Code of Conduct

Default Two new "drugstore" frags: Tabu Forbidden & No Limit by British Sterling

Has anyone tried either of these yet? I saw them at the local K-Mart but they were locked up in a case with no tester (and no sign of an employee to help me). I couldn't even tell how much they are.

Default Re: Two new "drugstore" frags: Tabu Forbidden & No Limit by British Sterling

I'll be walking by CVS tomorrow. I'll pop in and look. I have to say, I hadn't thought about those brands releasing anything new. I think NAVY was the last drugstore launch I was aware of.
    Last edited by argogos; 30th March 2008 at 11:53 PM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Default Re: Two new "drugstore" frags: Tabu Forbidden & No Limit by British Sterling

I made one mistake -- Tabu Forbidden is a perfume! I went back today and the lady opened a box of each one. After applying Tabu Forbidden I immediately knew it wasn't for a guy -- and the back of the box confirmed that. If I was more up on my colognes, I would have known that "Tabu" is a women's fragrance line anyway.

No Limit by British Sterling reminds me A LOT of Stetson Black. A strong, synthetic smelling suede.

I did not purchase either. One was $16.99 and one was $17.99; since I wasn't interested in either one, I didn't pay much attention.

I see this is an old thread, but it's all I found on No Limit by Dana. I was at my local Kmart and found this little gem on sale. a 3.4 oz bottle for like 9 bucks. I bought this as well as Candie's for men, and Guess Marciano, these were all discounted.

This No Limit stuff really wowed me. In the store, there was an open bottle, I sprayed it in the cap and it came off as a creamy citrus. I said ehh.. good enough to try, I do have a love for creamy citruses like Love & Luck, and Arpege pH. So I opened it up in the car, did one spray on the wrist.. forgot about it. I go to smell it 30 mins later and was blown away. It turned into a watermelon dominated smell. A very good watermelon too, one of the better watermelon notes I've come across. It maintained this creamy citrus. Drying down now, it's woodsy, ambery, I get a caramel note, and anise. It's very very complex, but overall smells amazing. This is just my initial impression from one spray to the hand, I'm sure my opinion will change on certain things, but this is definitely something I will enjoy in the time to come.

Although this isn't the "Spotted @ Ross, TJM etc" thread.. I would like to say, to check out your Kmart stores. They had some crazy one of a kinds. Several of these No Limit frags. They had one bottle of California for Men by Dana, in the newer bottle, which was on sale for like 10 bucks, it's been discontinued and goes for much more online. I picked up to smell it to reminisce, it's a beach-citrus fragrance. I don't care for it, but it's nice for the collector. they also had that discontinued Old Spice frag I think it's called OS Signature or something. They had some 1.7 oz Samba's, and Escada Sunset Heat 1.6 for 14.99, which I might go back for. I was hoping to find a bottle of Chaps by RL, but to no avail, definitely some cool stuff though that brought a big smile to my face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I see this is an old thread, but it's all I found on No Limit by Dana. I was at my local Kmart and found this little gem on sale. a 3.4 oz bottle for like 9 bucks. I bought this as well as Candie's for men, and Guess Marciano, these were all discounted.

This No Limit stuff really wowed me. In the store, there was an open bottle, I sprayed it in the cap and it came off as a creamy citrus. I said ehh.. good enough to try, I do have a love for creamy citruses like Love & Luck, and Arpege pH. So I opened it up in the car, did one spray on the wrist.. forgot about it. I go to smell it 30 mins later and was blown away. It turned into a watermelon dominated smell. A very good watermelon too, one of the better watermelon notes I've come across. It maintained this creamy citrus. Drying down now, it's woodsy, ambery, I get a caramel note, and anise. It's very very complex, but overall smells amazing. This is just my initial impression from one spray to the hand, I'm sure my opinion will change on certain things, but this is definitely something I will enjoy in the time to come.

Although this isn't the "Spotted @ Ross, TJM etc" thread.. I would like to say, to check out your Kmart stores. They had some crazy one of a kinds. Several of these No Limit frags. They had one bottle of California for Men by Dana, in the newer bottle, which was on sale for like 10 bucks, it's been discontinued and goes for much more online. I picked up to smell it to reminisce, it's a beach-citrus fragrance. I don't care for it, but it's nice for the collector. they also had that discontinued Old Spice frag I think it's called OS Signature or something. They had some 1.7 oz Samba's, and Escada Sunset Heat 1.6 for 14.99, which I might go back for. I was hoping to find a bottle of Chaps by RL, but to no avail, definitely some cool stuff though that brought a big smile to my face.
    Thanks for posting, I'm interested in learning more about No Limit and another one named Myth.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*