Code of Conduct

Default Kouros in Summer!

Probably old news to many here but today I realized Kouros is actually a true summer scent (for me)! I came home from the beach, took a shower and decided to (boldly) go for 1 spray of Kouros to the chest right after and went out for dinner. The whole evening I got these nice whiffs of smell which complemented the summer evening in an excellent way! Just thougt I'd share for the people hesitating to wear this unique scent in summer. Don't.

Default Re: Kouros in Summer!

I feel it's an anytime scent.

I'm wearing it in Cairo all the time, and this is easily the hottest place I've lived in ( as opposed to just visited ).

Kouros smells best in hot weather, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasKane View Post
    Probably old news to many here but today I realized Kouros is actually a true summer scent (for me)! I came home from the beach, took a shower and decided to (boldly) go for 1 spray of Kouros to the chest right after and went out for dinner. The whole evening I got these nice whiffs of smell which complemented the summer evening in an excellent way! Just thougt I'd share for the people hesitating to wear this unique scent in summer. Don't.
    Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad Kouros is getting the recognition it deserves as a good summer option. Maybe all this good PR will make it seem less like the big, scary, white, boogey man scent!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yes, we oldtimers are in on that secret. It seems to go against the logic that the stronger a scent is, the better it is in cold weather and the more difficult it is to wear in heat. Kouros is the exact opposite - it truly blooms in heat (in a good way!). Another reason why I suspect some folks find Kouros so... unappealing. They really need to withhold judgement until they've tried it as it should be worn.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

added to my wishlist for thailand! holy cow i just made a revelation. this might be the perfect scent for where i'm headed!

-deleted, understood it wrong-
    Last edited by Suppressor; 8th July 2011 at 10:59 PM.

OK, that's it! I'm ordering a sample of this ASAP! I'm tired of reading about it and not knowing what it smells like.

I prefer in the warm weather. It turns veeery sweet, and reminds me fleur du male in the dry down.

In the cold weather it turns very mossy and sharp on me

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    OK, that's it! I'm ordering a sample of this ASAP! I'm tired of reading about it and not knowing what it smells like.
    Just make sure it's a spray sample/decant. Kouros works best when misted.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I feel the same way. I'm a bit new to this species called Kouros. At first, I would just read about it in the encyclopedia. But lately, I've been sampling it. And I've come to appreciate it and would even say it wasn't as bombastic as I thought it would have been.

And yes, much more of a sunny summer fragrance. Anytime I have sampled it in cloudy or cooler weather, Kouros upsets me.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I like it at various times of the year but it's excellent in the summer. More lively. The same goes for a lot others when combined with a little heat and sweat. It creates a more natural, oozing from the pores feel and a completely different trajectory.

so just 1 spray on the chest? ima see if i can score a tester. they come with the caps from what i remember.

I agree it's good in summer. There are strong frags like this that have civet or amber that you wouldn't think work well in summer but they do because they play so well on the skin and airs heat. Glad to see another K fan

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I prefer in the warm weather. It turns veeery sweet, and reminds me fleur du male in the dry down.

In the cold weather it turns very mossy and sharp on me
    My thoughts exactly. Crazy longevity though. I can still smell the one spray/mist.

Sur la Plage

Kouros is always a wonderful choice.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th July 2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread