Code of Conduct

SC, CA, NV- Who knows where I'll be next?

Question Most Beautiful Fragrance for Men Revisited

I was reading an old thread in the men's forum about the most beautify men's Fragrance. I thought I would pop over here and get a new perspective with a twist. I am looking for a deeper insight. I think beautiful fragrances should induce an emotional reaction from those around you. SO, what do you think is the most beautiful male or uni fragrance AND what gut emotion or thought passes through your mind when you smell it?
    Last edited by Irish_Eyes; 1st April 2008 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: Most Beautiful Fragrance for Men Revisited

Oooops, posted into wrong forum,
    Last edited by silverbullet; 31st March 2008 at 10:54 PM.

"Oooops, posted into wrong forum"

Oh don't worry too much. The ladies do allow gentlemen in here on occasion, I hope. It is refreshing to read something besides the guys' view of the hobby/passion.

I've not smelled a mens/uni fragrance on a man that moved me. I've worn Molecule 01 (and would love to smell it on a man) and it makes me feel safe, secure, soothed- very comforting.

Molecule 01 seems interesting. From the reviews, the Ladies like it but the guys can't seem to smell it very much. However the sense of wellbeing that it seems to induce is noteworthy. It sounds right for an evening by the fireplace.

I think Gucci pour Homme is beautiful and comforting.. when i smell it I imagine the man who would wear this would be strong yet gentle and able to keep me safe and warm.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    I think Gucci pour Homme is beautiful and comforting.. when i smell it I imagine the man who would wear this would be strong yet gentle and able to keep me safe and warm.. :-)
    That's interesting as I've noticed a few men recently stated that this frag gave them feelings of unease, saying it evoked feelings of hopelessness and loss.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    That's interesting as I've noticed a few men recently stated that this frag gave them feelings of unease, saying it evoked feelings of hopelessness and loss.

wow, that is interesting.. mmm i wonder what thats all about!

Exclamation Re: Most Beautiful Fragrance for Men Revisited

"That's interesting as I've noticed a few men recently stated that this frag gave them feelings of unease, saying it evoked feelings of hopelessness and loss."

This is getting more interesting than I expected. This is one of my favorites, after it burns off the top notes. Out of curiosity I wonder if it is a personal feeling brought on by the scent of a "superior" male that is not them, some hidden note that brings back memories or some other mechanism.
    This is a great scent I wear just for my own enjoyment. I actually feel more alive when I wear it. It has been a good match for me. If you hear specific reasons please post them here or about others that cause the same effect. This is a most curious twist.

I vote for Guerlain's Vetiver. It is sexy yet comforting. Smells like a man in control, in a good way!

I like a lot of fragrances: Eau Savage, Terre d'Hermes, Dior Homme, Timbuktu, Fou d'Absinthe, Ambre Narguilé and, yes, Bandit.

This is very interesting, from my male perspective. I will have to try Gucci pour Homme again -- with the above comments in mind. My recollection is that is was (to my mind) sweet and rich, didn't evoke an emotional response, just not my style.
    "Beautiful" -- for me could go a couple of directions.
    Sheer joy, springtime hope and feel-good happiness is Mugler Cologne.
    A kind of effortless happiness with a more masculine verve would be Worth pour Homme and Jil Sander Man Pure (original, hard to find). Warm spice but not over-the-top rich.
    A dry relaxing lavender. L'Occitane by the company of the same name.
    In other words, these are a "breathe deep and enjoy the quiet time" scent.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by odysseusm; 23rd September 2008 at 03:34 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

It depends on chemistry,of course, but I love Le Male or Sienne L'Hiver
    on a man.Divine's L'Homme de Coeur and Dior Homme are both good too.

Irish Eyes... nice screen name Most beautiful perfume for man? Wow I think it is easier to express the meaning of life itself.

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    That's interesting as I've noticed a few men recently stated that [Gucci Pour Homme]gave them feelings of unease, saying it evoked feelings of hopelessness and loss.
    I would describe Gucci Pour Homme as a fairly "stark" fragrance, with a potential for hopelessness and loss. But I still think it's a masterpiece. It reminds me of a time when I was once staring at a giant wall of deep, blue ice on the side of Eiger in the Bernese Alps. The deep smell of wood in Gucci Pour Homme has the same sort of raw naturalness and quiet power about it. Lalique Encre Noire has much the same quality, actually.

