Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics

I just received a GIT as a gift, that I am 99% sure is a fake. I've owned a GIT for a couple of years that I purchased from an independent internet vendor that I believe is real and smells great. Unfortunately I am running out, and my gf with all good intentions got me another for my birthday, but purchased from ebay. Upon opening and smelling I knew something was dodgy.

I wanted to post some comparative photos both for your comments and as a resource for those who might be wondering if their GIT is fake. Some different points are made than those in the previous thread (ie. this one does not have the infamous 'green frich tweed'). It is possible that some changes have been made to the packaging, and I'd like your opinions on what is truly fake, and what has actually officially changed in subsequent editions of the scent.

In all the photos, the fake GIT is pictured on the left, and the real one on the right. Pics are slightly distorted due to use of 28mm lens.

1) The back. The fake has creed logos embossed throughout the cardboard, while real is textured and slightly thicker. Note the fake correctly has a date stamped.

2) Closeup of the text on the back. I didn't look closely, however there appears to be none of the spelling inconsistencies others have noted.

3) The front. The obvious difference is the one on the right has a gold border around the front plate as well as the crest in gold.

4) In this one you can see the lid on the left does not sit flush with the bottle. The lids were pushed down as far as possible.

5) The creed logo on the right is shiny black, whereas it is the same matte paint as the rest of the bottle on the left. The paint on the fake also feels slightly different; a bit rougher when running a finger over it instead of a nice smooth texture.

6) On top of the cap, the crest is clearly less defined and lower quality.

7) On the spray mechanism, the real creed logo lines up with the nozzle, but on the left it is misaligned.

8) The seal where the spray meets the bottle is joined nicely on the right, but not connected properly on the left.

9) Here you can see the pumps are a different shape.

10) Note the different colouring around the spray.

11) All the cards provided.

12) The card on the right is printed on the same textured cardboard as the rest of the box. The left uses thinner cardboard, and has no texture or embossed logos.

13) A more subtle one, both are printed in arabic, however the dark fibres running throughout the paper are more dense on the real sample than the fake.

Most importantly the scent of the fake is terrible, it faintly resembles GIT, but has a predominant bitter, acrid smell.

Do others agree I've got a fake? Points 5, 6 and 8 are probably the strongest indication. I'd welcome comments about which things could be used to correctly spot a fake, as opposed to changes in packaging, since the first one I got is dated 2003 and the new one 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics

One thing to note is because the authentic bottle is 2003, the box is a bit different now. New boxes do have that high embossing of the logo all over.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

i hate how here at work sometimes my internet explorer displays pictures but most of the time i can't see them.

Wow great job. Even though I don't buy from ebay, these are fun pics to look at. I am sorry your gf got ripped off, but thank you for posting the pictures.

I would say it is authentic. A few years ago my girlfriend did the exact same thing, bought GIT off of ebay and it turned out to be the Green Frich Tweed. The pictures you showed look nothing like my fake, which is a one piece cap and noticeably different sprayer.

Yeah, my Frich was different as well. They've made the bottles closer to the real thing now...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Thank you tomtom for posting those pictures. They're very helpful.
    1) Is it possible to post a picture of the bottom of the bottles too? I wonder if there's supposed to be any writing/printing or a sticker.
    2) Does the etched code on the bottom edge of the bottle appear on the box?
    3) What's on the bottom flap of the box itself?
    Thanks
    RM

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread.
    We should have a fake creed sticky, both to divert would be new-topic-starting no-searching MF's, and to inform anyone who comes thru.

Post Thanks / Like

The cap stamp, the different atomizer pumps, and the misaligned Creed logo on the top of the sprayer head are the biggest issues for me. I just checked, and every single one of my bottles has the Creed logo directly lined up with the sprayer head, and none of them have that other style of atomizer pump. The cap stamp and the raised logo on the bottle itself are red flags, but, along with the material of the inserts and packaging, there is some slight variation along the years.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

fantastic resource, I used it to confirm that my recent purchase of himalaya is real via the spray nozzle photos, thank you again!

