Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics

I just received a GIT as a gift, that I am 99% sure is a fake. I've owned a GIT for a couple of years that I purchased from an independent internet vendor that I believe is real and smells great. Unfortunately I am running out, and my gf with all good intentions got me another for my birthday, but purchased from ebay. Upon opening and smelling I knew something was dodgy.

I wanted to post some comparative photos both for your comments and as a resource for those who might be wondering if their GIT is fake. Some different points are made than those in the previous thread (ie. this one does not have the infamous 'green frich tweed'). It is possible that some changes have been made to the packaging, and I'd like your opinions on what is truly fake, and what has actually officially changed in subsequent editions of the scent.

In all the photos, the fake GIT is pictured on the left, and the real one on the right. Pics are slightly distorted due to use of 28mm lens.

1) The back. The fake has creed logos embossed throughout the cardboard, while real is textured and slightly thicker. Note the fake correctly has a date stamped.

2) Closeup of the text on the back. I didn't look closely, however there appears to be none of the spelling inconsistencies others have noted.

3) The front. The obvious difference is the one on the right has a gold border around the front plate as well as the crest in gold.

4) In this one you can see the lid on the left does not sit flush with the bottle. The lids were pushed down as far as possible.

5) The creed logo on the right is shiny black, whereas it is the same matte paint as the rest of the bottle on the left. The paint on the fake also feels slightly different; a bit rougher when running a finger over it instead of a nice smooth texture.

6) On top of the cap, the crest is clearly less defined and lower quality.

7) On the spray mechanism, the real creed logo lines up with the nozzle, but on the left it is misaligned.

8) The seal where the spray meets the bottle is joined nicely on the right, but not connected properly on the left.

9) Here you can see the pumps are a different shape.

10) Note the different colouring around the spray.

11) All the cards provided.

12) The card on the right is printed on the same textured cardboard as the rest of the box. The left uses thinner cardboard, and has no texture or embossed logos.

13) A more subtle one, both are printed in arabic, however the dark fibres running throughout the paper are more dense on the real sample than the fake.

Most importantly the scent of the fake is terrible, it faintly resembles GIT, but has a predominant bitter, acrid smell.

Do others agree I've got a fake? Points 5, 6 and 8 are probably the strongest indication. I'd welcome comments about which things could be used to correctly spot a fake, as opposed to changes in packaging, since the first one I got is dated 2003 and the new one 2005.

Default Re: Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics

One thing to note is because the authentic bottle is 2003, the box is a bit different now. New boxes do have that high embossing of the logo all over.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

i hate how here at work sometimes my internet explorer displays pictures but most of the time i can't see them.

Wow great job. Even though I don't buy from ebay, these are fun pics to look at. I am sorry your gf got ripped off, but thank you for posting the pictures.

I would say it is authentic. A few years ago my girlfriend did the exact same thing, bought GIT off of ebay and it turned out to be the Green Frich Tweed. The pictures you showed look nothing like my fake, which is a one piece cap and noticeably different sprayer.

Yeah, my Frich was different as well. They've made the bottles closer to the real thing now...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Thank you tomtom for posting those pictures. They're very helpful.
    1) Is it possible to post a picture of the bottom of the bottles too? I wonder if there's supposed to be any writing/printing or a sticker.
    2) Does the etched code on the bottom edge of the bottle appear on the box?
    3) What's on the bottom flap of the box itself?
    Thanks
    RM

Great thread.
    We should have a fake creed sticky, both to divert would be new-topic-starting no-searching MF's, and to inform anyone who comes thru.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

The cap stamp, the different atomizer pumps, and the misaligned Creed logo on the top of the sprayer head are the biggest issues for me. I just checked, and every single one of my bottles has the Creed logo directly lined up with the sprayer head, and none of them have that other style of atomizer pump. The cap stamp and the raised logo on the bottle itself are red flags, but, along with the material of the inserts and packaging, there is some slight variation along the years.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

fantastic resource, I used it to confirm that my recent purchase of himalaya is real via the spray nozzle photos, thank you again!

Just when I was about to get pissed about another "fake" thread, I find some merrit in your post because you provided us with the evidence. The box and bottle on the left looks fake to me. Now, save your money and buy from Neimans to gurantee the product!

Question:
    Is there supposed to be any writing or a label at the bottom of the bottle itself? I mean besides the etched number on the edge.
    Thanks
    RM

can I suggest to the moderators that we sticky this thread? its actually the best one of its kind and its surely going to be usefull for many many people over the next year or two until Creed get this rampant fake market thing sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    can I suggest to the moderators that we sticky this thread? its actually the best one of its kind and its surely going to be usefull for many many people over the next year or two until Creed get this rampant fake market thing sorted out?
    I second this motion. These fake creed threads are getting too numerous.

I have a number of Creeds, and all match the pictures on the right of the atomiser etc. But, in several cases the gold inset Fleur de Lis, which is a separate moulding in the cap, is not brilliantly defined. On others it is fully defined. So I agree with those who say it's the atomiser that is the give away, several of the other pictures are much less significant, and need to be considered in relation to the other features, age of the product etc, bearing in mind we are dealing with low volume, 'artisanal' production.
    No doubt the forgers will now be beavering away at altering their atomisers...

Hmmm....

I have a 2004 GIT I purchased from FragranceNet.com - which I believe to be a reputable seller.
    My box is like your box on the left (embossed without a gold border).
    My bottle is like your bottle on the right (good spray mechanism, cap and fit).

Most importantly... the juice smells EXACTLY like the Creed sample I received from a reputable source.

Perhaps there is a bit of variation from year to year?
    I don't think the box indicia is convincing, however the bottle is another story... as is the fragrance.

Thanks for your most informative post.

I'd like to get one of these fake bottles of GIT. Does anybody know the cheapest Ebay source of a good quality fake? I wouldn't want to wind up with the real thing.
    Renato

Renato: "I'd like to get one of these fake bottles of GIT. Does anybody know the cheapest Ebay source of a good quality fake? I wouldn't want to wind up with the real thing."

Entaprizes might be a "good" (LOL) source. Frequently offering alternating batches of SMW's and MI's starting as low as US$19.99. Quality of boxes are better than the bottle though.
    RM

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Entaprizes might be a "good" (LOL) source. Frequently offering alternating batches of SMW's and MI's starting as low as US$19.99. Quality of boxes are better than the bottle though.
    RM
    Thanks, I tried finding anything by the seller Entaprizes on Ebay, but couldn't find anything.

I'm trying to justify the purchase of the fakes in my mind (other than idle curiosity). Perhaps they could be left out as decoys for any refined breaking-and-enterers who were after my scents?
    Renato

I checked. He's vanished. The name is correct but he has nothing on right now. Wait till he reincarnates himself. I guess he got caught too many times and made enough money while at it. The classic e-bay technique. That's why I stay away, besiedes the rediculous prices that some other sellers are asking for. Why would I bother?
    RM

Well, if you're broke, you have curve, cool water, halston unbound, and then a bottle of Green Frich Tweed on your shelf to impress people when they come over. "Oh! Green Irish Tweed! My Daddy wears that! That's REALLY EXPENSIVE! Do me now big boy!"
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    "Oh! Green Irish Tweed! My Daddy wears that! That's REALLY EXPENSIVE! Do me now big boy!"
    I can see some merit in what you suggest.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th April 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Hi all..need help...and i knw, the veyr mention of creed sends across a wave of hatred and tht too a thread on fake creeds would just blow the roof out...but hey...i knw you all wont mind and accomodate me a bit...

i got Creed Himalaya off late...here are the pics...its a 4.0oz and leaks after every spritz...also the logo on the spritzer is not aligned with the nozzle...now the liquid seems pretty genuine and i realyl love it...but the above two aspects made me wonder if im wrong....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1029.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1033.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1035.jpg
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...5/100_1036.jpg

thnx all for your time...

I was going to say genuine but the last picture left me undecided... The base of the sprayer is a good bit narrower than the spritzer itself. On my store-bought GIT they are much more aligned:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5103/dsc01473gk6.jpg

Please excuse the picture quality. Second, I don't know whether a genuine bottle of Himalaya has a black sprayer (but this could very well be, I just don't know).

EDIT: I also noticed that the embossed logo on the cap is upside down compared to my bottles of Creed.
    Last edited by Merlino; 5th May 2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I've never seen a Himalaya bottle with a black sprayer. It looks like they filled it up and put a sprayer from another bottle on it.

the spritzer does have the creed logo...

I've also never seen a bottle of Himalaya with a black spritzer - it's always been silver (matching the bottle).

Does it smell like the real thing?

I too, have bought on Ebay. The GIT that I got does smell good; but I must spray 4 times and it only last a couple of hours. I do not believe it to be real. I'm thinking of buying another bottle to compare. Where is the best shop. Don't buy on Ebay!!!

the year embossed behind box is 2005. it does have th lot no. etal. mentioned.
    Last edited by jenson; 6th May 2008 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    I've also never seen a bottle of Himalaya with a black spritzer - it's always been silver (matching the bottle).

Does it smell like the real thing?
    well its very very very close to the way its been described here in BN..the similarities with XS, the heavy rich musky cloud..the touch of pepper etal..the projection is quite strong the initial hour or two with pretty decent sillage thereafter..the spray too is pretty full...so smell wise i doubt if its a fake..although, i have never sniffed himalaya before. but hey, i have tried the Unforgivable and its dry down gave me the hint on why its called a creed copy..
    Last edited by jenson; 6th May 2008 at 03:44 AM.