Code of Conduct

Default Best perfume for 1st day in new job

I normally wear Narciso Rodriguez when going to interviews etc. It seems to work well. I recently resigned from my permanent job, and started a temp job yesterday, but I left today because I was offered a job in television. It's also temp, but could go permanent. I haven't been interviewed for this one, but it's a truly wonderful opportunity, and I want to make a good first impression. I could go with Narciso Rodriguez, as a 'safe' bet, but wanted to ask you good people for suggestions. Obviously, without wardrobe info, you won't know what I have, but that's OK, any suggestions that I do already have I will happily consider. I'm tempted to wear Le Dix, but I think it might be a bit heavy and overpowering. Other possibilities might be Le Baiser du Dragon, or Coco Mademoiselle. Or...another nice safe one...Infusion d'Iris. I already wear these a lot though. Perhaps I should wade through some of the fragrances I wear less frequently and go for something light. What do you all think?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Default Re: Best perfume for 1st day in new job

Choose what you feel confident wearing. New jobs can be a bit un-nerving, so just go for something YOU LOVE! Best of luck to you Clemmie! Let us know how it goes.

I agree with wearing something you love. Whichever one you choose will beautiful because you love it. I totally understand your feelings about For Her. It is one that I wear as a 'safe bet' but only because it is such a lovely fragrance and I do love to recognise it on others too. Good luck!

I don't know why I didn't think of this one: my bespoke perfume, Recital. It's the perfect choice, because it's mine and mine alone, and it smells fabulous on me. Also, not too overpowering, and I have a decant to pop in my handbag. Thanks for the encouragement and advice, it really helped!
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I'll be interviewing people for a job later today. I'm the interviewer and I'm wearing what I thought would give me a good start to the day - Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal.

Good luck Clemmie.

Funny isn't it? I immediately thought of your bespoke perfume as the perfect thing to wear for your first day. Or possibly Ambre Sultan as you mentioned that is a comfort scent for you.
    A job in telly, eh?
    Hope it's something terribly exciting and enjoyable. Member of the BBC Orchestra or something like that. Of course, we'll all be nagging you for gossip now... (What does Sir David Attenborough smell like etc etc)(I've got a bit of a crush on him.)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I used to wear Chanel No 5 edt as my work scent. Aldehydes may be a bit passe' now, I'm not sure, but it was really perfect at the time.

If you wear Narciso Rodrigues spray it just softly, do not use it too much, this fragrance is very strong.
    Or Coco Mademoisele is good choice as well. In general, i think for first day in a new job you should use your fragrance just very softly because the first impression is very important and too strong perfume does not always make a good impression at workplace.
    Anyway if you want to another suggestions
    In my opinion soft frangrances which are always suitable for work are: She from Armani, Eau d Issey, from Issey Miyake or Mania from Armani.

Good look with your job.
    All the best.

Gabriela