Just when I was about to get pissed about another "fake" thread, I find some merrit in your post because you provided us with the evidence. The box and bottle on the left looks fake to me. Now, save your money and buy from Neimans to gurantee the product!

Question:
    Is there supposed to be any writing or a label at the bottom of the bottle itself? I mean besides the etched number on the edge.
    Thanks
    RM

can I suggest to the moderators that we sticky this thread? its actually the best one of its kind and its surely going to be usefull for many many people over the next year or two until Creed get this rampant fake market thing sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    can I suggest to the moderators that we sticky this thread? its actually the best one of its kind and its surely going to be usefull for many many people over the next year or two until Creed get this rampant fake market thing sorted out?
    I second this motion. These fake creed threads are getting too numerous.

I have a number of Creeds, and all match the pictures on the right of the atomiser etc. But, in several cases the gold inset Fleur de Lis, which is a separate moulding in the cap, is not brilliantly defined. On others it is fully defined. So I agree with those who say it's the atomiser that is the give away, several of the other pictures are much less significant, and need to be considered in relation to the other features, age of the product etc, bearing in mind we are dealing with low volume, 'artisanal' production.
    No doubt the forgers will now be beavering away at altering their atomisers...

Hmmm....

I have a 2004 GIT I purchased from FragranceNet.com - which I believe to be a reputable seller.
    My box is like your box on the left (embossed without a gold border).
    My bottle is like your bottle on the right (good spray mechanism, cap and fit).

Most importantly... the juice smells EXACTLY like the Creed sample I received from a reputable source.

Perhaps there is a bit of variation from year to year?
    I don't think the box indicia is convincing, however the bottle is another story... as is the fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your most informative post.

I'd like to get one of these fake bottles of GIT. Does anybody know the cheapest Ebay source of a good quality fake? I wouldn't want to wind up with the real thing.
    Renato

Renato: "I'd like to get one of these fake bottles of GIT. Does anybody know the cheapest Ebay source of a good quality fake? I wouldn't want to wind up with the real thing."

Entaprizes might be a "good" (LOL) source. Frequently offering alternating batches of SMW's and MI's starting as low as US$19.99. Quality of boxes are better than the bottle though.
    RM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Entaprizes might be a "good" (LOL) source. Frequently offering alternating batches of SMW's and MI's starting as low as US$19.99. Quality of boxes are better than the bottle though.
    RM
    Thanks, I tried finding anything by the seller Entaprizes on Ebay, but couldn't find anything.

I'm trying to justify the purchase of the fakes in my mind (other than idle curiosity). Perhaps they could be left out as decoys for any refined breaking-and-enterers who were after my scents?
    Renato

I checked. He's vanished. The name is correct but he has nothing on right now. Wait till he reincarnates himself. I guess he got caught too many times and made enough money while at it. The classic e-bay technique. That's why I stay away, besiedes the rediculous prices that some other sellers are asking for. Why would I bother?
    RM

Well, if you're broke, you have curve, cool water, halston unbound, and then a bottle of Green Frich Tweed on your shelf to impress people when they come over. "Oh! Green Irish Tweed! My Daddy wears that! That's REALLY EXPENSIVE! Do me now big boy!"
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    "Oh! Green Irish Tweed! My Daddy wears that! That's REALLY EXPENSIVE! Do me now big boy!"
    I can see some merit in what you suggest.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th April 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all..need help...and i knw, the veyr mention of creed sends across a wave of hatred and tht too a thread on fake creeds would just blow the roof out...but hey...i knw you all wont mind and accomodate me a bit...

i got Creed Himalaya off late...here are the pics...its a 4.0oz and leaks after every spritz...also the logo on the spritzer is not aligned with the nozzle...now the liquid seems pretty genuine and i realyl love it...but the above two aspects made me wonder if im wrong....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1029.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1033.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1035.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1036.jpg

thnx all for your time...

