Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Feuille Verte!! Never again!!!

Damn Guys. I sent an email to creed asking if there is ever a chance that Feuille verte would be introduced again and here is what igot. This is a shame man. This is th actual email from Creed.

Charlotte O'Rourke to me

show details 7:07 AM (56 minutes ago)

Dear Mr. Nasr,

Thank you for contacting the official CREED North America website. Unfortunately, Feuille Verte was a limited edition scent. CREED will not reintroduce this scent into the permanent collection. It would be unfair to the customers who purchased this as an exclusive and limited edition scent.

Thank you for your interest and loyalty to The House of CREED.

Charlotte O'Rourke
    Client Services - CREED North America
    http://www.creedperfumes.us/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Feuille Verte!! Never again!!!

What if we can get every one of the hundred people who own a bottle to sign a petition saying that they want Creed to make more of it?!

I guess I'll just have to pay the 20 grand or whatever it costs to have them make me some "custom" Feuille Verte
    Last edited by Scentronic; 31st March 2008 at 04:08 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

I guarantee it will be re-released in about 20-30 years when Creed runs out of ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should organize a mass-suicide threat
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    I guarantee it will be re-released in about 20-30 years when Creed runs out of ideas.
    If they've already been making fragrances for almost 250 years, what makes you think they are going to run out of ideas in the next 20 or 30?
    Last edited by Scentronic; 31st March 2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you ever thought of the economics of a scent like Feuille Verte? There were 100 flacons at $375, correct? So that means it GROSSED a whopping $37,500. It hardly seems worth producing at that level.

I can well understand, Creed or any other brand, who respect the customers who bought it as an "exclusive and limited edition scent". The way to do that is not to go out and sell it again in 2 or so years. However, I think in time (10 years?) that doesn't hold anymore. The original is either gone, nearly gone or bad. Perhaps Creed will reconsider at such a time.

It is one of my favorite Creeds and I have a 1 ml decant to base that on!

Email her back and as her to look into a few facts; Perhaps the owners of the flacons love it and bought it for the juice, not the exclusivity. Also, perhaps that want to replenish their stock but cannot. So, it is unfair to owners and nonowners alike.

Edit: the only way to be cartain that fainess is intact, is to charge more for the juice. That way, the previous owners cannot complain. There have been several limited editions to become permanent and I believe Un Jardin en Mediterranee is still listed as Limited Edition on the Hermes website.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 31st March 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with everyone. I think it is ridiculous that it is only limited to 100bottles. Charge what need if it is expensive to reproduce. And you make a great point Scentologist. What about the people who purchased it. What do they do when they run out. Crazy man!!

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I found myself chuckling as I read this thread. I don't get the backlash, especially considering the 1000 or so other threads that inquire as to what the big deal is about Creed and it being "exclusive". So they make a limited edition scent and people are complaining? What? Because it's TOO exclusive?!

Post Thanks / Like

They don't complain about it not being exclusive, many people just don't like the cult status and the drones that Creed has. I believe its a shame that Feuille Verte will never be made again, it would have been cool if they would have done something like Indult, where if you buy it once, you can buy it again and again as long as you're a member. (This happens with their three fragrances, and C16)

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we could all go together a do a huge "bottle split"!

I think her reply was civil if slightly dispassionate. why call something a limited edition if you then mass produce?

AZTEC

Thumbs down Re: Creed Feuille Verte!! Never again!!!

The US Creed web site sucks. Not a descriptive word on there for any of their fragrances; just a list.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not come out with it again but in a different bottle. That way the original bottles will still be limited edition and have premium value.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

do you guys have to complain about everything

its a fricking limited edition, they told everyone this beforehand, thats just the way it is. maybe wait 10 years as one of the first posters said...

Scentronic, you own 2% of the Feuille Verte ON EARTH. Owning 2% of anything is amazing. Like Imagine you owned 2% of Google, you'd be like a bagillionaire. But still not as good as owning 2% of the world's supply of FV lol.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

shhhh!
    Last edited by Scentronic; 31st March 2008 at 11:02 PM.

I was just talking about the Google stock you recently invested in, Scentronic, and made a metaphor using Feuille Verte...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we should all be delighted that the Creed rep replied at all to cairomerta's request - I have sent similar letters/emails to perfumers before and never even got a response from them.

I too, contacted Creed months ago, in writing. I received a letter back from a higher up (on crisp, gold inlay leaf letterhead, mind you) stating the same thing that cairomerta did, although my letter did not get into the last sentence, 'unfair to the customers' part - but instead was professional, friendly and to the point: No we have no intention of releasing it. Thank you very much Mr. Perez for being a Creed customer. Sincerely, end of story.

I agree with smellyliquid - let's give Creed a break here. If they change their minds one day and decide to re-release it, great. If not, we have thousands of other fragrances to smell, wear and own.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 1st April 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you folks are kind of being manipulated by CREED. This 100-bottle edition is clearly a marketing gimmick. They WANT you to desire the perfume without having it. It just enhances the myth of CREED.

