Code of Conduct

Default A Floral for Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, April 5, 2008?

The ladies are hosting their monthly Sniff 'n' Speak on Saturday, April 5, 2008.

The fragrance family chosen for April is Floral (single soliflore or full bouquet of flowers).

I have no idea what to wear. Any suggestions?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: A Floral for Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, April 5, 2008?

Agua Lavanda by Puig or Insensé by Givenchy.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

We had the thread on Tom Ford's Black Orchid so maybe that's a candidate.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I'll be wearing Brulure de Rose by PG

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    The ladies are hosting their monthly Sniff 'n' Speak on Saturday, April 5, 2008.

The fragrance family chosen for April is Floral (single soliflore or full bouquet of flowers).

I have no idea what to wear. Any suggestions?
    Mens florals, hmmm, how about one of these:
    Eau Sauvage - Jasmine
    Aqua di Parma - violet
    C&S 88 - rose
    I'm going to do Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie. An amazing rose over sandalwood fragrance suggested by ZZTop. I haven't worn it since last summer.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 31st March 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Sur la Plage

I think I will go with TDC Rose Poivree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I want to thank everyone who has responded so far - some I am familiar with, others I will have to seek out!

In particular, C&S No. 88 and Black Orchid are two of my favorite fragrances.

When I got home, I searched the Floral family in Michael Edwards' directory.

Two in my wardrobe, that I show as belonging to other families, Edwards shows as Rich Florals: Caron Pour Un Homme and Gris Clair.

I was apprehensive about not having an appropriate fragrance, but I guess I have at least a few to choose from!
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 3rd April 2008 at 05:05 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I'll be going for Gris Clair!
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Does Kingdom count as a Dirty Floral?
    Last edited by Vivek; 3rd April 2008 at 09:42 AM.

I'm wearing Yosh Sottile today but I know it's quite a loud Tea rose and lily of the valley accord, pretty feminine to wear. I'm enjoying it so much though today! Now that the dewy and soapy tea rose has faded a bit it's all about cheecky leafy floral lily of the valley haha
    it's a flash of spring light in a garden!