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say genuine but the last picture left me undecided... The base of the sprayer is a good bit narrower than the spritzer itself. On my store-bought GIT they are much more aligned:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5103/dsc01473gk6.jpg

Please excuse the picture quality. Second, I don't know whether a genuine bottle of Himalaya has a black sprayer (but this could very well be, I just don't know).

EDIT: I also noticed that the embossed logo on the cap is upside down compared to my bottles of Creed.
    Last edited by Merlino; 5th May 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I've never seen a Himalaya bottle with a black sprayer. It looks like they filled it up and put a sprayer from another bottle on it.

Post Thanks / Like

the spritzer does have the creed logo...

Post Thanks / Like

I've also never seen a bottle of Himalaya with a black spritzer - it's always been silver (matching the bottle).

Does it smell like the real thing?

I too, have bought on Ebay. The GIT that I got does smell good; but I must spray 4 times and it only last a couple of hours. I do not believe it to be real. I'm thinking of buying another bottle to compare. Where is the best shop. Don't buy on Ebay!!!

Post Thanks / Like

the year embossed behind box is 2005. it does have th lot no. etal. mentioned.
    Last edited by jenson; 6th May 2008 at 03:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    I've also never seen a bottle of Himalaya with a black spritzer - it's always been silver (matching the bottle).

Does it smell like the real thing?
    well its very very very close to the way its been described here in BN..the similarities with XS, the heavy rich musky cloud..the touch of pepper etal..the projection is quite strong the initial hour or two with pretty decent sillage thereafter..the spray too is pretty full...so smell wise i doubt if its a fake..although, i have never sniffed himalaya before. but hey, i have tried the Unforgivable and its dry down gave me the hint on why its called a creed copy..
    Last edited by jenson; 6th May 2008 at 03:44 AM.

I have a 4oz Himalaya with a black atomizer that I got through Fragrancenet ... serial number ground off the back of the bottle, but its definitely the real thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondR View Post
    I have a 4oz Himalaya with a black atomizer that I got through Fragrancenet ... serial number ground off the back of the bottle, but its definitely the real thing.
    wow! thnx for posting Rich!!

Post Thanks / Like

sorry bout this guys...but i noticed one more flaw..the spelling of Paris is mispelled as "Raris" at the bottom of the bottle...now is tht a concern or is it a technical snatch at Creed end ...

Post Thanks / Like

Just yesterday I received what I believe to be fake Creed MI from Ebay.

I noticed there is "RARIS" on the bottom, not "PARIS".(!!!)
    Also there's a clear plastic sticker sealing the box
    flap shut (why?). Plus the color of the plastic sprayer is different (white vs black). No grey history pamplet inside, and rather unclear inprint on the face of the bottle. No lot number printed on the bottle (one's on the box, though). And the scent is kinda like Nautica Competition, which is to say lemony and harsh and bitter. Not sweet, smooth and orangey (ala bergamot).

All this I deduced after comparing to my real MI 4 ouncer. I guess smells will vary with Creed, but this one's not that close really. But "RARIS"?! How could Parisians misspell their own burg? And let it out into the market, grey or otherwise?

Comments?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Echo777 View Post
    Just yesterday I received what I believe to be fake Creed MI from Ebay.

All this I deduced after comparing to my real MI 4 ouncer. I guess smells will vary with Creed, but this one's not that close really. But "RARIS"?! How could Parisians misspell their own burg? And let it out into the market, grey or otherwise?

Comments?
    i didnt get wht u meant by the above...were the smell similar or way off track...

Post Thanks / Like

Way off...like the fake is lemony harsh and real MI is like orange richness. Not even like Unforgivable or Reaction. Regardless, the bottle is clearly marred with typos and the business card you get is weird. The oold Creed is fuzzy looking and he has black lips. the new Creed photo is low resolution and blurry. so, similarity of scent is a non issue: I want real MI, not a close fascimilie.

