Code of Conduct

Default Is this ebay'd Creed MI a fake?

It's the "new" bottle but is MI, 4oz and on ebay. Is it a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-MILLESIME-...QQcmdZViewItem

also, $1,500 facial cream from the same seller :0

http://cgi.ebay.com/Creme-de-La-Mer-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by rioni; 31st March 2008 at 02:10 AM.

Default Re: Is this ebay'd Creed MI a fake?

it's real. the new clear imperial bottles are safe for now. the gold 2.5's are likely all legit too. but i'd say nine out of ten of the gold imperial bottles (4oz) on ebay are counterfeit.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it is real or not, but the price is no bargain. You can order MI from some online retailers like Fragrancenet (using their 15% off code) for cheaper then the "Buy Now" price. Plus free shipping in the US and knowing you have purchased from a reputable retailer.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

petruccijc: "I don't know if it is real or not, but the price is no bargain. You can order MI from some online retailers like Fragrancenet (using their 15% off code) for cheaper then the "Buy Now" price. Plus free shipping in the US and knowing you have purchased from a reputable retailer."

Very good point. I don't know what some of these e-bay sellers are thinking. If I'm on e-bay, I'm looking for bargain prices and bids. If I go for "Buy it Now," it better be verrrrry good. There's plenty of other reputable sellers with lower prices and return policies! Why would I bother taking chances at buying fake stuff? Recently, I was looking at MPG's and realized this there too. It's rediculous.
    That being said, for a Creed, unless it's such a low price that you think you can afford to throw away the money, buy it from fragrance retailers such as Fragrancenet, Perfume.com, etc.
    RM

Post Thanks / Like

It is real. These are the new MI bottles. You can go to Neimans and see them. They are no longer gold bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll take a while before the counterfeit manufacturers start producing the new bottles, so I guess it's safe for now. In a year or so, however, it might be a different story.

why did they change the bottles anyways - cut costs ?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably because there were a lot of reports of the foil coming off.

Post Thanks / Like

real M.I. bottle...no more gold bottles...just gold label and gold cap,
    also the Erolfa bottle got the new label (dark blue "mirror" and new cap (looks like Virgin Island Water).

Quote Originally Posted by bxbwbk View Post
    it's real. the new clear imperial bottles are safe for now. the gold 2.5's are likely all legit too. but i'd say nine out of ten of the gold imperial bottles (4oz) on ebay are counterfeit.
    6 months ago nine out of ten gold imperial bottles on eBay were real. Just another sign that we are headed for apocalypse. Al Gore was right!
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I was going to say that it's definitely real based on the newness of packaging but I recently read an article about China's fake products production and the article mentioned that often, with goods such as Luis Vuitton leather goods, sunglasses, and even "Armani" suits, they are replicated with in weeks of the original, occasionally being available at the release of the original product. I still have to ask, not to be paranoid, but, "why? why are these big bottles of Creed, in the new packaging, available at a $100US discount?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I still have to ask, not to be paranoid, but, "why? why are these big bottles of Creed, in the new packaging, available at a $100US discount?"
    I'll take "Because Needless markup's Markup is over 100%" for $225, Alex.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I'll take "Because Needless markup's Markup is over 100%" for $225, Alex.

counterfeiting cologne is millions and millions of dollars worth of business. I am still not convinced we aren't being duped by these online retalers that are not authorized retailers. They can produce EXACT duplicates of the box, bottle, contents, and juice. There may be scientist who could tell u the difference, but 99% of people could not. So, I believe those non-authorized etailers are selling us VERY GOOD NEARLY EXACT REPLICAS of our favorite niche fragrances. That is why sometimes, there are issues with silage, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Two year old thread.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Why did you bump this old ass thread??

I apologize, I guess I am old fashioned!