Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Patyka Fragrances at Origins

I was in Origins at the local mall the other night, and they have now started to carry Patyka fragrances in the store (they do not have them on their website though). I'm sure some of you are familiar with Patyka, but it was new to me - they are a French line of organic fragrances and skincare. They claim to "bridge the gap between organic and luxury" and do not use any synthetic materials that are harmful to your skin or the environment.

They had 4 fragrances in the Origins store - descriptions from Patyka website (www.patyka.com):

HESPÉRIDÉ - The opening touch of lime makes this fragrance sparkling, cheerful and magnificent. Lavender comes into sharply contrast and complement this light citrus note.

AMBRÉ - This blend of bergamot and vanilla unveils a touch of mysterious sensuality. Its familiar scent brings warmth and balance to this sumptuous eternal perfume.

BOISÉ - This elegant accord made up of precious woods, begins with a zest of pine, which lightens the deeper, more opulent notes and enlivens the drier virginia cedar.

CHYPRE - A refined and tenacious accord. This elegant vintage feeling Chypre contains ylang ylang, gradually smoothing itself in a touch of geranuim.

The prices were $48 for a .5oz bottle and $98 for a 1.7oz bottle. The SA said "they are more expensive because they are all organic". I didn't really get a chance to sample them properly, just a quick sniff. They seemed interesting, so I will probably check them out more thoroughly next time I go to the mall. But at that price, they would have to WOW me to make me purchase any of them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Patyka Fragrances at Origins

Boise and Chypre both sound promising, and personally, the price seems okay to me, but they would have to have high wow factor to warrant a full price purchase

Basenotes Institution

I think that it's ridiculous that on their website, when you click on Perfume, the tagline reads 'The First Organic Perfumes In The World'. WTF? No, they're not! I can think of five other organic perfumers that are currently selling fragrances.

Sweeping generalizations like that really annoy me!!
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Interesting, I thought they were defunct, as they've seemingly disappeared from the German market (First in Fragrance, manufactum, my brick&mortar perfume store in Frankfurt) and are currently not available through their online shop either.

An older thread here:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ghlight=patyka

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Interesting, I thought they were defunct, as they've seemingly disappeared from the German market (First in Fragrance, manufactum, my brick&mortar perfume store in Frankfurt) and are currently not available through their online shop either.
    Have you tried any of them? If so, what were your thoughts?

Thanks.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

One of the reasons they are so expensive is because they sell so little. Their fixed costs have to be divided by a small number of products that are sold. So, it is not only because of the higher quality of the ingredients.

I wouldn't buy this kind of perfume.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 31st March 2008 at 11:01 PM.

It's not on your list, but I've got a bottle of Fougère, which I like very much. It's heavy to a dry vetiver and I think it's very nice. Decent lasting time, and fantastic sillage. The others I wish I knew but don't.

I find it's a very fun alternative to have bottles like these in the collection--no sprayers. Fun to dab on the very concentrated juice.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.