ok i just checked mine and they are the same as these fakes i got on ebay. i have the weird black sprayers on mine. i thought they were fakes anyway. the GIT says RARIS on the bottom but the himalaya with the black top says PARIS. the GIT seems like it lasts like an hour then gone even though it smells pretty good and close to real GIT. now i found one more weird thing with these fakes. someone confirm this please for me on theirs. on both my GIT and himalaya box look at the top where it says empereror FRANCIS JOSEPH the c in francis is supposed to have a squigly thing on the bottom of the C well on both my boxes with the black tops it says FRANCDIS JOSEPH where did that D come from???? this has to be fake.

someone with a black top on theirs tell me if thats on your box too. or people with a real box tell me if thats on there does it says FRANCIS or FRANCDIS

Post Thanks / Like

the spritzer mechanism, is the biggest giveaway..a pic of it would be helpful...also, a quick check..pull the sprayer to reveal the nozzle, now, you must a see a white ring surrounding the nozzle at the base of it.. picture no. 9 on top shows this clearly...

yeah i know i have the fake one in the pics just a black sprayer. i cant believe they went through this much trouble to make a fake this close to the real thing. i sprayed a ton of GIT on my wrist and went to neimens and sprayed the other wrist with the tester at neimans. it was pretty identical. the only thing i noticed is my ebay GIT from RARIS just didnt last as long and you need like 5 sprays of it to do anything. I think alot of people on here who say GIT is really weak have only had the stuff from RARIS. now my himalaya does actually say PARIS on the bottom now the only difference between a real box and this box like i said was on top of the box they spelled FRANCIS JOSEPH ....FRANCDIS joseph. i know mine is fake now after reading this thread. i really thought it was real at first. the cap is identical to a real cap except if you really look really close to the top the symbol is slightly different to a real one. oh and one more thing the himalaya smells so almost identical to the real thing i dont think anyone would really notice....thats why i think you dont see too many people complain about the himalaya as much as the GIT. the only difference really is it lasts slightly less then the real. other then that you get the same powdery peppery creed ink smell you get in a real creed. i am getting some more samples on ebay to compare with...i hope the samples arent fakes too lol. this is really getting rediculous. i am going to get a 2.5 imperial on scentiments this week if they have it in stock.... if its not in the new glass bottle and have a white piece in the sprayer then i am sending it back!!!!!!

i think i might just stick to bonds.....i have riverside drive i like....

you know of any bonds that smell lemony citrusy yet a bit spicy like creeds are?

bonds must have a creed copy.....they take every smell and make it better!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

i havent got a chance to sample any Bonds my freind i havent heard anyone compare Himalaya with any Bond as yet..however, i have read that

Chez Bond is similar to GIT
    Hamptons is similar to SMW

on lemony citrusy scents..i have "read" that Bonds Wall Street Matches your description...again, there are many here who could guide you on this..

Post Thanks / Like

People who sell fakes as authentic need to be publically flogged. Imo. Great thread and thanks for posting photos.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    i think i might just stick to bonds.....i have riverside drive i like....

you know of any bonds that smell lemony citrusy yet a bit spicy like creeds are?

bonds must have a creed copy.....they take every smell and make it better!!! lol

please try this search- bond+creed+similar in this forum...itll take you thru numerous threads discussed before and more.. cheers

bond+creed+similar
    Last edited by jenson; 1st September 2008 at 05:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hate to post on another thread on fake Creeds, but I can confirm Santal 4.0ounce and Vetiver 4.0ounce are now being sold on Ebay that are "made in china".
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    I hate to post on another thread on fake Creeds, but I can confirm Santal 4.0ounce and Vetiver 4.0ounce are now being sold on Ebay that are "made in china".
    Interesting observation.....I've noticed this myself the other day when searching for OS and OV that there was several sellers selling both of them (like five of each at one time) with a starting bid of 9.99 - they usually end up at 45 to 60 bucks. They must either have a really good connection to Olivier Creed himself where they can get real cheap stock from him or they are faked. Most internet retailers/discounters (who have good connection to wholesale dealers) are usually selling OS and OV for more than 120 bucks.

