Code of Conduct

Default Creed Huile Parfumées, Candles, Deodorants, Room Sprays

I see there's a "huile parfumée" (perfumed oil) line from Creed for some of their fragrances. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they non-alcohol based? What's the effect/purpose of these? Longer lasting, less sillage? Higher concentration?

And has anyone tried Creed deodorants, and candles, room sprays etc? Do the deodorants and candles smell anything like the fragrances they're named for? Will your whole house smell like GIT if you have a GIT candle? How long does such a candle last?

And the room sprays are separate fragrances - are any of them any good?
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Huile Parfumées, Candles, Deodorants, Room Sprays

excellent questions I'd love to see answered.

I was at NM the other day and noticed a "Huile" bottle, only having heard of one on basenotes before, but I guess they are not a rarity (anymore?).

I'm curious about the candles too. I'm guessing they're too expensive though.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I'm a huge fan of Creed shower gels and candles. My favorite shower gel is Erolfa. As you can imagine, being surrounded by water and Erolfa is a marriage made in heaven. The amount of fragrance in the gels is outstand and yes, they smell just like the originals.
    The candles that I love, Pekin Imperial and Riviera Flowers, do not correspond to any signature scents - but they very rich and deep. They are so over priced that I rarely have them.
    You can often find the shower gels for a very good prices on line.

My next question was going to be if anyone has a good source for deodorants and candles, cause yeah, they're quite expensive!

You can also find the room sprays cheap on ebay as the shower gels.

How long do those candles last Ruggles?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    My next question was going to be if anyone has a good source for deodorants and candles, cause yeah, they're quite expensive!

You can also find the room sprays cheap on ebay as the shower gels.

How long do those candles last Ruggles?
    They last as long as the Diptyques. Which are longest lasting brand I've ever experienced. I did have a problem with the wicks on the Creed candles. They sometimes burned faster than the wax and had I had to pour some wax off to prevent the candle from smothering itself. And this screwed up the candle. I bought the candle from scentiments and it could have been old and the oil in the wax may have changed. The scents are unbelievably intense and the glass jars are quite beautiful and refillable, too.

Thanks - not being familliar with the Diptyques, how long is that in hours?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Huiles are oil based. They have lower longevity and sillage compared to the alcohol based sprays, but can used for layering, or to increase the effect of the alcohol based sprays (such as when layering SMW Huile with SMW millesime).
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Hey, that was your 1000th post SP! You win a bottle of Silver Mountain Water Huile Parfumee!

I would have thought an oil had alot more longevity than alcohol since alcohol evaporates a whole lot faster.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Hey, that was your 1000th post SP! You win a bottle of Silver Mountain Water Huile Parfumee!

I would have thought an oil had alot more longevity than alcohol since alcohol evaporates a whole lot faster.
    Haha, that was my 1000th! Too late the start a thread boasting about it....

You would think so, right? I don't think there is an equal amount of perfume oil in each, I think of the huile as like a scented lotion; you wouldn't say that a lotion had the same longevity as a fragrance right?
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

The Oils, I presume, are for the Islamic people, who don't use alcohol in any form (I'm presuming thats only the more strict ones) and as there is quite a fragrance following in Dubai and the UAE, they must be popular there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Creed shower gels and candles. My favorite shower gel is Erolfa.
    Erolfa? While I agree that the shower gels are fantastic and are quite concentrated with fragrance oils, I found Erolfa to be one of the weaker gels. It may just be my shower gel bottle though.

On the other hand, SMW and GIT are very concentrated and smell and feel great!
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, oil-based perfumes that have more essential oils do last longer as they stick closer to the skin and moisturize while projecting fragrance. I have a bottle of SMV Huile Parfumee coming to me and I will evaluate it and get back on the findings. Either way, it is a rare and interesting offering from Creed.

I once had a Creed Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse Huile Parfumee. It felt very sticky on my skin and got rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like

i'd love to get a GIT or MI candle, if it was good.

I gotta look into all these gels and stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karazzmatic View Post
    Actually, oil-based perfumes that have more essential oils do last longer as they stick closer to the skin and moisturize while projecting fragrance. I have a bottle of SMW Huile Parfumee coming to me and I will evaluate it and get back on the findings. Either way, it is a rare and interesting offering from Creed.
    I tried this in the store - it was nice. Seemed like excellent longevity, too. You're probably in for a treat. Please let us know how it performs for you!!!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mt219 View Post
    i'd love to get a GIT or MI candle, if it was good.

I gotta look into all these gels and stuff
    Unfortunately, they do not have a candle in either of those scents. The only men's scent in a candle is SMW. I picked the SMW candle during my last NYC trip. It's ok at best. Is you want a nice candle MFK's candles are real nice.

I do have the GIT shower gel, and it is real nice. Did not really like SMW shower gel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I tried this in the store - it was nice. Seemed like excellent longevity, too. You're probably in for a treat. Please let us know how it performs for you!!!
    Hi. I just got my Creed Silver Mountain Water Huile Parfumee and I LOOOOOOOVE IT!! I can't express how rich and moisturizing this is, and you're right- longevity is excellent. I'm going on 5 hours strong and I sprayed it on my inner arms, wrists, neck (all sides, front and back), behind the ears, and on the backs of both hands. I have washed my hands no less than 7 times, and I still smell it on the back of my hands! I want to use it everyday now, but I know I will run out quickly if I do, so I must use this as a treat for myself until I can get another back-up bottle. Sillage is nice too. I have had 3 compliments and I have only been 2 places- the gas station and Inga's Subs & Salads. 2 ladies and 1 guy asked me what I was wearing, and surprisingly the girl at Inga's was familiar with Creed, so I gues she just liked the SMW scent. I told her to feel my skin and it was smooth, but I had put it on about an hour before.
    I am extremely satisfied and excited, and I urge basenoters to give the huile parfumee a few squirts the next time you are in Neiman Marcus. I just can't get over how good it feels when I apply it, and my skin is neither dry nor oily, so it should be a welcome treat for most.
    Last edited by karazzmatic; 18th July 2012 at 04:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried SMW perfume oil last time I was at Neiman's - you're right ! It's fantastic . I visibly swooned .

Post Thanks / Like

My Erolfa gel is good, about the strength of the GIT gel that I use a lot. I must try the huiles too.