Code of Conduct

Default TOP SECRET: Bond No.9's Euro Series Revealed!

It's been a long while since I was able to uncover any juicy tidbits in the fragrance worlds (see this post and this post for previous finds), but fortunately I was able to come up with something big!

Through countless hours of snooping through company emails and hidden files on webservers, I was able to uncover this still-incomplete press release showing Bond No.9's plans to expand their range from New York-themed fragrances to European-inspired works, and even mentions some new New York fragrances. Without further ado, I bring you:

Paris: 38 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie by Bond No.9

Bond No.9 Announces New Line of European-Themed Fragrances

New York (10 April, 2008) - After 5 successful years of New York based fragrances, Laurice Rahme and Bond No. 9 are pleased to announce an exciting expansion to the product line, this time focusing on the distinct essences of European locales. "We have enjoyed great success from our New York line of fragrances, but it's time to expand," notes Mrs. Rahme. "We will continue to release fragrances in the New York line, such as the upcoming Old Gansevoort Market and Eau de Hudson, but we are putting fresh new energy into the Euro line."

"It was very hard to determine exactly where we should kick off the line," Mrs. Rahme continues. "I've made a lot of money in the last couple years, and have been able to travel all across Europe. There are some really inspiring places, each with their own unique character and smells, but I keep coming back to one place that really stands out for me. In Paris, going down the Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie, I notice the most wonderful of aromas from one of the shops. It's really arresting, and it's the aura of fragrance that seems most ingrained in my memories. In fact, even before I started the New York line, this is the aroma that got me noticing just how good locations can smell. You could go as far to say this was, in fact, my whole inspiration for entering the fragrances business."

Mrs. Rahme's enthusiasm led to the consultation with expert noses to recreate the wonderful bouquet emanating out to the avenue in Paris. The majority of the scent composition was done by a man Mrs. Rahme would only identify as "Olivier," but it was tweaked in-house by Bond No. 9's full-time fragrance staff. Though no fragrance notes were given, it is said to be, "classical, in the European sense, but also simultaneously modern and avant garde."

Because this is a new product line, Mrs. Rahme felt it was appropriate to have a corresponding bespoke bottle. After long hours in the art studio, a design was finally settled upon. "The new bottle really sets the European message we're trying to convey here," says Ana Recksic, lead physical artist for Bond No. 9, "and I'm sure many people will enjoy it and find it a good fit in their high-end fragrance collections." Current pricing is unavailable, but expected to be "moderately more" than than the New York line due to higher-quality ingredients and perceived scarcity. 38 Pierre 1er de Serbie, Paris is expected to launch in late summer, with other European-themed fragrances following shortly after.

Bond No. 9 is among the fastest-growing fragrances houses in the world, with annual sales exceeding [ATTN: Laurice, please put latest inflated sales figures here and finish the section before the deadline, thanks]

Ha! Looks like the press secretary took the day off! Here's an image I found to go along with the press release:

APRIL FOOLS!

Default Re: TOP SECRET: Bond No.9's Euro Series Revealed!

Is it just me or does the bottle look awfully like... Creed?

Is this a joke?

Thumbs up Re: TOP SECRET: Bond No.9's Euro Series Revealed!

^1st...
    I've been thinking that Creed should come out with a blueishpurple gradient bottle(like Orig. Santal & Orig. Vetiver), with of course a scent to match using Freesia, GIT's florals, and lots of different mints up top.

2nd...

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

April Fools is tommorow.....=)

P.S you went over the top with the bottle design and the 'Oliver' angle, otherwise it would have seemed somewhat plausible...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

There are some pretty interesting things floating around on the web. Today I found a new image of the Shroud of Turin:

Luca, that is.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 1st April 2008 at 03:39 AM.

Well, Stuffman, you are aware about all the controversy tidbits with Olivier and Laurice
    That`s great fun to know...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

In other news, the haughty Laurice Rahme has decided to pack up her bags and move back to Paris, ridding NYC of her parisian ingenuity...
    -

Ohhhhh how I could elaborate on the Creed/Bond no. 9 story. I did some artlcles on with Bond and Laurice and met Oliver through her back b4 the days of Bond no. 9. Sadly, I'm not drunk enough. But lets just say the stark similarities don't surprise me from the first whiff of Chez Bond to this.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 1st April 2008 at 05:33 AM.

I was going to point out that now the countries of Europe will have to watch out or Ms. Rahme will copyright/trademark the names of their countries and then sue them to make yet more money. She has been targeting small niche perfume houses in the US at the moment. Sorry Liz (http://www.lizzorn.com/), I just had to bring it up again!

But...it is April 1. If that bottle isn't real, you are a photoshop genius!
    Last edited by paintrman; 1st April 2008 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post

APRIL FOOLS!

I knew it was a joke because I clicked on the other threads, the Sean John thing was hilarious too :P

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Ohhhhh how I could elaborate on the Creed/Bond no. 9 story. I did some artlcles on with Bond and Laurice and met Oliver through her back b4 the days of Bond no. 9. Sadly, I'm not drunk enough. But lets just say the stark similarities don't surprise me from the first whiff of Chez Bond to this.

Cheers,
    Al
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can't hold out...add fuel to our fires!

Hahahahahaha looks like I'm an April Fool!

This was a good one !

Hilarious! Also, good job with the bottle, it looks almost real!

Absolutely brilliant! Also the shroud of Luca Turin! LOL!

I loved it too. Thanks for making my day!

I liked this part: Mrs. Rahme continues. "I've made a lot of money in the last couple years, and have been able to travel all across Europe.

Poor woman could not travel all these years!!!

egad.. you got me on this one

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather