Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Ayala Moriel suggestions please

Her fragrances sound wonderful. I would like to order some samples. But there are so many and I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions of what I should try first?

Thanks

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ayala Moriel suggestions please

Hi, whisperingleaves--I like your avatar and name.

It would be helpful if Basenotes' directory and reviews were up and running, but until they are, I guess you'll have to rely on the comments at MUA. Purplebird has penned some thoughtful reviews on both sites.

Here are some BN threads:
    AM1
    AM2

I liked the AM fragrances I sampled, but was frustrated with how mild they are. That's due to their natural base, which is laudable in many respects. My favorite was the very pretty Palas Atena.
    Surrender to Denver Basenotes Meet-Up 💜 April 8 💙 Special guests Patty White & Dawn Spencer Hurwitz 💚 CLICK HERE

It really depends on what you like. Have you tried doing the fragrance questionnaire on her website? (http://www.ayalamoriel.com/index.cfm...e=Consultation)

Personally I like her new(ish) Immortelle l'Amour. It strongly resembles maple syrup! Yum!

Quarry - thanks for the links. Those help. btw I have been enjoying your series of avatars.Inspiration I think for a hunt for some pictures of mine. My avatar is a picture I took on a trip to Maui two years ago, a beautiful place, even in memory.

Jilsy - I am not sure I can even imagine a maple syrup smelling perfume. Obviously a defect in my education which I must remedy. (I'd put a smile here if I could figure out how to do it) They must be on this forum someplace but I haven't found them yet.)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingleaves View Post
    Quarry - thanks for the links. Those help. btw I have been enjoying your series of avatars.Inspiration I think for a hunt for some pictures of mine. My avatar is a picture I took on a trip to Maui two years ago, a beautiful place, even in memory.
    Thanks, whisp. I look forward to meeting your ancestors.
    BTW, have you frequented the fragrance shops at Disney World? My daughter was a cast member there for a number of years, so I have a special fondness those places.
    Surrender to Denver Basenotes Meet-Up 💜 April 8 💙 Special guests Patty White & Dawn Spencer Hurwitz 💚 CLICK HERE

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Of those I have sampled, my favorites are Vetiver Racinettes and Kinmokusei, but I enjoy many more. She has descriptions of all of her fragrances on her website.

Quarry - I have discovered the fragrance shops at Epcot. It is somewhat overwhelming actually. I don't really know where to even begin. But I am having fun anyway.

I'm afraid we will both have to wait a bit for pictures of my ancestors, hopefully in May.

Dennard - Thanks for sharing your favorites as well. My track record for translating description to what it smells like at least on me is somewhat spotty. I'd also like to try a broader range of samples from this and other houses than I might pick on my own. I am very new to this. I am hoping there will be all sorts of things I will love and would never have thought to try.

Basenotes Institution

Please try Cimabue - many label it a 'fall/autumn' fragrance, but smell it and decide for yourself.

Welcome to Basenotes whisperingleaves.

Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome. I included Cimabue in a dsh samples order I placed last night.

btw I just got my first Ava Luxe (Midnight Violet), a blind buy inspired in part by your posts. I absolutely love it!