Dior Homme for me.

This week I have smelled a rare thing - male work colleagues wearing cologne, and two of them at that. One is wearing a very nice mystery scent, and I think the other is wearing the divine Gucci pour Homme. I don't know them very well and have been reluctant to stop them in the corridor to ask about their fragrances. Nor do they ever ask about mine.

This is a real turn up for the books. I would not have put these two men down as fragrance fans. I see them in a new light. Suddenly they become more individual and interesting to me. I have imagined them at home making their fragrance choices for the day, and wondered what they like to smell themselves. They have been elevated from the crowd of blurred faces.

I adore the great dusty beauty of Dior Homme and wear it myself. Ditto Terre d'Hermes. I love to smell a man wearing a good fragrance, whatever it may be.

My update notification has apparently been on the blink. There are several replies I have missed.
    "I like a lot of fragrances: Eau Savage, Terre d'Hermes, Dior Homme, Timbuktu, Fou d'Absinthe, Ambre Narguilé and, yes, Bandit."

Wow I like all of these that I have tried. The one I have not tried yet is Fou d'Absinthe. I think I am in tune with this list. Each one gives a distinct "feeling" to the wearer and to the one perceiving the scent.

"Irish Eyes... nice screen name "
    It looks like we have similar ideas. To be Irish is great but the eyes of the Irish look deep into the soul.

"Dior Homme for me"
    I wore this one yesterday. It has an interesting paradox of being partly soothing but just on the outer realm of edginess. The calm before the storm?
    Last edited by Irish_Eyes; 23rd September 2008 at 12:21 PM.

"I love to smell a man wearing a good fragrance, whatever it may be."
    The allure of a mystery. I have to admit an interesting scent of a woman draws my interest. It does not need to be loud or complicated but hopefully reflects their own likes and desires. It can inspire the imagination.

Blog Entries

Rochas Monsieur Concentree (original formula).

My reaction: it makes me want to take me out to dinner, get me drunk, take advantage of myself, and still respect myself in the morning.

Others' reactions: smells nice; that's great!; god that smells good; wow, what are you wearing. Etc. Never received a bad comment when wearing it.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Basenotes Plus

I don't think I could limit it to just one fragrance. However...I LOVE the smell of vetiver on men, add a touch of birch tar & WOW!
    Yep..that'll be heavenly for me.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Eau Sauvage and/or the original Armani pour homme.

Perfection.

Oh ... and add Chanel Pour Monsieur to that list.

I like 'em smelling *clean*

Yup, that is my No 2 fave, and my friend's husband wears both, rotating them carefully for me through the year. I have to experience having a "fragrant spouse" vicariously, on account of my own partner eschewing all scented products bar Palmolive soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Rochas Monsieur Concentree (original formula).

My reaction: it makes me want to take me out to dinner, get me drunk, take advantage of myself, and still respect myself in the morning.
    Hoos: You so crack me up.

Beautiful fragrances for men that I've found are Tiffany for Men and Dior Homme. They are not necessarily sexy fragrances, but are transportative and refined. I also think Fahrenheit (old formulation) and Derby are beautiful fragrances, but have more sex-appeal to me. Beautiful and aesthetic seem to go hand in hand for me. "Beautiful" connotes almost an untouchable, virginal aspect to me, and seems like there should be a lot of austerity and coolness to it. Bois d'Iris is also beautiful to me. The heat of Musc Ravageur, which is also a wonderful fragrance to me, doesn't feel like an aesthetic creation for it's own sake, but more of a sensual mood fragrance. I think all of these as beautiful fragrances, just for different reasons.

I think I'm more confused now than when I started.

Smile Re: Most Beautiful Fragrance for Men Revisited

"My reaction: it makes me want to take me out to dinner, get me drunk, take advantage of myself, and still respect myself in the morning."

How does your significant other spend her evenings? <grin>

"Bois d'Iris"

When I smell iris I get a calm reassuring feeling. I don't know if it is stirring old memories from childhood or what the stimulus might be. Bois d'Argent is a little sweet but has a stunning effect on me.