So now we know the following has definitely been faked at one time or another:

GIT
    MI
    SMW
    OV
    OS

Now can anyone confirm Himalaya being faked yet? I'm sure it have been faked but I wanted to make sure. How about VIW too?
    Last edited by Mindbrain; 3rd September 2008 at 12:42 AM.

yes i got a fake himalaya last week on ebay with the fake sprayer the exact same as the GIT. do a search on himalaya on ebay you will see all the people selling the GITs and OVs have himalaya too i bought it for like $50 thinking they didnt copy himalaya yet but they did. it smells almost like the real thing but stays on your skin for like 20 min unless you use like 7 sprays. even then it like stays with the overall scent and never developes as time goes on. definatly fake.

oh and the same girl that sold me the himalaya also sold about 10 spring flowers too so they are faking alot of them now.
    Last edited by dredmahawkus; 3rd September 2008 at 06:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It is probably safer to assume that any Creed you buy on eBay is fake unless you have good reason to believe it isn't.
    Last edited by surreality; 3rd September 2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    It is probably safer to assume that any Creed you buy on eBay is fake unless you have good reason to believe it isn't.
    Yeah, I don't understand why people buy Creed on ebay when they know that there are so many fakes out there? Just to save a couple of bucks? Is it worth potentially getting ripped off to save a few bucks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    yes i got a fake himalaya last week on ebay with the fake sprayer the exact same as the GIT. do a search on himalaya on ebay you will see all the people selling the GITs and OVs have himalaya too i bought it for like $50 thinking they didnt copy himalaya yet but they did. it smells almost like the real thing but stays on your skin for like 20 min unless you use like 7 sprays. even then it like stays with the overall scent and never developes as time goes on. definatly fake.

oh and the same girl that sold me the himalaya also sold about 10 spring flowers too so they are faking alot of them now.
    This whole faking Creed's on eBay thing can make a sane man insane! It used to be only GIT, MI and SMW......now you got so many to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand why people buy Creed on ebay when they know that there are so many fakes out there? Just to save a couple of bucks? Is it worth potentially getting ripped off to save a few bucks?
    Well sometimes you get lucky....and when you do get lucky, it feels real good....it's kinda fun taking that risk sometimes...lol

i didnt know anything about fake creeds before i went on my ebay creed excursion! till i found this site. thats how i found this site. when the creed didnt smell right and didnt evolve like creeds do i put a fake creed in the search and basenotes came up like 900 times. well i spent like $150 on fake creeds but today spent $90 on a real SMW ( it better be real after all this crap!) from scentiments today. again becasue of this board i found a reasonable place to buy it without spending $250 and having norman at neimans trying to sell me like 9 of them. thank you all for your posts you really helped me alot. just wish i found this before i found creed for $50 on ebay lol

Question: Do all authentic GIT black bottles have a serial number etched into the base like BdP, for example? The bottle does I purchased from Frangrancenet.com does not.

Holy ancient thread batman!

Some sellers remove the serial number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Holy ancient thread batman!

Some sellers remove the serial number.
    Yep. Sellers or manufacturers. See here for a discussion on this topic: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207192

Post Thanks / Like

very informative thanks for posting it
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

The thing to remember is that fakes arent always the bottles that say "Green Frich Tweed". The differences might be slim, even for the actual smell, but you might have a fake. Its like in the sneaker game. There are thousands and thousands of fakes going around, especially of rare and sought-after models, and the difference between a real and a counterfeit might be practically un-noticeable.
    The best thing would be to possibly email Creed directly and get their own version of how to tell a real bottle from a fake.

Okay, this is really bothering me.

1) There is no serial number on the 4oz black bottle of Creed GIT I got from Fragrancenet.com, period. I'd be happy if there were signs that it were ground off but there is no trace of this all, serial number just does not exist on this bottle.

2) Nozzle.... that checks out. White plastic interior, in alignment.

3) Glossy black painted Creed logo, check.

4) Plastic cap - 2 piece, check.

5) Box - it has a dull green felt on it, it does not say "Frish", but it also does not have the gold embossed crest or border. No date. The Creed logo embossing is very pronounced. Did not come with history pamphlet like that which came with the BdP I ordered a few months ago.

6) Called Fragrancenet.com, they really did not want to talk about this. Uh, I just wanted to know if it's real or not. The standard answer was, yes, it's real. "Send it back if you're not happy" is all they would say. I live overseas, this would be a pain in the arse.

7) If held up to a *very* strong light, it is very slightly purple.

I have CW here, so will have to do a side by side I guess. Seems like it should have a serial number nevertheless. What are the chances this is fake from Fragrancenet.com?

Creed is sold for about $30 on Ebay and all of us believe because it is cheap so it should be fake. So here are things that I like everyone to think about it.
    Creed is sold in Neiman for about $250 and is also sold for about $140 in perfumeworldwide or Perfume.com or fragrancex.com which are good companies. Does it mean that the those who sell $140 are 50% fake materials?
    I believe we all know that colognes have high markup. Even a regular shirt is sold 10 times more expensive in Neiman than other places. It does not make their products more authentic.
    Some say fake Creeds use cool water instead. So do you believe that there is no fake Cool water? So fake Creed is make of authentic Cool water?
    Let me give you another example. Movado watches are sold 50% cheaper in Macy's stores than Macy's online. Does it mean that Movado watches are 50% fake in store ? !!!!
    Here is my persoanl thoughts:
    It costs $5 to make Creed and not more. It gets huge markup and is sold $250 in Neiman for rich people and maybe at $500 in other stores for celebrities. But how many rich people or celebrities we have? 500? 1000? 2000? Creed can not live on that quantity. So they sell $15 Creeds on open market as fake Colognes and they sell 100K bottles in a month on Ebay.
    I believe when you pay $300 you want to believe it is authentic. I believe only rare people can differentiate real from fake and if you can not just live with fake ones.
    Last edited by colognebug; 29th August 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colognebug View Post
    Creed is sold for about $30 on Ebay and all of us believe because it is cheap so it should be fake. So here are things that I like everyone to think about it.
    Creed is sold in Neiman for about $250 and is also sold for about $140 in perfumeworldwide or Perfume.com or fragrancex.com which are good companies. Does it mean that the those who sell $140 are 50% fake materials?
    I believe we all know that colognes have high markup. Even a regular shirt is sold 10 times more expensive in Neiman than other places. It does not make their products more authentic.
    Some say fake Creeds use cool water instead. So do you believe that there is no fake Cool water? So fake Creed is make of authentic Cool water?
    Let me give you another example. Movado watches are sold 50% cheaper in Macy's stores than Macy's online. Does it mean that Movado watches are 50% fake in store ? !!!!
    Here is my persoanl thoughts:
    It costs $5 to make Creed and not more. It gets huge markup and is sold $250 in Neiman for rich people and maybe at $500 in other stores for celebrities. But how many rich people or celebrities we have? 500? 1000? 2000? Creed can not live on that quantity. So they sell $15 Creeds on open market as fake Colognes and they sell 100K bottles in a month on Ebay.
    I believe when you pay $300 you want to believe it is authentic. I believe only rare people can differentiate real from fake and if you can not just live with fake ones.
    We all know production costs vs the marked up price at this day and age I reckon, but I tend not to believe conspiracy theories such as the one you provided. Certain parts of your post, I found a little difficult to make too much sense of. There are fake coolwaters, but when you want a GIT and got real Cool water, it still sucks. Don't and I mean don't believe the marketing ploys of Creed that lead you to assume they target only the rich and famous. Haven't you seen them in certain drug stores already? Would Creed make fake bottles with so much discrepancies in details? Makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by MFJ; 30th August 2009 at 01:08 AM.

If I take lots of pics from my Creed Bottle and the box, and post it online, will you be able to tell whether it is fake or not and why?. It is Santal (red one)

Quote Originally Posted by colognebug View Post
    If I take lots of pics from my Creed Bottle and the box, and post it online, will you be able to tell whether it is fake or not and why?. It is Santal (red one)
    Would you ask a rethorical question?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Th Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!