Code of Conduct

Default Smelled some new 2008 summer fragrances today!

Well today was a bit of an unexpected treat, as I stumbled accross a counter in one of the local Boots stores with a batch of new summer fragrances for me to try.

I got to try the following:

Joop Hot Summer - Absolutely fantastic, like the original but with added spices and tobacco, making it a calmer and more sensual fragrance. Dare I say this is superior to the original and will definately have to be tested on the skin.

Joop Jump Hot Summer - I found the original Jump instantly forgetable and unfortunately this is in the same direction. Nothing interesting to offer at all.

Joop Go Hot Summer - Sexy and sensual, this one reminds me a little of Etat Libre D'Orange's Divin Enfant. Another for further consideration.

Cool Water Freeze Me - Starts off with light citrus notes befoe bursting into full bloom, smelling more like GIT than the original. the original is fa better in my opinion though. Sightly disappointing as I really like the bottle of this one.

Paul Smith Sunhsine - Another nice fresh fragrance that I will be trying on my skin. Cant sto smelling the card as its fresh but has a little special feelingt it.

Calvin Klein One - A nice soft scent dominated by the watermelon note. A really nice light summer fragrance, I dont know if I will wear it myself, but if I can pick up a sample I will more than happily give this a wearing.

Calvin Klein Eternity Summer for Men - There is slight similarities between this and CK1 summer, but this has a more mature feeling and greater depth in the notes.

They also had 212 Sexy Splash, the new fragrance by Carolina Herrera, but unfortunately there was no tester for this one. Hopefully I will get to test it soon!

I also tested Burberry Summertime in Debenhams for me, which is very fresh before mellowing out to notes similar to the original men's fragrance. It's ok, but not to my taste.

Has anyone else tried any of these fragrances? If so what did you think of them?
    Last edited by LeeScot; 31st March 2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Typo correction!

Default Re: Smelled some new 2008 summer fragrances today!

Joop Hot Summer sounds enticing... can't wait to test it

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Thanks for the heads up Lee, looking forward to the CK one and the Paul Smith

Congratulations on the 500 posts Java !

Hi Vivek,

Most of these are well priced, the Paul Smith is 24 for 100ml, the Joop's 25 for 100ml or 125ml and CK1 is 25 for 100ml.

CK Eternity is slightly more expensive at 29.50 but I will definately be buying a few to compliment my summer.

Off topic, I bought the Bond No 9 Hamptons from e-bay. Am so glad I did, its a great fragrance, and I am wearing it just now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Congratulations on the 500 posts Java !
    Thanks man

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

212 Sexy Splash ???? what about this... is a variation of sexy version ?

I wish I could see the wardrobe of someone who owned 5 different Joop!, 10 different 212's, and 20 different Curve.

"Which fragrance are you going to wear today, Jimmy?"

"Well, I wore CK One Sexy Electric Summer Fresh Citrus Blast 2006 yesterday, so I'm going to mix it up and go with CK One Sexy Electric Summer Fresh Citrus Blast 2007 today. I can't wait for the 2008 version to come out!"
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

haha no kiddin!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    Joop Hot Summer - Dare I say this is superior to the original
    You lost me. Completely.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    Cool Water Freeze Me - Starts off with light citrus notes befoe bursting into full bloom, smelling more like GIT than the original. the original is fa better in my opinion though. Sightly disappointing as I really like the bottle of this one.

Paul Smith Sunhsine - Another nice fresh fragrance that I will be trying on my skin. Cant sto smelling the card as its fresh but has a little special feelingt it.
    These sound good though. You mean the new Cool Water #25 has more florals than any previous, or much richer basenotes? What would you say makes it more like GIT?

And about the Paul Smith (I like most of his sh!t), what's the dominanat notes?

I just sampled Cool Water Freeze Me and I came to the same conclusion about the fact that it is much closer to GIT. I thinnk it is actaully exactly like GIT. It is deeper than the original Cool Water, less sneeze inducers in the opening, a bit darker and more depth.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I wonder if any of these actually last.

I am very interested in all these JOOP editions and Paul Smith.