening in some spots and going almost greenish. Very cool.
    Holy shit! I just held my L'Anarchiste bottle up to a 60 watt bulb and you CAN see the juice! I thought it was metal. But of course copper would react to the juice and make ikt really coppery.

  12. #12

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the actual bottle of L'Anarchiste is glass-- there's a window on the back of the bottle that lets you see how much juice is left. Plus, there are a few spots where the copper finish is a bit thin. I think from the feel of the bottle that it's most definitely glass.

    Actually I'll bet you a hundred bucks that its glass. Stand in front of a bright light bulb and hold the L'Anarchiste bottle in front of it, with the back side of the bottle (with the window) facing you. Now run your finger up and down the other side of the bottle and you'll see your finger's shadow.
    Really? I always thought it was metal. It's pretty damn heavy, and the coating is pretty damn thick. I thought the fragrance leeched some of the metal of the bottle in order to add a metallic edge to the fragrance. Guess not. I'm not giving you a hundred dollars lol.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  13. #13

    Default Re: New flacon for Creed GIT?

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Really? I always thought it was metal. It's pretty damn heavy, and the coating is pretty damn thick. I thought the fragrance leeched some of the metal of the bottle in order to add a metallic edge to the fragrance. Guess not. I'm not giving you a hundred dollars lol.
    theres no doubt about it. The coating easily scratches off with a knife. I ran the knife along an edge and you can see glass. The coating is thin. Probably electroplated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •