Code of Conduct

Default Oh What The Heck... Infusion D'Iris

So my wife has had Prada's Infusion D'Iris for a while now - since her birthday last November to be exact. I've always coveted it and never tried it. I'd heard that Prada were rumoured to be bringing out a "male" version of the scent which would be good, I figured since Infusion D'Iris is spectacular.

And then, I took the plunge and decided to try it on my skin.

It smells bloody fantastic. It doesn't smell feminine in the way I'd expected it to and the way something like Bulgari's Rose Essientielle would still smell unmistakably female.

Infusion D'Iris on a male skin is completely different to the way it smells on a woman and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. There is a muskiness to the drydown that comes out on male skin which is not there on a woman, but the sharp iris notes punch through in a light aura from the skin.

I often hope that most of the male fragrances I buy will grab my attention the way this has. It's like discovering a new scent.

Prada don't need to produce a "male" version, they just need to butch up the packaging, stick "homme" on the front and stand by to make some money...

Default Re: Oh What The Heck... Infusion D'Iris

Well, Ive long thought the I d'I was incredibly unisex (but what isn't) and was surprised to hear that Prada was going to release a men's version. Not that Im complaining, as I adore Iris. But they really did not need to make a new one. It should have been marketed to both from the start. There is nothing that makes it distinctly feminine - its just a clean, classic smell.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDavid View Post
    Well, Ive long thought the I d'I was incredibly unisex (but what isn't) and was surprised to hear that Prada was going to release a men's version. Not that Im complaining, as I adore Iris. But they really did not need to make a new one. It should have been marketed to both from the start. There is nothing that makes it distinctly feminine - its just a clean, classic smell.

Glad to hear it's not just me then!

I agree, it should have been marketed as unisex.

Would you have any idea about how it compares to, say.. Dior Homme?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Yes, I do actually. I didn't like Dior Homme at first, but it kind of grew on me. Although much is made of the Iris notes in Dior Homme, I just don't see them to be honest, I think the opening lemon sherbet blast fades way too quickly into a floral midrange which to my nose disappears way too fast in to a gourmandy vanilla/cocoa base.

I am currently looking for a bottle of Dior Homme because I do like the memory of it. But it's not to my nose an Iris scent the way that Infusion D'Iris is. As a man wearing it, I would underspray on it rather than go for overkill. It is delicious though.

Just as a cheeky afterthought I combined a bit of Infusion D'Iris with a smidgeon of Eau D'Hermes, that little bit of dirtiness underneath the Infusion D'Iris is a bit stunning actually...

I'd have to agree with you, although when I mentioned that, I got a weird 'Do you really think so' face from my SA :S I'm still gonna try it out on my skin one day