Lucius.
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 1st April 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I still say we go with mass-suicide threat

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    LOL

OK, 'tronic. You're first. I hear that Selection Verte is highly flammable...douse yourself and light a match!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 1st April 2008 at 01:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Or we ask Bond No. 9 to re-create it!
    You are not your perfume.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that this idea is on one of Ms. Rahme's "to do" lists, somewhere (seriously!).

As with everything involving the Creeds, I'm sure that there are plenty of reasons behind the Feuille Verte decision, but you'll never hear them. Creed probably does not consider FV as mainstream a scent as GIT, and therefore worthy of large production (and the focus of the current Creed management, with Erwin on board, seems to be on more commercial scents). I'm sure that FV would also be more costly to mass produce, due to its high concentration of oakmoss. But who knows . . you'll never get a straight answer from the Creeds, that's a given.

In the end, though, the Creeds probably don't regard FV as any more "special" than the many other fragrances they experiment with regularly. It's just another concept they work on, and then build an "exclusivity" name on for both Creed and Neiman Marcus. And then it's back to refining the likes of Love in Black, from which the real money will come rolling in. We perfume fans may get quite attached to these scents, but for Olivier and Erwin, it's just "fun & games" - and clever marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you just all buy it here?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers1901 View Post
    I'm sure that this idea is on one of Ms. Rahme's "to do" lists, somewhere (seriously!).

As with everything involving the Creeds, I'm sure that there are plenty of reasons behind the Feuille Verte decision, but you'll never hear them. Creed probably does not consider FV as mainstream a scent as GIT, and therefore worthy of large production (and the focus of the current Creed management, with Erwin on board, seems to be on more commercial scents). I'm sure that FV would also be more costly to mass produce, due to its high concentration of oakmoss. But who knows . . you'll never get a straight answer from the Creeds, that's a given.

In the end, though, the Creeds probably don't regard FV as any more "special" than the many other fragrances they experiment with regularly. It's just another concept they work on, and then build an "exclusivity" name on for both Creed and Neiman Marcus. And then it's back to refining the likes of Love in Black, from which the real money will come rolling in. We perfume fans may get quite attached to these scents, but for Olivier and Erwin, it's just "fun & games" - and clever marketing.
    pretty much agree with what you say. rather than characterize it as "fun & games", i would just say they are running a business and have to make astute commercial decisions to survive, let alone prosper.

AZTEC

"It would be unfair to the customers who purchased this as an exclusive and limited edition scent."

If Creed can profitable produce and market the fragrance, I seriously doubt that the feelings of those who purchased the "exclusive and limited" edition will prevent it from reintroducing the fragrance.

It's even more unfair to only make 100 bottles and sell them for an exorbitant $400.
    Greed Feuille Verte is more like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I talked to all of the other owners.

We all give our permission for Creed to make more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Why don't you just all buy it here?
    This must be a joke. 4 oz does not equal 200 ml and Feuille Verte was never made in a 4 oz bottle.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    I think you folks are kind of being manipulated by CREED. This 100-bottle edition is clearly a marketing gimmick. They WANT you to desire the perfume without having it. It just enhances the myth of CREED.

Lucius.
    Yes these releases are there specifically to regain the exclusivity perception in the usa which is somewhat diluted by the mass availability of creeds. However, you do not hear begging for continuation of royal celan or other limited editions. FV was indeed a very special and fine fragrance.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    "It would be unfair to the customers who purchased this as an exclusive and limited edition scent."

If Creed can profitable produce and market the fragrance, I seriously doubt that the feelings of those who purchased the "exclusive and limited" edition will prevent it from reintroducing the fragrance.
    that's pure speculation on your part. it's not very astute to make a short term profit at the expense of a longer term strategy.

AZTEC

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a solution!

Step 1: Insure my flacons of Feuille Verte with Lloyds of London, for the total replacement cost of both bottles, which would be roughly $100,000. (since this would technically have to be custom-made by Creed and yield, what is it that you get - a gallon? Plus the commitment to buy another gallon? Someone help me here...)

Step 2: Collect "bottle split" money for premium payments for said insurance

Step 3: Fake some sort of accident/act of God to break the bottles (remove the liquid first, of course)

Step 4: Collect insurance money and buy 4 gallons of Feuille Verte - a bounty fit for a king.

PM if interested!

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyds of London would put investigators to read all your 1793 messages at Basenotes. They would discover the plot!

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 6th April 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

With the Premium you'd have to pay because of rarity, I presume they wouldn't care even if they did have to have Creed custom make you some!

But if it does happen, approx price for 1oz :P?

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Do you mean when the son takes over the Empire?
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Never say, "Never", I guess....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like The WHO announcing that their 1982 tour would be their last. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Kinda like The WHO announcing that their 1982 tour would be their last. LOL
    Creedrophenia!

They all seem to return at some point or another even if it's for a short time.